/* */

PDA

View Full Version : uni dilemma PLS HELP! :-(

confuzzled
09-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Asalam waalaikum

Hi guys i have a major dilemma!

I'm meant to be starting a dentistry course ina few days. Situation is i developed a few problems with my hands over the lst 7 months or so, pins and needles, stiffness which does not seem to resolve. Have had few tests at hospital but they are not sure of diagnosis, maybe a trapped nerve. But i dont know if it wil become any worse so dont know wt to do abt the course.

I have done istikhara lots of times but am still undecided. plus i think imtoo late to defer.

please help.:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-02-2012, 12:10 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you should start the course anyway because the main practical part of the course will probably start in a couple of years or so. By that time, the problem with your hands might have resolved, Insha'Allaah. I don't think it would be a good idea to throw away the course for something uncertain and which might resolve. Instead, give it more time and see how things go. If necessary, you can always find alternatives even after the course has started (which Insha'Allaah won't be necessary).

Keep making du'a and ask Allaah (swt) for protection against evil and for complete shifaa. May He (swt) grant you complete healing and protect you from evil, and may He guide you to what He (swt) knows is best for you, Aameen.

~Zaria~
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Welcome to IB ukthi : )

I agree with brother Muhammed.

With regards to your medical problem -

Im sure that the doctors who are caring for you, have performed all of the appropiate tests in this regard, insha Allah.

There are many possible causes for this problem.
For a younger person, the following should be looked for in particular:

- Diabetes
- An under-active thyroid
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Low calcium levels
- If both hands are involved - C-spine cord compression is a common cause (e.g. if you have been involved in a previous accident with neck injury), or the presence of an extra/ cervical rib.
- Certain medications can give rise to this sensation as well - e.g anti-epileptics, certain cardiac meds
- If you suffer from weight problems/ rheumatoid arthritis - carpal tunnel syndrome can also occur in these situations.

These are just some of the commoner causes - that can be excluded by means of blood tests and X-rays.

Perhaps just ensure that these have been looked for during your investigations.

May Allah (subhanawataƔla) grant you complete shifaa' from your ailments, and success in your future endeavours as a dentist.
Ameen.

:wa:

confuzzled
09-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I tried to private message u, but it wont let me :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
confuzzled
09-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your replies.

The other problem is im a post grad student doing the graduate entry course which means I would be leaving my job, which is a bit risky, especially now when jobs are difficult to get. Im worried about having to drop out since the course has a massive practical component. But on the otherhand, this course is super competetive and thus alhumdulilah/ mashallah I have been very lucky to get offered the course in the 1st place.

I have further tests at the hosp, but that is AFTER the course starts. The more i think about it the more confused im getting :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!