/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Love of Allah, part 2

Al-Wasia
09-02-2012, 03:05 AM

A man went to Abu-Darda RA and said to him I am an old man I cannot do too much; teach me something that will make me closer to Allah SWT; something very small but big in reward. Abu Darda RA was quiet for sometime and then said, make a Muslim smile. The old man replied, I came to you expecting certain amount of worship and dhikr, and you are telling me to make someone smile? What benefit will that have? Abu-Darda RA relied: if you go and make one Muslim brother or sister smile, then Allah SWT will smile at you, and if Allah SWT smiles at you He will forbid your body to be in the Hell-fire.

Allah u Akbar! Only if we understand the benefit of this; but it does not mean that we go to someone and make them smile by joking around or taking them out to movies. What it really means is that you find someone who has a need and you fulfill that need, because if you do so Allah SWT will love you. There are many ahadith about this topic which you can locate under loving your brother or fulfilling the needs of your brother in any hadith book. We should always ask Allah SWT Oh Allah, give me your love, help me to love you, allow me to love those who loves you, and help me to spread your love; without you I can not do anything Ya Allah.

may Allah Subhhanahuwata'la give us tawfiq to love Him the way He wants us to love Him, ameen, ameen Ya rabbul aa'lameen.

By~Daee' Ahmed Moait

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!