/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An unusual question- help please!

anonymous
09-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I have a question on something I found in my home which is odd but is worrying me, I hope someone can help me inshAllah:

In my house we have souvenirs of different holiday destinations and a few are from Paris. One of these is a fridge magnet and the other is this sort of platform which has some landmarks of Paris on it. On the fridge magnet is the famous Parisian cathedral Notre Dame and on the platform, Notre Dame is also present( along with the Eiffel tower and Arc de triomphe, unrelated info in this case!)

My worry is: is it haram to have a display of Notre Dame on a souvenir in my house, as this is a church? Obviously, I would never look at this place to be anything but a city landmark and it has no spiritual/religious significance whatsoever. I currently don't think this is a sin and to be honest, there must be loads of Muslims all around the world with such souvenirs. Does this mean we should all get rid of these souvenirs displaying Notre Dame because it's a church?

Could this all just be waswasa, because I suffer a lot from this?

I understand this is a really wierd thought that has occurred, but I appreciate your advice JazakAllah!

Wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
09-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Does anyone have any info?? JazakAllah!

Signor
09-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Waalikum Assalaam

Let me tell you I am or We are not here qualified to make things fall into category of Halal or Haraam.In my Humble opinion(May Allah Corrects me)A level of care is applied.I used to do it for anything that I am not sure about.If this thing intrigues in Ibadaa'h and you are keep getting wiswaas only because of this you must do away with it.Either put it in your store or in your cupboard to keep it simply and Not in Open.

Hope This helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!