/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do about these friends at skl??

anonymous
09-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Asalamalaikum, I had a question to ask with regards to friends at secondary (high) school. What is the ruling if you have a group of friends around no more than 8 at school in which half are believers and half are disbelievers. One disbeliever who has recently joined the group and tries to humiliate you in front of your muslim friends for no reason and you are a person who holds tight to the deen inside and outside of school, you give da'wah to your muslim friends and they can all see that from you (even the disbelievers) and one day that same disbeliever who tried humiliating you starts saying lies about you to your muslim friends so that its a way for them to start thinking differently of you and they successfully manage to make your muslim friends distance themselves away from you, whenever you are in their presence, they stop talking, they get rude to you for no reason even if you ask them a simple question like 'do you want to come and pray with me?', they backbite about you and say bad things about you and so what you decide to do is stop talking to all of them once and for all and now you havent spoken to them for months and in a sahih hadith:

β€œIt is not permissible for a Muslim to have estranged relations with his brother beyond three nights, the one turning one way and the other turning the other way when they meet; the better of the two is one who is the first to give a greeting.” (Muslim, Book 032, Number 6210)(Bukhari)

Does this apply to me even though I've attempted to say salamilkum to them however whenever they see me, they go the opposite way and now all love to be with the same disbeliever who influences their view in music and other haram things and in the Quran it says;

Surah 4:144
O you who believe! Take not for friends (awliyaa) unbelievers rather than believers: Do you wish to offer God an open proof against yourselves?

Jazakhumullah khayr for spending time reading this, but what do you think I should do? Do I try speaking to them or ignore them completely (apart from saying asalamu alaykum to them if I happen to see them)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

Nothing wrong with what you are doing. Try to speak to them when you feel it is possible. If they don't want to return the relation, that is their problem.

Don't overthink beyond that, it's not worth it.

anonymous
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
jazakhumullah khayr akhi,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!