/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A New Store Opening!

~Zaria~
09-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

A gentle reminder for the sisters : )

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Nairobi, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE !

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 – These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

‘Wow,’ she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.

‘Oh, mercy me!’ she exclaims, ‘I can hardly stand it!’ Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6
– You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.

They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?”

He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?”

He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1052)

May Allah (subhanwataa'la) protect us all from ingratitude, and fill our hearts with shukr at all times.
Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-06-2012, 10:26 PM
:lol:
that was refreshing.. not sure I like the idea of man-hunting..
isn't it better to be pursued than be the pursuer? :p

~Zaria~
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
:lol:
that was refreshing.. not sure I like the idea of man-hunting..
isn't it better to be pursued than be the pursuer? :p
Indeed, that would be the ideal situation! lol

Unfortunately im too shy in real life......

I think I would of stopped on the 2nd floor........being 'extremely good looking' is often trial for both men and women : )

_Y168
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Lol. That's funny. A good reminder tho. Shukran. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Indeed, that would be the ideal situation! lol

Unfortunately im too shy in real life......

I think I would of stopped on the 2nd floor........being 'extremely good looking' is often trial for both men and women : )
me thinkus a man who is good at housework is the ideal- yes they can smother you with their 'romanticism' and that's somewhat off putting but oh God who can resist someone who'll give a good scrub to the bathroom tiles and shampoo the carpets and doesn't forget to add fabric softener to your clothes' as one famous line once went with my personal spin 'you had me at tide with bleach'

Alpha Dude
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
and doesn't forget to add fabric softener to your clothes
Washing without fabric softener doesn't compare anymore... I only just recently realised the huge difference it makes. :skeleton:

جوري
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
:haha: brilliant

Aprender
09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
me thinkus a man who is good at housework is the ideal- yes they can smother you with their 'romanticism' and that's somewhat off putting but oh God who can resist someone who'll give a good scrub to the bathroom tiles and shampoo the carpets and doesn't forget to add fabric softener to your clothes' as one famous line once went with my personal spin 'you had me at tide with bleach'
Haha I totally I agree. I would have stopped at an earlier floor if the man who is good at helping with housework was on there too. I also don't care for the handsome romantic thing....sounds too much like an unrealistic Disney Prince. >_<

جوري
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
what? you don't find prince charming, well charming?

jameelash
09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
salam,had a good laugh.but y only women .even the men would done the same.;D

جوري
09-08-2012, 09:25 AM
This reminds me of a story I read when I was a youngen called the wondrous lemons. Each time the young man cuts a lemon a beautiful genie woul pop out. To be honest in retrospect I don't know why the young man didn't flee in horror I mean who wants to marry a genie no matter how attractive but I suppose there's no shortage of dumb young men perhaps that was the subliminal message the author was trying to instill - nonetheless I'd smell a scam with this one and not sure why all the desirable men would congregate in Nairobi anywho instead of a rare unchartered island.

Alpha Dude
09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Husbands for sale. When will women stop objectifying men?

ardianto
09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Husbands for sale. When will women stop objectifying men?
Husbands for sale is really exist, bro. Although not in store. Do you think there's no materialistic men?

Women can buy husbands if they have money, but they cannot buy love of a husband.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!