A gentle reminder for the sisters : )
A store that sells husbands has just opened in Nairobi, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:
You may visit the store ONLY ONCE !
There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
– These men have jobs and love the Lord.
The second floor sign reads:
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
The third floor sign reads:
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
‘Wow,’ she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.
‘Oh, mercy me!’ she exclaims, ‘I can hardly stand it!’ Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:
– These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
– You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.
They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?”
He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).”
It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?”
He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1052)
May Allah (subhanwataa'la) protect us all from ingratitude, and fill our hearts with shukr at all times.