/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Aza
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Salaam all!

Not really sure how to start this!

I fell ill with PTSD and social anxiety when I was 17, and I just turned 25 in July. I've spent the last eight years searching for truth, knowledge of the world and trying to get to know myself and find out what I believe in. I've bounced from different faiths, energy systems and all sorts of different subject, even near death experiences and the survivor's stories. All these years my recovery has been up and down and I am still currently unable to work. This year I was finally turned towards Islam; I have always held a light affinity with Christianity but being a history obsessive, I could never put faith into something which I know has been corrupted by man for their own needs. With Islam I suddenly found myself filled with love and relaxation when reading the Quran, and when praying I feel a physical attachment to God and find myself laughing, smiling and expressing myself during prayer as if with another person. Dreams and visions have increased with regularity and clarity and generally my life is spiritually very happy. I've been studying Akhirulzaman for a while now and feel that I need to be continuing with studying the subject. I've joined a few Islamic forums but they have always turned out to be filled with hate, sectarianism or just people who seem to want to learn nothing and just fight with each other. I hope that I can learn on here and hopefully provide help and advice every so often insha'Allah.

Due to my illness I am very limited to when and how I can leave the family home, one day if God wills it I would love to find a partner to continue my life path with and together learn more about Islam.

I think that is it for now!!

Peace and love : )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Wa alaykum salam and welcome to the forum. I hope you find your stay here beneficial. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!