/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can We Eat/Cook Fermented Products?

anonymous
09-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I really want to start making and eating asian themed foods, but I've noticed that things such as Soy Sauce and Miso are made by fermenting certain things, which makes them have alcohol in the technical sense. I personally dont' see much wrong with the presence of naturally occuring alcohol in foods, so long as it's in minute quantities and cannot be used to intoxicate... but I'm still wondering what the general stance on this issue is. The stuff I'm finding online isn't helpful at all.

Also, in addition to the issue of fermentation, what about foods that have been cooked with small amounts of alcohol? I'd imagine these woudl be frowned upon, but at the same time, I know there wouldn't be an issue of fermentation since the amount of alcohol is little and most disappears while cooking. Does anyone know more?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!