/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The keys to Jannah

Periwinkle18
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
KEYS
By Umm nusaybah

Allah has given a key to everything sought for in life.
(this is taken from my notes from the book: Exhorting the soul to the abode of Happiness by ibn Qayyim(ra) that ii heard in a halaqah delivered by ustadh Alomgir Ali)

The key to Jannah
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: the key to Jannah is La ilaha illa Allah
Reported by Yazid ibn saqbara: indeed the swords are the keys to Jannah…
Also another narration: The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said ‘should I not point to the doors of Jannah?’ The sahabi said ‘yes’, then he (peace and blessings be upon him) said: ‘it is La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (there is no might and no power except with Allah)’

The Key to prayer is tahara (purity)
The key to Hajj is ihram
The key to piety is sidq (truthfulness)
The key to Jannah is Tawheed (belief in the ONENESS OF ALLAH)
The key to knowledge is to perfect the art of asking questions, and to perfect the art of listening
The key to victory is sabr (patience)
The key to increase in blessings is gratitude
The key to being close slave of Allah is dhikr (His remembrance)
The key to success is Taqwa (to have fear of Allah)
The key to tawfiq (the ability to do good deeds) is to have desire (for reward) and dread (of punishment)
The key to answered prayer is du’3a (supplication)
The key to desiring the hereafter is to abstain form worldly pleasures
The key to iman is to contemplate and ponder on what Allah has told us to.
The key to meeting Allah is to submit ones heart to Allah, having iklas (sincerity), remembering Him (swt), and loving and hating for His sake.
The key to life of the heartis to contemplate on the Quran, to submit oneself to Him day and night, and to abandon all forms of sins
The key to rahmah (Allah’s mercy on us)is to perfect our worship and to strive to benefit the servants of Allah
The key to rizq (provisions) is to strive to earn a living and istighfar (seek Allah’s forgiveness)
The key to honor is in obeying Allah and His messenger
The key to preparing oneself for the hereafter is to not have expectations of having long to live
The key to all good is desiring to meet Allah and enter into Jannah
The key to all evil is to love dunya and desiring to live forever…

These are very important issues from the most beneficial types of knowledge, knowing the keys to good and evil.
No one is granting success in attaining them except whom Allah has given to.
Every knowledge has a key and a door.

I pray these be of benefit to you all and myself,

These are just from my notes so please forgive me if anything is incorrect in them, any good found in them is from Allah whilst any bad is from my own self and the shaitan.
And please feel free to correct me if my notes are incorrect…

JazakAllahu khairan katheeran.
wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!