/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salah confusion

Zobia
09-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Salam Alaikum,

I recently learned how to pray. In all the years that I didn't know how to pray, am I to make up those years or not?

I know if one deliberately misses prayer they cannot make it up; they have to ask for forgiveness

what is the correct solution to my problem, if anyone knows?

Jazakallah Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
:wa:

I read 2 opinions in our local daily for those who have not prayed since many months / years.

1. U have to make up ur missed salat.

2. Offer sincere repentance and offer nafal / extra salat besides ur 5 times prayers . Nafal will compensate ur missed salat .

And Allah Knows Best.

Zobia
09-11-2012, 11:58 PM
jazakallah for ur reply sis

but i dont know if i'm to make them up since i never knew how to pray at the time..

Allah knows best

Muslim Woman
09-12-2012, 03:23 AM
:sl:

A quick manner to make up the prayers missed for years
Fatwa Date : Sha'baan 11, 1432 / 13-7-2011

Question

some scholars are in opinion that if a person has missed his salah for about 30 years or 40 years and if he is not able to make up of missed salah then he can shorten his missed salah in following way :- 1) without recitng bismillah before surat fatiha and other surat 2)saying subhan rabbiyal azeem and subhan rabbiya aala just once in bowing and prostration instead of thrice 3)saying only three times subhan allah in place of surat fatiha in third and fourth rakat of fard salah 4)saying only allahumaa salle ala muhammad wa ala ale muhammad after attahiyyat in tashahhud and not reciting full durood and dua after attahiyyat 5)saying only rabbig firli in place od dua qunut in witra so could any make his or her missed salah by shortening his salah in this way if he or she has large number of missed salah about 40 years or 50 years

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.
First of all, you should know that making up missed prayers that one has deliberately abandoned is a controversial issue among the scholars

. Nonetheless, in order to be on the safe side, it is better for a Muslim to make up the missed prayer even if he deliberately abandoned them.
However, if he makes them up, he should perform them in a valid way and he should not miss out any of its pillars and conditions due to being great in number.

As regards other issues that you mentioned, most of them are acceptable as the Basmalah [i.e. saying Bismillaah] is not a verse of Al-Faatihah (the opening Chapter of the Quran) according to the view of the majority of the scholars, so it is permissible not to recite the Basmalah according to this opinion although it is better to recite it in order to be on the safe side and avoid the difference of opinion.

As regards reciting a Surah [Chapter] after Al-Faatihah, it is desirable and not an obligation. So, it is possible not to recite a Surah [after Al-Faatihah] in principle, especially if the missed prayers are so many. Besides, saying only “Subhaana Rabbiya Al A’theem” once in Rukoo’ and “Subhaana Rabbiya Al’A’la” once in Sujood, is permissible as well, and by doing so, the obligatory Tasbeeh is achieved according to the scholars who are of the view that saying Tasbeeh in Rukoo’ and Sujood is obligatory. This applies to the obligatory prayers which are prayed in their due time or the missed prayers, whether the missed prayers are few or so many.

The same thing applies to saying “Allahumma Salli A’la Muhammad” as this is sufficient and by saying it the obligatory part of exalting the mention of the Prophet

is achieved.
Concerning the supplication after Tashahhud, it is a Sunnah according to the view of the majority of the scholars and if one does not say it, his prayer is not invalidated.

With regard to the Witr prayer, it is a Sunnah and there is a difference of opinion about the legitimacy of making it up if one had missed it.
Also, there is a difference of opinion about the Qunoot supplication and there is no sin on whoever does not say it.

As regards saying “Subhaanallaah” instead of reciting Al-Faatihah in some Rak’ahs of the prayer, then this is not permissible at all, because the recitation of Al-Faatihah is a pillar in every Rak’ah of the prayer and the prayer is void without reciting it according to the view of the majority of the scholars

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=160935

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
09-12-2012, 03:25 AM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 162085
He missed many prayers at the time he did not believe in Allaah
Fatwa Date : Ramadhaan 1, 1432 / 1-8-2011

Question

Assalamo'alekom, i became a good muslim just six months ago, before than i have never prayed or fasted in my whole life (by the way i'm 20 years old) and i didn't really beleive in God's existance, but slowly i begin to see videos on the internet about islam and miracles of the Quran and then i realised that islam is really the truth, my question is do i have to make up all those years of ramadan and salat even if at the time i wasn't really a muslim because i didn't have a real imen. can you please help me with this issue cause i'm really worried about my self in case i will die without making up all of this duties. will Allah SWT forgive me? Jazaka'Allahu kheir

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

, is His Slave and Messenger.
First of all, we praise Allaah The Almighty for guiding you to Islam, and we ask Him to conclude with it our life and yours.
Undoubtedly, whoever has no faith in the existence of Allaah is a disbeliever rather than a Muslim. If he embraces Islam, no making up for fasting or prayer will be due on him.

But if he was a Muslim before he denied the existence of Allaah, he would be considered as an apostate rather than a disbeliever. If he reverts to Islam, the scholars differed as to whether or not it is obligatory upon the apostate (who reverts to Islam) to make up for the missed prayers and fasts. It is obligatory according to the Shaafi‘i and Hanbali scholars of Fiqh, and not obligatory according to the Hanafi and Maaliki scholars of Fiqh.

In our opinion, making up for the missed prayers and fasts is due. So, calculate what you have missed of them, and make it up to be on the safe side and to free yourself from liability.
However, you may make up every day for the missed prayers of two days at least, unless it delays you from earning a living for your dependents, in which case, you may make up every day for the missed prayers of one day only, or as much as you can without harming yourself. For further information, please refer to Fatwa 105182. The same applies to the fasting which you should make up for, even though it is not necessary to be made up consecutively.

It should be known to you that if you sincerely repent, Allaah The Almighty will accept your repentance and change your bad deeds into good deeds, as He The Almighty Says about him who associates partners with Allaah in worship, commits adultery and kills, when he repents and does righteousness (what means):
• {Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allaah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allaah Forgiving and Merciful.}[Quran 25:70]
• {Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allaah. Indeed, Allaah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."}[Quran 39:53]

Also, it is proven from the Prophet

, that he said: “He, who repents before the sun rises from its setting place, Allaah will accept his repentance.” [Muslim]

So, dear brother, sincerely repent to Allaah, and receive the glad tidings that Allaah will accept your repentance.

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=162085

Zobia
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Jazakallah for this sis! Ok, it seems clear to me now :) May Allah reward you!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!