/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Roller-coaster Ride

tranquility
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I feel like my iman is a roller-coaster ride. One day its up high, then low, then high again, and low again. I think it has to do with the energy around me. I don't know why, but I sometimes absorb a lot of the energy around me, whether it's positive or negative, especially if it's directed toward me. How does one avoid absorbing negative thoughts and energy and focus only on the positives? Every says we should try to focus mostly on the positive, but how do you do that when you're living with someone who constantly makes you feel bad about yourself?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tranquility
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Bump...

جوري
09-13-2012, 11:28 PM
sure everybody is like that (per fluctuating iman that is) ..
you know any relationship you have you've to work on it and generate interest, renew your faith, question your beliefs, forge a closer relationship. Allah swt has provided us with so many means for that.. Even being by yourself and reflecting on nature- saying sob7an Allah in awe is a form of worship. Just don't close the doors and be alone with Satan!
As for being around negative people.. you can't change the way people are but you can change how you react to them..

:w:

CosmicPathos
09-14-2012, 12:08 AM
just yesterday a white patient in 60s said to me in clinic, "youve been working and training with Dr. H, hes been my doctor for 20 years now you know, you shouldnt go back to your country whatever it is once you are done training." His comment was screaming "racist." Yet I smiled it off, so did my white preceptor Dr. H.

I thought maybe it is this guys end stage COPD that has made him bitter. Or maybe it is his cor pulmonale that has made him bitter. I understand he is miserable. He was swearing at liberal leftists. I just told him " Canada is my country, I am going no where." Even though there might not be 100% truth to what I said.

Life is too short to be affected by other ppl. Easier said than done, I know, I myself have to struggle with that. But hey, we know what we are striving for, lets work on it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tranquility
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Thank you for your replies. I think how I react to the person should change. It's easier said than done, but I guess it's the mindset. Getting away and not being near the person all the time should help. No matter how hard you try, it's almost impossible to not be affected by a person without spending less time around them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!