/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reciting the Qur'an - the proper way (tajweed)

ash92:)
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

Any non-arabic Muslims want to learn to recite the Quran better, in the correct manner of arabic? A guy I know who teaches tajweed has made a website just for this purpose, which is free for everyone. It has downloadable mp3 files, which are accompanied by pdf files.

All he asks for is to do dua for him. The website is loveforquran.com

What's the importance? Pronouncing each letter correctly is essential. Here's a few examples by which one can see how mispronouncing a single letter from each of the words on the left can alter the meaning (please note that the translation is not absolute, just provided to give a jist of the meanings with different pronunciations):
  • جَعَلَ = One made / جَعَلأ = the two of them made (mispronouncing would be shirk)
  • حَمْد = praise / هَمْد = inactivity/lifelessness
  • قَلْب = heart / كََلْب = dog
  • صَمَدْ = Self-sufficient / سَمَدْ = to manure
Please tell others, salaam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
09-12-2012, 06:39 PM
SubhanAllah!

This is excellent!

May Allah (subhanawataála) reward the brother and his family abundantly in both this dunya and the Aakhirah.
Ameen.

For all my brothers and sisters who are reverts to Islam, or those who may be wanting to improve their tajweed (pronunciation) - what are you waiting for? : )

Start downloading now, and may Allah (subhanawataa'la) reward you every step of the way.

JazakAllah khair for sharing this with us.

:wa:

09-13-2012, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
SubhanAllah!

This is excellent!

May Allah (subhanawataála) reward the brother and his family abundantly in both this dunya and the Aakhirah.
Ameen.

For all my brothers and sisters who are reverts to Islam, or those who may be wanting to improve their tajweed (pronunciation) - what are you waiting for? : )

Start downloading now, and may Allah (subhanawataa'la) reward you every step of the way.

ameen, thumma ameen

09-15-2012, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
SubhanAllah!

This is excellent!

Ameen.

Could I please ask you to let your family&friends, IB contacts know about the website too?

JazakAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Makkah Outlet
09-15-2012, 08:50 PM
There is another great website that I encourage you to visit. It is Ijaazah.com - there are great personalized, online classes! Check it out and let me know what you think.

~Zaria~
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkah Outlet
There is another great website that I encourage you to visit. It is Ijaazah.com - there are great personalized, online classes! Check it out and let me know what you think.

It looks like a great site.
The $100/ 3 lessons a month may be a bit steep for some though.

JazakAllah khayrun for the share.

Galaxy
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
yeah definitely don't want to mispronounce those arabic words in particular

i've always pronounced haa and xaa as the same as well as taa and ط but haven't considered it's meaning. masha allah there's this brother who's doing something about that.

jazaka Allah khayr

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-16-2012, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkah Outlet
Who is the teacher? And are the ijaazahs given in just hafs 'an Aasim via shatibiyyah or do they also teach the complete ashara sughra?

Hulk
09-16-2012, 04:18 AM
will check it out soon!

09-16-2012, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
yeah definitely don't want to mispronounce those arabic words in particular

i've always pronounced haa and xaa as the same as well as taa and ط but haven't considered it's meaning. masha allah there's this brother who's doing something about that.

jazaka Allah khayr
Yes, we non-arab muslims make many mistakes as our teachers didn't have the resources to learn proper tajweed.

However, alhamdulillah, today we have the means to rectify the mistakes we make in reciting the Qur'an.

Rabbana taqabbal minna, innaka antasami^ul ^aleem. - May Allah ta'ala accept our efforts, ameen.

Contextual examples of the words are below:
  • وَاللهُ جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الاَرْضَ بِِساَطًا٥ = And Allah has made the earth for you an expanse. (Surah Nuh ayaah 19)

• اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعََََالَمِيْنَ٥ = [All] praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds. (Surah Faatiha)
  • اِنََّ فِيْ ذََََالِكَ لََذِكْرَى لِمَنْ كََََََََانَ لهُُُُ، قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلقَََى السََّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيْدٌ٥ = Indeed in that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind]. (Surah Qaf ayaah 37)
  • اَللهُ الصَّمَد٥ = Allah, the Self-sufficient. (Surah Ikhlaas ayaah 2)

09-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Contextual examples of the words are below:
  • وَاللهُ جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الاَرْضَ بِِساَطًا٥ = And Allah has made the earth for you an expanse. (Surah Nuh ayaah 19)

• اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعََََالَمِيْنَ٥ = [All] praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds. (Surah Faatiha)

• اِنََّ فِيْ ذََََالِكَ لََذِكْرَى لِمَنْ كََََََََانَ لهُُُُ، قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلقَََى السََّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيْدٌ٥ = Indeed in that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind]. (Surah Qaf ayaah 37)

• اَللهُ الصَّمَد٥ = Allah, the Self-sufficient. (Surah Ikhlaas ayaah 2)

12-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Another reminder to all,

Please check out the website in the opening post.

jzk

abcdcool2012
12-31-2012, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash92:)
Assalaamu alaykum,

Any non-arabic Muslims want to learn to recite the Quran better, in the correct manner of arabic? A guy I know who teaches tajweed has made a website just for this purpose, which is free for everyone. It has downloadable mp3 files, which are accompanied by pdf files.

All he asks for is to do dua for him. The website is loveforquran.com

What's the importance? Pronouncing each letter correctly is essential. Here's a few examples by which one can see how mispronouncing a single letter from each of the words on the left can alter the meaning (please note that the translation is not absolute, just provided to give a jist of the meanings with different pronunciations):
  • جَعَلَ = One made / جَعَلأ = the two of them made (mispronouncing would be shirk)
  • حَمْد = praise / هَمْد = inactivity/lifelessness
  • قَلْب = heart / كََلْب = dog
  • صَمَدْ = Self-sufficient / سَمَدْ = to manure
Please tell others, salaam :)
Subhanalaah may allah bless you and that man ameen....jazakallah khairan for shairing

Muhaba
12-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I think we have more an obligation toward Quran to learn proper recitation. Not only that, but also to recite the Quran in a beautiful manner, in tarteel and not like, as one Quran teacher said, in a dead way. Allah says to recite the Quran with tarteel. Reciting in this way is very beautiful and makes the recitation (and listening) very enjoyable. Note that no other statement or song can be recited in the beautiful way in which the Quran can be recited. This is because the Quran is miraculous, being the Word of Allah.

One book, Uloom-ul-Quran by Dr. Noor-ud-deen Al-Atar stated that in any work you can either choose words according to their meaning or according to their musical tone - you can't choose both in your writing. if you go for tone/sound, you sacrifice meaning. if you go for meaning, you sacrifice sound. But that is not the case with the Quran. In the Quran, the words are perfect both according to meaning (the best word for the statement is used) and according to sound/tone.

So, no other composition matches the Quran. It's tone is unique and to learn to recite it in correct tajweed brings out the beauty of it. Then shouldn't we?

If you want to learn to properly recite the Quran, one of the best ways is to listen to a Tajweed recitation over and over again and recite the Quran with it. That will help improve your recitation and help you learn tajweed too.

01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
I think we have more an obligation toward Quran to learn proper recitation. Not only that, but also to recite the Quran in a beautiful manner, in tarteel and not like, as one Quran teacher said, in a dead way. Allah says to recite the Quran with tarteel. Reciting in this way is very beautiful and makes the recitation (and listening) very enjoyable. Note that no other statement or song can be recited in the beautiful way in which the Quran can be recited. This is because the Quran is miraculous, being the Word of Allah.

One book, Uloom-ul-Quran by Dr. Noor-ud-deen Al-Atar stated that in any work you can either choose words according to their meaning or according to their musical tone - you can't choose both in your writing. if you go for tone/sound, you sacrifice meaning. if you go for meaning, you sacrifice sound. But that is not the case with the Quran. In the Quran, the words are perfect both according to meaning (the best word for the statement is used) and according to sound/tone.

So, no other composition matches the Quran. It's tone is unique and to learn to recite it in correct tajweed brings out the beauty of it. Then shouldn't we?

If you want to learn to properly recite the Quran, one of the best ways is to listen to a Tajweed recitation over and over again and recite the Quran with it. That will help improve your recitation and help you learn tajweed too.
Yes, without doubt. I'm quite sure I remember my tajweed teacher saying that the word "tajweed" comes from a root word, meaning to beautify something.

And I agree, listening to the Qurra may also prove useful for memorisation, as well as pronunciation.

Iqra101
01-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Thank you for making this post as I truly agree with your post. We as Muslims should learn to read Quran with Tajweed rules and Translation to better understand the message of Allah (swt) and also to better our knowledge of how life should be as well as to pronounce everything properly.

Iqra101
01-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Thank you for making this post as I truly agree with your post. We as Muslims should learn to read Quran with Tajweed rules and Translation to better understand the message of Allah (swt) and also to better our knowledge of how life should be as well as to pronounce everything properly. readquranonline.net

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!