/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Events going on right now

Chris C.
09-15-2012, 02:23 AM
I know I've only made a few posts on this board and all of you have no clue as to who I am.

I am a Christian who lives in the United States. I know there are many out there cursing Islam right now because of the events that happened a few days ago. Not everyone in the United States is though, so please remember that. Just as I don't blame all Muslims for the deaths of my countrymen, I hope you won't blame all Christians because a few so-called Christians will make blanket statements blaming the Nation of Islam for these acts.

I don't know what else to say here, so I will just say that I am reading the Quran, but understanding hasn't shown up as of yet. I read things over and over again and pray for understanding, but it isn't to be yet. I don't remember the things I've read, but with time I'm sure I will.

GOD bless all.
Chris C.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nabooly
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Honestly, if you look at the news and don't understand the political situation in the middle east it somewhat does make sense to be skeptical about Islam. However we do know how sensitive of a time it is over there. Nothing is black and white.

I really admire you reading the Qur'an. That's great, whether you're looking to convert or just taking interest in learning more about our great religion! I'll tell you though it will be difficult to understand the Qur'an without a clear translation. This is the Qur'an I have except mine is English and Arabic: http://www.amazon.com/English-Transl...words=al+quran

It's really clear and concise and has an explanation of the Surah in the beginning. It explains where and when it was revealed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!