PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu Alaikum



TG123
09-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Hello everyone and salaam alaikum. My name is TG123, and I am an evangelical Christian. I post on ChristianForums, and also used to post on CARM and Bismika Allahuma briefly.

I enjoy debating with Muslims about Islam and Christianity. I will be honest, and not pretend I am here to merely learn about Islam... I would like to discuss and critique Islam, and am open to people discussing and critiquing Christianity. I hope that Muslims turn to Jesus and believe what the Bible teaches about Him, I am also open to Muslims trying to convert me to Islam, since I try to do the same thing, but with Christianity.

In the process, I am very open to learning more about the Islamic faith, and clearing up misconceptions and misunderstandings I probably have. I also hope this is the same of Muslims and other people who are discussing Christianity.

I will try to keep up with the discussion but sometimes it may take me a long time to reply, as I am involved in debates and discussions on CF also, as well as with a person via email; and I also have a life outside internet forums. I apologize in advance for when that will take place, but I will make an effort to respond to discussion.

It is an honour and a blessing to be on this forum, I look forward to talking with many of you.

Allahma3k.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
09-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by TG123
I enjoy debating with Muslims about Islam and Christianity.
Strange thing to enjoy and a great way to feed an ego and get some arrogance going. When I was a Christian I didn't enjoy debating with Muslims about Christianity. I found it more beneficial to listen and learn and gain a new perspective. With debating, people have a way of not listening to what other people say and try to find things to reassure their own world views. We'll never be able to grow with peace and understanding when we do this. I advise you to check out the comparative religion section and do some reading too.

With that said, I'll tell you that I enjoy baking sweet desserts, praying, smiling and horseback riding.

Originally Posted by TG123
It is an honour and a blessing to be on this forum, I look forward to talking with many of you.
In shaa Allah. Please, tell me what you know about the Islamic faith so far.
Reply

جوري
09-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by TG123
I hope that Muslims turn to Jesus
We already love Jesus without the mockery you've made of him- There's no going back to the dark ages, to confusions, to three gods, to gods who forsake themselves, to gods who impregnate young girls with themselves, to prophets who are sent to people speaking against vice yet sleep with their own daughters, to gods who abrogate their commandments by descending on charlatans, who pray to themselves and those are unable to choose effectual disciples and whose disciples forsake them as peter 'the rock' did before the death of said gods.. My feeling is you hopped around from one Muslim forum to the next only to be met with resistance for obvious reasons but folks didn't lay it out for you as I am now.. forgive that I haven't perfected my Islamic mannerisms yet.
Do you want to sell us a middle eastern man god whose language you don't even speak while we speak his mother tongue or similar?

best,
Reply

TG123
09-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Aprender
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Aprender
Strange thing to enjoy and a great way to feed an ego and get some arrogance going. When I was a Christian I didn't enjoy debating with Muslims about Christianity. I found it more beneficial to listen and learn and gain a new perspective. With debating, people have a way of not listening to what other people say and try to find things to reassure their own world views. We'll never be able to grow with peace and understanding when we do this. I advise you to check out the comparative religion section and do some reading too.
What is wrong with enjoying debate? As a Christian, I believe my faith is true, as a Muslim, do you not the same? Don't you wish others to make the same choice that you did... ie come to Islam? I wasn't born a Christian either, and chose to put my faith in Christ when I was in grade twelve. Some of my best friends are Muslims, and we have debates with each other about our faiths.

Originally Posted by Aprender
With that said, I'll tell you that I enjoy baking sweet desserts, praying, smiling and horseback riding.
Awesome. I enjoy praying too, as well as cooking up new dishes and volunteering at my church and traveling. I have served in the West Bank with Christian Peacemaker Teams and International Solidarity Movement, two groups that observe and report on human rights violations against Palestinians from the Israeli army and settlers and sometimes intervene directly to prevent violence, and I have worked with a humanitarian group called No More Deaths on the US-Mexico border. I think smiling is great and laughing is even better, especially when someone says a funny joke.:)


Originally Posted by Aprender
In shaa Allah. Please, tell me what you know about the Islamic faith so far.
Not enough. I know Muslims believe in one God, and that Muhammad is His final messenger. I know Islam teaches honour and respect for Moses and Jesus and David as prophets, no less honourable than Muhammad. I know Islam teaches Jesus was born of a virgin, and that Muslims believe He is not the Son of God or God, and that He did not die on the cross. I know Muslims believe in respecting non-Muslims and only fighting if attacked first. I know Islam teaches that people who have accepted Islam will go to Heaven, and those who have not will go to Hell. I know Islam teaches Muslims are to pray 5 times a day and fast from dawn to dusk during Ramadan from food and water and sexual intercourse. I know Islam teaches that the Quran is God's direct and unchangeable message for all people to follow for all generations. There are many more things Islam teaches obviously, some that I know, others that I don't...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
TG123
09-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
We already love Jesus without the mockery you've made of him- There's no going back to the dark ages, to confusions, to three gods, to gods who forsake themselves, to gods who impregnate young girls with themselves, to prophets who are sent to people speaking against vice yet sleep with their own daughters, to gods who abrogate their commandments by descending on charlatans, who pray to themselves and those are unable to choose effectual disciples and whose disciples forsake them as peter 'the rock' did before the death of said gods.. My feeling is you hopped around from one Muslim forum to the next only to be met with resistance for obvious reasons but folks didn't lay it out for you as I am now.. forgive that I haven't perfected my Islamic mannerisms yet.
Do you want to sell us a middle eastern man god whose language you don't even speak while we speak his mother tongue or similar?

best,
Salaam Alaikum. You make some very interesting points, if that is alright I would prefer to wait to address them until I am able to post on more parts of this forum.

Just wanted to apologize for something I believe I was not clear with. Muslims do respect Jesus and believe in Him. I meant to believe in Him meaning believing in what the Bible teaches about Him.

As a Muslim, I am sure you want people to believe in and worship Allah. As a Christian, I do... but my understanding of Allah (God) and what it means to believe in and worship Him I am sure is different from yours as a Muslim.

I haven't perfected my Christian mannerisms either, not to worry, no offence taken. :)Salaam.
Reply

جوري
09-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by TG123
As a Muslim, I am sure you want people to believe in and worship Allah.
Not really I don't care. Each soul is held in pledge by its own deeds. I am for the motion of people perfecting their religion rather than reaching out for new people.
Indeed our understanding of God is different.. you worship a man and I worship the one who created him!

best,
Reply

TG123
09-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Not really I don't care. Each soul is held in pledge by its own deeds. I am for the motion of people perfecting their religion rather than reaching out for new people.
So if a person is a polytheist or Satanist you would rather he or she perfect their own religion?...

Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Indeed our understanding of God is different.. you worship a man and I worship the one who created him!

best,
That is a major misunderstanding held of Christianity, and I'll gladly address that when I get permission to post in the Comparative Religions section.
Reply

جوري
09-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by TG123
So if a person is a polytheist or Satanist you would rather he or she perfect their own religion?...
Any religion that isn't Islam is a form of satanism including atheism.. for many are the ways of satan and I genuinely don't care what they do. My concern lies with Muslims ONLY!


Originally Posted by TG123
That is a major misunderstanding held of Christianity, and I'll gladly address that when I get permission to post in the Comparative Religions section.
Many before you have tried ALL have failed and that's because:
Al-Isra (The Journey by Night) [17:81] [RECITE]
[top] [next match]
Waqul jaa alhaqqu wazahaqa albatilu inna albatila kana zahooqan
17:81 And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."

the religion of Islam for he who reasons is a link that's made in one circle there's no rift in it..

best,
Reply

Aprender
09-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by TG123
That is a major misunderstanding held of Christianity, and I'll gladly address that when I get permission to post in the Comparative Religions section.
What type of Christian are you?
Reply

TG123
09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Aprender
What type of Christian are you?
A Christian. If you want to put me into a denominatory category I guess you could say evangelical. What type of Muslim are you?
Reply

TG123
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
So does anyone know how long it takes until you are allowed to post on the rest of the forum. Shukran wa Allahma3k.
Reply

جوري
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
you're able to post on the rest of the forum, however you're a limited member so there are restrictions to weed out the trolls. Make fifty honest posts and you'll have the same privileges as the rest of us!

best,
Reply

Aprender
09-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by TG123
A Christian. If you want to put me into a denominatory category I guess you could say evangelical.
I was just asking a simple question as Christians have different beliefs and I did not want to make any assumptions about yours. Thank you for answering though.

Originally Posted by TG123
What type of Muslim are you?
[3:64] Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah ." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]."
Reply

Insaanah
09-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Greetings and welcome to the forum.
Originally Posted by TG123
I enjoy debating with Muslims about Islam and Christianity. I will be honest, and not pretend I am here to merely learn about Islam... I would like to discuss and critique Islam, and am open to people discussing and critiquing Christianity. I hope that Muslims turn to Jesus and believe what the Bible teaches about Him, I am also open to Muslims trying to convert me to Islam, since I try to do the same thing, but with Christianity.
In case you haven't seen them, I'd like to draw your attention to the forum rules:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

In particular rule 15.

15.Promoting Religions other than Islam
While interfaith discussions are allowed promoting another religion is not allowed on the discussion board. This discussion board was created to promote Islam, not another religion. There are many other discussion boards on the Web which you can promote your religion other than Islam.
So you cannot try to convert us to Christianity. Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the mightiest messengers of God whom we believe in, and love. And we do not turn to the Bible when we have the final scripture from God, a book that is 100% the word of God with no human authors.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and benefit from it.

Peace.
Reply

Bint-e-Adam
09-24-2012, 06:05 AM
:welcome: hope u will enjoy here. or get any benefit form here.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!