/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you hep me?

Scimitar
09-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Assalaam alaikum.

I don't know how to start, but whatever...

I'm 37, living at home with parents and siblings. I am unemployed for a long time now. I have no education. I NEED a JOB.

My situation is very difficult, and I'm too much in a rut right now to explain it.

All I can say is "please, if any of you live in the London area and are in a position to employ a brother, then please consider me"

because my desperation has led me here. To ask you if you can help.

I wanna say a lot more but i'm really not in a good place right now...

Bottom line, groundhog day sucks and i been here for far too long. All the jobs I apply for get given to another. The gap in my employment is growing larger. The likelihood of me getting a job is very slim. I still apply on a daily basis, but now, i'm losing hope BIGTIME.

If you can seriously help in offering me a job - then PM me and insha-Allah, I will tell you what I am good at, what I am able to do confidently.

As for those well wishers and curious types, I appreciate your sentiments, but i need action, not sympathy. I hate sympathy for myself.

Sorry for being blunt. But I am in a very desperate situation and will do any job as long as it earns me halal money.

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-18-2012, 12:48 AM
I have seen this website advertise for jobs needing a Muslim don't know if it were web design or something:
http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=1672

try to write the owner Atiff Darr I think is his name

May Allah swt grant you success..

:w:

جوري
09-18-2012, 12:51 AM
atifdarr@simplyislam.com

Muslim Woman
09-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Walaykum as Salaam

may Allah help u bro.Don't be depressed. Allah is our provider .

Keep praying and keep looking for job or business .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
09-18-2012, 01:24 AM
may Allah give you success.

You are good at documentaries/video stuff etc. Why do not you get your creative juices flowing and venture into that stuff? There are many people whose livelihood depends on youtube.

Hulk
09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Wa alaykumsalam,

For some reason I always thought you were in your 20s like me bro :).. anyway, maybe you already know of this site but if you don't you can try checking out this site..

http://mandy.com/1/jobs2.cfm?t=ukew

All the best bro..

Scimitar
09-26-2012, 12:23 AM
it seems that the older I get, the more difficult it is to land a job.

I feel like giving up.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
09-26-2012, 12:48 AM
:sl:

Certainly no one despairs of Allahs Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."

( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #87)

Scimitar
09-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Thank you for the reminder sister. I needed that.

Scimi

Innocent Soul
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
You are good at documentaries/video stuff etc. Why do not you get your creative juices flowing and venture into that stuff? There are many people whose livelihood depends on youtube.
I agree with you. I think you just need to make a list or know the things you can do. Remember you should not get depressed. Tell Allah what your difficulties are and ask Him to help you.

Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah). (Surah Muzammil 73:6)

Try offering tahajjud at night. Inshallah you will somewhat relieved. :)

Snowflake
09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Brother Scimi, we are desperately in need of archery clubs for muslims. We must revive this sunnah for brother and sisters around the UK. I am looking for someone who'll take on the task of teaching brothers, while I teach sisters. But seeing you're in London, and if moving isn't an option, you might want to set up your own club there?

Please let me know if you are interested. The instructor course is only two weekends and you'll be qualified to teach others. I think you have the potential of earning good money, be self-employed and most of all you'll be earning great reward for reviving the sunnah of Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam).

I think you'd be perfect for this job and vice versa. Let me know what you think insha Allah.

Scimitar
09-28-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm so interested :)

I already know 3 martial arts and am handy with a sword (hence the name, Scimitar)...

Archery, I love watching it, and would love to do it - to teach it? That would be amazing.

WOW, this could be the ticket... insha-Allah, this could be the ticket.

I'd relocate if it paid enough to get me into a place, no probs... but I guess in the beginning it wouldn't be much - so I can teach from London insha-Allah. Pleanty of Muslims here.

Can I get more information please sister?

Scimi

Hulk
09-28-2012, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I already know 3 martial arts and am handy with a sword (hence the name, Scimitar)...
Could have been a superhero bro.. :P

Snowflake
09-28-2012, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'm so interested :)

Archery, I love watching it, and would love to do it - to teach it? That would be amazing.

WOW, this could be the ticket... insha-Allah, this could be the ticket.

I'd relocate if it paid enough to get me into a place, no probs... but I guess in the beginning it wouldn't be much - so I can teach from London insha-Allah. Pleanty of Muslims here.

Can I get more information please sister?

Scimi

Masha Allah, this is great to hear brother! I totally agree. It makes sense that you should do this in your own city for many reasons.

Please find all the details you need at: http://www.archeryleaders.co.uk/enquiry.html

Finally, have you thought about where you will teach? What avenues are available to you e.g. mosque, community centre etc? What about the equipment? I have considered shipping it from Pakistan, but if you find a cheaper alternative then let me know insha Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2012, 11:20 AM
sis is it a muslim only archery range or something? I have been looking for something like that for a long time now.

also where in UK?

Snowflake
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sis is it a muslim only archery range or something? I have been looking for something like that for a long time now.

also where in UK?
No brother, it's not muslim only. The courses are run by coach Philip Buren of Archery Leaders. But there's no reason why muslims can't train as instructors and go on to open archery clubs aimed at muslims. Personally I'd like to leave the doors open for people of all faiths as long as segregation remains a priority - yet given the current views of non muslims on Islam, I doubt there'd be many non muslims interested. I think the best time to attend is in the cold months where the females will be dressed more modestly.

The courses themselves are held in different locations across the UK. So insha Allah there's bound to be one within a comfortable traveling distance for you. You can see here some of the locations the courses are held at by following the link below. If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know insha Allah.

http://www.archeryleaders.co.uk/scheduled.htm

Scimitar
09-30-2012, 03:06 AM
Insha-Allah, I'll be going to India for a month from the 29th of October with my father, we have some land dispute (hurr hurr) and my father is getting kinda old now.

Insha-Allah when i get back, i will look into this properly. I can't really get it out of my mind - it seems perfect for someone like me.

Scimi

Snowflake
10-02-2012, 08:06 AM
^Masha Allah. Where about in India bro? Archery's making a big comeback across India too. Maybe you can get some quotes about archery equipment while you're there insha Allah.

Scimitar
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Assalaam alaikum and alhamdulillah,

I got a job. I'm making android / iphone and html5 apps for businesses.

Jazak'Allah for all your dua's and good wishes. May Allah reward you all from HIS eternal and endless bounties, ameen.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!