Lost in the waves of faces.
So many faces.

Do you see me?
Drowning in this crowd.
This sea of sin.
Washing over me.
Stripping away my innocence.

Just a nobody.

Amongst so many hues, sounds, shapes, ideas.
Wanting to be heard.
Wanting to be seen.
Wanting to be known.

But you do not know me.

I’m just one of billions,
Amongst man and jinn.
From those who were before me.
Those who are with me.
And those who are still to come.

Will you remember me when I too, depart.
I came, without warning.
I will leave, without warning.
Like a nobody.

Will life go on?
As it were……when nobody has come and gone?

Who am I?

Just one of billions.
A nobody.

But, I’m Somebody.

To the One who thought me, shaped me, breathed me into life.
The One who knows each breathe, each beat of my heart, each silent cry.
The One who feeds me, clothes me, listens to me, sustains me.
To the One who is Calling me Back!

I am nobody……yet, somebody.
Like YOU.

Just one of billions,
Amongst man and jinn.
From those who were before you.
Those who are with you.

We are all somebody.

To the ONE who NEEDS nobody.
Nobodies…..like me, like you.

So, why do you think so much of yourself?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
05-04-2013, 11:53 AM
:salam:

For some reason, Ive really been feeling like a 'nobody' recently.

And then I remembered this poem, from last year....

As well as this hadith and its beautiful commentary:

Ibn `Umar relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) placed his hand on his shoulder and said:

“Be in the world as if you are a stranger or a wayfarer.”

Thereafter, Ibn `Umar used to say: “When the night comes, do not wait for the day, and when the day comes, do not wait for the night. Take from your health for your sickness, and take from your life for your death.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (7/170)]

The meaning of "stranger" in this hadîth is that of a person living as a foreigner in a foreign land.

Here, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) likens the proper state of a pious believer to a foreigner who has no home to repair to and whose whole life is spent on the road, never staying in any place for a long time, a stranger who is just passing through.
The hadîth says that the believer in the world is like a traveler in a foreign country This simile is rich in meaning. There are at least three ways in which it can be understood

About this hadîth, Ibn Battâl observes:

A foreigner does not much enjoy the company of other people. He generally feels alienated from them, since he rarely happens upon a person he knows. He is a person in a weak position who needs to remain wary. The same goes for a wayfarer. Allah’s Messenger compared the believers to them to show their asceticism, taking from the world only their basic needs. [Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî, Fath al-Bârî (11/234)]

Ibn Battâl touches upon one of the meanings that is communicated by this hadîth in its comparing a believer to a stranger in a foreign land.

This is the lower than normal desire such a person has for socializing with others in the locality and the discomfort that person feels in their company.

There is, though, another meaning expressed by this simile.

A stranger who is determined to return to his own country rarely becomes attached to anything in the foreign country where he or she is staying. That person's heart is too fully attached to his or her homeland.

The same can be said for a believer whose heart does not become attached to anything in the world and who longs for the Hereafter which is the permanent abode and to which is the final return.

We can find a third meaning as well.

A stranger is not tainted by the bad conduct that comes from mixing with people and socializing with them.

Likewise, a true believer is not distracted from the Creator. Such a person rarely harbors in his heart any envy, rancor, or hypocrisy. A true believer is not one to dispute with others, nor slander them nor expose their faults.

The hadîth also depicts the idea of spiritual advancement and progress. It follows the simile of a stranger with mention of a wayfarer, and a wayfarer is even less attached to the lands that he or she passes through than the stranger or foreign resident.

The way that strangeness is used in this particular hadith is a tangible one; it is the idea of being separated from one’s nation and people and dwelling among others. It does not depict the idea that the believer is regarded as odd or strange by others.

That is another meaning of "stranger": where a person is regarded by the majority to be strange or odd on account of his or her righteousness, adherence to what is best, and avoidance of sin.

This is the idea of being in either partial or total nonconformity with one's surroundings, of doing one thing while everyone else is doing another. They are worlds apart. This other understanding of strangeness describes the believers at the end of time and is the meaning of the estrangement found in the hadîth: “Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahîh Muslim (1/131)]

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-428-3911.htm

Periwinkle18
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Thank you so much for bumping the thread I do feel like a nobody sometimes

~Zaria~
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Thank you so much for bumping the thread I do feel like a nobody sometimes

Dont worry ukthi, I know exactly how you feel...xxx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes, everybody will feel that at some point of his/her life. That's only because we are human. No matter who you are.

That feeling only comes when we are caught up the material world. When that aspect of 'life' overtakes our sense of worth, especially when we are unable to compete, you will feel like a nobody. But nobody is a nobody to Allah. He has different rewards system, and it is not govern by how deep your pockets are. :shade:

Plz Answer Me
08-16-2013, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Who am I?

I am just one of billions,
Amongst man and jinn.
Those who are with me.
And those who are still to come!

Just one of billions.

A nobody.

Lost in the waves of faces.
So many faces.

Do you see me?
Drowning in this crowd.
This sea of sin.
Washing over me.
Stripping away my innocence.

Just a nobody.

Amongst so many hues, sounds, shapes, ideas.
Wanting to be heard.
Wanting to be seen.
Wanting to be known.

But you do not know me.

I’m just one of billions,
Amongst man and jinn.
Those who are with me.

Will you remember me when I too, depart.
I came, without warning.
I will leave, without warning.
Like a nobody.

Will life go on?
As it were……when nobody has come and gone?

Who am I?

Just one of billions.
A nobody.

But, I’m Somebody.

To the One who thought me, shaped me, breathed me into life.
The One who knows each breathe, each beat of my heart, each silent cry.
The One who feeds me, clothes me, listens to me, sustains me.
To the One who is Calling me Back!

I am nobody……yet, somebody.
Like YOU.

Just one of billions,
Amongst man and jinn.
From those who were before you.
Those who are with you.

We are all somebody.

To the ONE who NEEDS nobody.
Nobodies…..like me, like you.

So, why do you think so much of yourself?

:thumbs_up

Plz Answer Me
08-16-2013, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Yes, everybody will feel that at some point of his/her life. That's only because we are human. No matter who you are.

That feeling only comes when we are caught up the material world. When that aspect of 'life' overtakes our sense of worth, especially when we are unable to compete, you will feel like a nobody. But nobody is a nobody to Allah. He has different rewards system, and it is not govern by how deep your pockets are. :shade:
:thumbs_up

h-n
08-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Everyone is someone, so much so, that Allah, the Lord of the Worlds is judging you himself on the Day of Judgement, he is not delegating that task to anyone, not even to an angel.

ardianto
08-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Love will change us from nobody into somebody

Love will make us understand how important we are for the others

~Zaria~
12-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Beloved Allah,
There is Only You.

My beginning,
My ending,
My everything in between..

There is no 'me', without YOU

No thought,
No action,
No life, without - YOU.

No heaven,
No hell,
No Day of Reckoning..

Beloved Allah,
There is no 'me'.

There is
only YOU.

~06/12/2014

فصيح الياسين
01-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Wish i get. Allah said my khalifa prophet mohamad s.a.w said my omati. My parents say our beloved son. My teacher says our best student. My sheikh says my best murshid my friends says our best friend. My nafs say dweller of world . Shaitan says best pious person... but my heart says worst person in world who is under mightness of al-mighty ALLAH....

~Zaria~
03-21-2015, 05:36 PM
One Day

One Day I'll brave -

Last beat,
Last breathe,
Shrouded in white.

One Day I'll be -

Faded memory,
Scattered bones,
Moments delight.

One Day I'll know -

Secrets of my grave,
Day of all Days,
Astonishing sight.

One Day unknown.
One Day foretold.
One Day.
Someday.

End of Play.

~ 14/03/2015

~Zaria~
10-10-2019, 10:21 AM
The body most enshrouded is most liberated,

The eyes most lowered, most elevated,

The mind most focused, most at peace,

The heart most occupied (in remembrance of its Lord), most pleased.

~zaria~

Ahmed.
10-11-2019, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by h-n
Everyone is someone, so much so, that Allah, the Lord of the Worlds is judging you himself on the Day of Judgement, he is not delegating that task to anyone, not even to an angel.
This is infact a wrong way to think as thinking we are 'someone' is pride which an atom of takes to hell. In islam its good to think we are nothing, just a worthless piece of sinful nobody which if Allah doesn't take mercy on, we're just hell fuel

RichardN
02-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Absolutely amazing poem

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!