/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would this be Kufr or Nifaaq ?

asif32
09-18-2012, 02:30 PM
:sl:

I am just wondering would it be classed as Kufr or Nifaaq or something else if a person who believes in Allah (swt) and the Messenger (pbuh)
and all the articles of faith with utmost certainty (not a shadow of a doubt!), and does his best in ibadaah and other good deeds as much as he is able, but deep in his heart
he wishes he did not exist.

He wishes Allah (swt) did not create him at all.

He would rather not exist at all than to go through the pains of Dunya, Grave, Judgement, Siraat etc and given the choice he would rather be a insect (with
a life of a few days but little pain and no accountability) or a Angel who can do no wrong or simply not exist.

Is this kufr or nifaq, or something other?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
I think everyone goes through that.. even Maryam (AS) and Umar ibn iklhtaab.. This deen was too much for the mountains the bear and yet mankind accepted it.. so it is natural to want a way out rather than go through the difficulty of it.

Muwaahid
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asif32

I am just wondering would it be classed as Kufr or Nifaaq or something else if a person who believes in Allah (swt) and the Messenger (pbuh)
and all the articles of faith with utmost certainty (not a shadow of a doubt!), and does his best in ibadaah and other good deeds as much as he is able, but deep in his heart
he wishes he did not exist.

***No that is neither Kufr nor Nifaaq, what you have stated is merely the result of reflecting on the reality of this life and the difficulties we all have to go through as believers. It is this type of fear that will propell the muslim to be conscious of Allaah to fear His wrath by abstaining from everything Allaah and His Messenger [sallallaahu alayhi wa salam]forbade and an encouragement to do everything that Allaah and His Messenger [sallallaahu alayhi wa salam] commanded or encouraged. There is no doubt everyone from amongst the believers would love an easy reckoning or no reckoning at all and Allaah and His Messenger [sallallaahu alayhi wa salam] taught us ways in which we can lighten our reckoning as it comes in the authentic hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurairah [radiya Allaahu anhu] "whoever believes in Allaah and the last day, let him say that which is good or remain silent" [Collected by Bukhaaree and Muslim] So there are ways and means to lighten your reckoning.

He wishes Allah (swt) did not create him at all.

***That is a result of your fear but also temper that fear with hope and having husnu dhann billaah [have a good opinion of Allaah] reflect upon His names and Attributtes and Qualities. Know that He is Merciful, Forgiving, Gentle, Loving, by reflecting on those names and attributes and qualities should fill your heart with hope. We as Muslims worship Allaah upon love,hope,and fear. We combine all three otherwise we fall into deviance.

He would rather not exist at all than to go through the pains of Dunya, Grave, Judgement, Siraat etc and given the choice he would rather be a insect (with
a life of a few days but little pain and no accountability) or a Angel who can do no wrong or simply not exist.

***I totally understand how you feel, such is the way of the believers, when we reflect on the Kitaab and the Sunnah there is no recourse except that we travel throughout this life upon two wings, the wing of hope and the wing of fear. It has been said by some of the people of the past,"whoever worships Allaah with love alone is a Zindeeq [heretic]. He who worships Allaah upon hope alone is likened to a Murjiah, and he who worships Allaah upon fear alone is a Hurooree [khawaarij] but he who worships Allaah upon love, hope an fear then he is a Mu'min Muwaahid."

Is this kufr or nifaq, or something other?
Let us all gather upon this love hope and fear for that is from the fundamentals of Ibaadah

syed_z
09-19-2012, 04:25 PM
SubHan Allah... Congratulations to you brother you have Iman (Faith).

PS: But make sure you take care of it since you are told because taking care of it is not easy :(

A dua from among the duas of Prophet (saw) to ask Allah (swt) for ease and forgiveness in this world and the hereafter so that life and the hereafter becomes bearable.....

Allahummal-tuf bi fi taysiri kulli asir(in), fa inna taysira kulli asirin alayka yasir(un), wa as'alukal-yusra wal-mu'afata fid dunya wal-akhira(ti). Alluhmma-fu anii fa innaka Afuwwun Karim.

O Allah, extend Your graciousness to me by turning all difficulties into ease, for to make a difficulty easy is very easy for you. And I ask You for ease and forgiveness in the world and in the Hereafter. O Allah, forgive me for indeed You are the Generous Forgiver.

And I would like to share this story which might InshA'Allah give ease to your heart, it gave mine when I read it...Its narrated by one of the greatest Sufis of the past named Sahl Tastari (r.a)

Muḥammad b. Sawwār informed me that when he performed the Hajj one year, he saw Ayyūb al-Sakhtiyānī, who had begun the first [part] of his recitation of the whole Qurʾān in his prayer (ṣalāt). [At the same time] he noticed another man from Basra facing the Kaʿba who had started reciting Sūrat al-Muṭaffifīn [83] and kept on repeating the verse, ‘Do they not know that they will be resurrected?’ [83:4].

Ayyūb al-Sakhtiyānī had reached two-thirds of the way through the Qurʾān when that man was still repeating this same verse. At the approach of dawn Ayyūb had reached the Sūrat al-Fīl [105], while the other man had reached God’s words, A day when (all) mankind will rise before the Lord of the Worlds? [83:6]. Then that same man fell unconscious, and on approaching him we found him dead.

(Taken from Tafsir of Tastari)

...the impact of the Allah's consciousness that this Verse of the Quran made on that man's heart did not even make him move ahead ... and just imagining the day when he would have to face Allah (swt) made him so full of fear that he fell dead due to that fear..... now thats Iman!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
09-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

This may sound strange.....but I often wish that it was just Allah (subhanawatáala) and the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) and myself.
Nobody else.
And then I realise how unworthy I am to even expect such an honour : (

I guess Im too possessive......(even over our Rabb!) : (

Does anyone else identity with this?

tigerkhan
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
well its same like a difficult test and exam. so when u r in test, at time u think it will be wonderful if u r out of this. no pass no fail. BUT u know if we succeeded, u cant imagine how much we will be rewarded and those who had not given the opportunity of this test (like animals and other living beings) they wish if they too were given the chance. so thanks ALLAH SWT for this great opportunity and try ur best to pass it. i know we are weak and sometime we get disappointed, tired but its just a exam of few moments and reward is endless. hope u got it.

tigerkhan
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

This may sound strange.....but I often wish that it was just Allah (subhanawatáala) and the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) and myself.
Nobody else.
And then I realise how unworthy I am to even expect such an honour : (

I guess Im too possessive......(even over our Rabb!) : (

Does anyone else identity with this?
thats strange but yes in jannah u will be with Prophet PBUH and we can see Allah SWT, but i also wish to have company of companions of Prophet PBUH, such a great ppl they r..love them alot too.

جوري
09-21-2012, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i also wish to have company of companions of Prophet PBUH, such a great ppl they r..love them alot too.
Ditto that... but I think our rope with Allah swt is through prayers.. It should feel like it is a one on one.. and it is the last thing the prophet PBUH spoke of on his death bed and the same with Umar ibn Ilkhtaab.

tigerkhan
09-23-2012, 12:18 AM
exactly. u r right. ultimate goal is Allah SWT but agian if we love companion, thats too bcz of Allah SWT. When Prophet PBUH was on death bed, one day on time of salat, He asked to pull up the cloth of hujra (room) to see His companion. Suhaba RA was praying salat. Prophet PBUH saw them and then there was a lit smile and sign of relaxation of His face and He died by saying ya umati ya umati. infact HE Pbuh and we love companion bcz of Allah SWT to acknowledge their effort for deen of Allah SWT.
what sister zaria was telling, thats seem bit strange to me bcz our relation with Allah SWT is not like our relation with human beings. but anyway ppl can have different feelings,approach toward some matter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!