/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it blasphemous to think of it like this?

Darth Ultor
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Hell is obviously a place of punishment but I don't see God sending people there because He hates them for doing wrong. Put it this way: you're a parent and you have a son who misbehaves. He's disrespectful, immoral, and engages in criminal activity. You tried everything to get him to stop what he's doing and gave him many many chances. But in the end, he didn't want to change his ways and by the time he became an adult, you tell him he has to leave and not come back. But that doesn't mean that you, the parent still don't love the son, you just gave up on him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
giving up implies limitations and therefore doesnt befit His majesty.

He is all-powerful remember :)

Ramadan90
09-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Allah is the most merciful and he hates to punish us, but we cant abuse Allahs mercy. Allah loves more than our own mothers, I think it was 70 times more if I remember right. There will be consequences for every of your actions, good and bad.

farah-
09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Allah doesn't like to punish, he is All Merciful :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-21-2012, 07:34 PM
An-Nisa [4:147]

مَّا يَفْعَلُ اللّهُ بِعَذَابِكُمْ إِن شَكَرْتُمْ وَآمَنتُمْ وَكَانَ اللّهُ شَاكِرًا عَلِيمًا
Ma yafAAalu Allahu biAAathabikum in shakartum waamantum wakana Allahu shakiran AAaleeman
4:147 What can Allah gain by your punishment, if ye are grateful and ye believe? Nay, it is Allah that recogniseth (all good), and knoweth all things.

Zabel
10-22-2012, 03:32 AM
I know I am speaking as a non-Muslim, but if I may... I believe that God's punishment of us in this life is like a parent's. He wants to correct us and change us for the better. When we make choices that affect where/how we end up for eternity, it's not about how God wants to treat us, but about our choice to reject Him for something else in this life.

Muhaba
10-23-2012, 06:05 PM
God is the Supreme Ruler. Whoever disobeys His commands, He punishes them. And it is fully His right to do so. Additionally He is the most Just, so He does not do any injustice.

God is Merciful but He Himself has said that on the Day of Judgment His Mercy is only for the Believers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!