/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reciting Allah name Al-maniu

peaceandlove
09-22-2012, 07:31 AM
I am facing some extreme problems in my marriage life, I had read that recitig the name

Al-Mani
The Hinderer
Those who recite Ya Maniu will attain peace and harmony in their married life.

Soruce: [link removed]
Will attaing peace in his married life. So I just want to know Can i just recite it any time, as many time as I can without any specific numbers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-22-2012, 01:34 PM
:salamext:

Dear brother, for any deed that we do to be accepted by Allaah (swt), it must fulfil two conditions. (1) The intention for doing it must be solely for Allaah (swt), and (2) it must be in accordance with the Sunnah of our Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam. When you come across any such advice as what you wrote in your post, you must check whether there is any basis for doing that in the Shariah. Look at the practice of the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam, and his Companions, and follow their example in all matters. Our Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wasallam, taught us many du'as and many ways of seeking Allaah's (swt) help, and so the best thing we can do is follow his teachings as closely as possible and not turn to any means that he did not inform us of.

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

Restricting the mention of Allaah to a definite number has two cases:

1- If specifying a definite number is reported from the Prophet

like saying Subhaanah Allaah, Al-hamdu Lillaah and Allaahu Akbar, thirty three times each after the obligatory prayer; in this case one should follow the number which is specified.

2- Specifying the mention of Allaah with a number which is not reported from the Prophet

; in this case fixing a number on a regular basis becomes a religious innovation.

Therefore, if the specified number which your friend told you is Islamicly determined, then you may act upon it, otherwise you should not restrict yourself to this.
Moreover, it should be noted that specifying a given mention of Allaah or a saying a given Name of Allaah before supplicating Allaah is a matter which requires religious evidence for it to be permissible.

What is religiously confirmed is that a Muslim should start his supplication by glorifying Allaah without limiting this to a given Name, exalting the mention of the Prophet

and then one should supplicate for his needs.

For more benefit on silent mention of Allaah, please refer to Fatwa 90985.
Allaah Knows best.
Regarding the link you posted, please do not use this website for any information. There is clear shirk written on that website, where they describe people like Abdul Qadir Al-Jilani as 'Ghaus-ul-Azam' and have several pictures of graves and shrines. As Muslims, we only turn to Allaah (swt) alone for all our help and needs, and it is forbidden to turn to any human being for things which only Allaah (swt) has control over. Going to graves to seek help from the dead is also expressly forbidden. That is why you should avoid such websites completely as their teachings clearly go against the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Turn to Allaah (swt) for all your problems you are facing. Here are some links regarding etiquettes of making du'a which I hope you will find helpful Insha'Allaah. May Allaah (swt) rectify all your problems and bless you with a happy marital life that is full of obedience to Allaah (swt), Aameen.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/5113
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/36902
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=28845
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...ang=E&Id=88296
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=173763

peaceandlove
09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Thank for your advice.

Once question what i understand from your post is that we cannot determine the number of any recite unless its proved, I am not sure about the authencity of site, i never visit any other section of site nor i got to graves to seek help.

So , I can just recite the name any number of time any time. My only concern is that its not bad or harmful (spiritually).

Also, please pray for me to give hidayat to my wife and make his heart soft for me , so I can live with my wife and small child (whom i love too much) peacefully and good.

Muhammad
09-23-2012, 12:22 PM
:salamext:

I personally don't know of any teaching about reciting a particular Name of Allaah (swt) on its own. I would advise you to make plenty of du'a to Allaah (swt), using any of His beautiful Names and Attributes, especially those du'as that can be found in the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

It is enjoined upon us to call upon Allah by His names when we beseech Him in prayer. Each one of His names is rich in meaning, each telling us something more about Allah. Each is suitable for any of our various supplications.

However, there is a habit that some people have of assigning certain of Allah's names to beseeching specific needs or to asking Allah to cure particular illnesses. This practice is unfounded. The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not prescribe the use of specific names for specific needs.

We as Muslims should refrain from becoming formulistic in our supplications without any scriptural basis for doing so, but we should rather supplicate sincerely from our hearts, calling upon Allah with the names that come to mind for what we are asking for.

There are certain supplications that we find in the Prophet's example that he offered on particular occasions. These supplications naturally include mention of Allah's names.

For example, the Prophet taught us to say in times of distress [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5870) and Sahîh Muslim (4909)]:
There is no God but Allah, the Mighty, the Gentle. There is no God but Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne. There is no God but Allah, Lord of the Heavens and Lord of the Earth and Lord of the Noble Throne.
http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-267-3201.htm

With regard to the Most Beautiful Names of Allaah, the way to use these in worship is to call upon Allaah by these Names, as He says (interpretation of the meaning), “And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them…” [al-A’raaf 7:180]. Merely reciting them in certain combinations is not a prescribed form of worship. And Allaah knows best.
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/3927

Examples of some du'as:

رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

"Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the Muttaqun
[Surah Furqan: 74]

Some du'as for distress:
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=35
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=40
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=34

Seek out the special times like the time between adhan and Iqamah, the last hour on Friday, the last part of the night, whilst travelling or sick, etc. and make as much du'a as you can. Have a look at the links in my previous post for more about good etiquettes for making du'a.

In terms of spiritual harm, turning to Allaah (swt) with sincerity, du'a and humility can only result in goodness upon goodness. It will ward off evil and harm.

May Allaah (swt) guide you and your family, Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Al-Isra [17:110]

قُلِ ادْعُواْ اللّهَ أَوِ ادْعُواْ الرَّحْمَـنَ أَيًّا مَّا تَدْعُواْ فَلَهُ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى وَلاَ تَجْهَرْ بِصَلاَتِكَ وَلاَ تُخَافِتْ بِهَا وَابْتَغِ بَيْنَ ذَلِكَ سَبِيلاً
Quli odAAoo Allaha awi odAAoo alrrahmana ayyan ma tadAAoo falahu alasmao alhusna wala tajhar bisalatika wala tukhafit biha waibtaghi bayna thalika sabeelan
17:110 Say: "Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between."

we're asked to call on Allah swt by his MOST BEAUTIFUL NAMES!

:w:

Insaanah
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove
I am facing some extreme problems in my marriage life, I had read that recitig the name

Al-Mani
The Hinderer
Those who recite Ya Maniu will attain peace and harmony in their married life.
Soruce: [link removed]
Will attaing peace in his married life. So I just want to know Can i just recite it any time, as many time as I can without any specific numbers.
Names which could be construed as having a negative meaning, cannot be used on their own, without mentioning their opposite, so you should not use the name Yaa Maani'u on it's own:

Because describing Allaah as causing harm may imply some kind of imperfection, the scholars stated that this should not be mentioned unless it is accompanied by a statement that He also the bringer of benefit, may He be glorified and exalted. So one should say al-Daarr al-Naafi’, just as it is also said al-Qaabid al-Baasit (the Withholder the Bestower) and al-‘Afuw al-Muntaqim (the Forgiving the Vengeful).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Some of His names may be used alone or in conjunction with others. This applies to most of His names, such as al-Qadeer (the All-Powerful), al-Samee’ (the All-hearing), al-Baseer (the All-Seeing), al-‘Azeez (the Almighty), and al-Hakeem the most Wise). One may call upon him with these names alone or in conjunction with others. So you may say: Yaa ‘Azeez, Yaa Haleem, Yaa Ghafoor, Yaa Raheem. Each name may be used on its own. Similarly when praising Him and speaking of Him, they may be used alone or together.

And there are some which may not be used alone, rather they must be used with others that carry an opposite meaning, such as al-Maani’, al-Darr and al-Muntaqim. It is not permissible to use these alone without their opposite meanings. They should be used in conjunction with the names al-Mu’ti, al-Naafi’ and al-‘Afuw. So He is al-Mu’ti al-Maani’ (the Giver, the Withholder), al-Daarr al-Naafi’ (the Causer of harm the Bringer of benefit), al-Muntaqim al-‘Afuw (the Vengeful the Forgiving), al-Mu’izz al-Mudhill (the Honourer the Abaser), because perfection lies in each of these names being accompanied by its opposite: giving and withholding, benefiting and harming, forgiving and wreaking vengeance. What is meant here is that Allaah alone is the Lord and has control over His creation. As for praising Him by mentioning withholding, vengeance and harm on their own, this is not right. These “twin” names are to be regarded as one name that cannot be separated. Hence they do not appear on their own and cannot be mentioned except in conjunction with their opposite. If you say: Yaa Mudhill, Yaa Daarr, Yaa Maani’ and you speak about that, you are not praising Him unless you also mention the opposite name. End quote from Badaa’i’ al-Fawaa’id (1/132)
Source: http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/84270/yaa

Among the names of Allaah there are some which cannot be used in isolation unless their opposite is also mentioned; if such a name is used on its own, it may give an impression of imperfection – exalted be Allaah far above that. These names include al-Mu’ti, al-Maani’ (the Giver, the Withholder); al-Daarr, al-Naafi’ (the One who harms, the One Who benefits); al-Qaabid, al-Baasit (the Constrictor, the Expander); al-Mu’izz, al-Mudhill (the Honourer, the Humiliator); al-Khaafid al-Raafi’ (the Abaser, the Exalter). Allaah cannot be called al-Maani’ (the Withholder), al-Daarr (the One who harms), al-Qaabid (the Constrictor), al-Mudhill (the Humiliator) and al-Khaafid (the Abaser) using these names on their own; rather they must be accompanied by their opposites, because they only appear as such (in pairs) in the Revelation.
Source: http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/20476

Use Allah's beautiful names to address Him when you ask Him in du'a. There are no magic solutions, like recite abc, xyz times.

May Allah rectify all your difficulties, ameen.

peaceandlove
09-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Well, what I understand from other message that I did not have to recite that name alone or by my own, some are quoting references that the site i use as reference is not good.

Please forget that site, I even read the same in book of very famous scholars in Pakistan, In Pakistan you can easily find such books and the scholars are totally good and not belong to any wrong movement, If somebody is there from Pakistan I think he had gone through such books. and in such books they had clearly written that if you recite that name and call Allah with that particular name then you will get such and such.

I will try to get the name of the book and will quote you for reference.

peaceandlove
09-24-2012, 08:18 AM
I think it better for me to get the reference of some authentic book of some religious scholar rather quoting from sites as any body can write any thing even against islam in their website, let me try to get the book reference and will quote it for you people

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!