/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 33-Male from UK with few questions

muslimstudent
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Salam all brothers and sisters.

I am 33 Male, Muslim from UK.

Just joined this group as I have few questions.

Regards and Salam

MuslimStudent

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
09-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Salaam,

Fire those questions!

muslimstudent
09-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Quran says God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars. While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe. Please explain this. Regards

aamirsaab
09-22-2012, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimstudent
Quran says God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars. While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe. Please explain this. Regards

Could you please provide the ayat(s) this refers to?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-22-2012, 09:30 PM

Which science proves that?

Although the weight of the atmosphere is only about one millionth the weight of the earth, it does exert a force or pressure on the surface of the earth. (Flight Environment: The Atmosphere, Pressure and Forces, All Star Network, Source) The student edition of Encyclopedia Britannica states: The total mass of the atmosphere is estimated to be some 5.5 quadrillion (55 followed by 14 zeros) tons (4.99 quadrillion metric tons). This mass is equal to about one millionth of the mass of the Earth. Air is heaviest at sea level because the air molecules are compressed by the weight of overlying air.(Atmosphere, Encyclopedia Britannica Student Edition, Source)

Since the sun, stars, moon, etc. are in the sky and it is Allah's power and control that ensures that they don't fall upon us then there seems to be nothing wrong with what the verse is saying. When the Qur'an says that the sky won't fall on us it could well be referring to what is in the sky. It can't be read so literally. For instance, the Qur'an says:

Surah 12:82

"'Ask at the town where we have been and the caravan in which we returned, and (you will find) we are indeed telling the truth.'"

Now obviously if one takes this literally then he would reach the absurd conclusion that the Qur'an is ordering one to talk to a town and caravan. However, we know that the Qur'an is referring to the people in the town and caravan.

Thus, similarly the Qur'an could very well be referring to the objects in the sky and not the actual sky itself, which is not a physical object.

Similarly, 30:25 could be speaking about Allah holding firm the objects in the sky. It is emphasizing that the sky is obedient to Allah in that it remains the way it is above us.

جوري
09-22-2012, 09:36 PM
The above response is from the call to monotheism website.. obviously all the stuff that 'science' proves contrary is a concoction of orientalists circulating the web.

'Abd-al Latif
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
It would be nice if you didn't copy and paste answers from anti-Islamic websites, or even visit them – ever. They don't prove anything except for their members/creators possessing an exceptional amount of stupidity and ignorance. I find it amusing that the foolish and ignorant people are so cocksure of their ignorance. :hmm:

If the sky isn't physical, is it something abstract? I'm not an expert on the nature of physics but I can safely say that the sky has a concrete existence because for one: we can see it!

Secondly, whatever the sky is defined to be as, it does not prove or disapprove of what Allah has said about the sky having 'pillars' that uphold it.

The universe not having any foreseeable end has no relevance to the question at all. Unless you mean to say that we can fly through what we know as the sky above our heads, and still not come across anything that is concrete enough for us to 'feel' or 'touch' it, does not yet still in any way negate the verse at all.

We know that radio waves exist because they enable wireless technology to operate, but you can't touch it or see it or even feel it. After hearing this are you going to ask me, "science says x about radio waves in contrary to Islam so please explain"?

جوري
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd ask for the verses too if I felt sincerity in the query and didn't see it before on the answering islam site!

:w:

'Abd-al Latif
09-22-2012, 09:56 PM
:salamext:

I think the question is in reference to this ayah.

ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى رَفَعَ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ بِغَيۡرِ عَمَدٍ۬ تَرَوۡنَہَا*ۖ

Allah it is Who raised up the heavens without visible supports...(13:2)

GuestFellow
09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
It would be nice if you didn't copy and paste answers from anti-Islamic websites, or even visit them – ever. They don't prove anything except for their members/creators possessing an exceptional amount of stupidity and ignorance. I find it amusing that the foolish and ignorant people are so cocksure of their ignorance. :hmm:
:sl:

I think some Muslims visit those websites to see what kind of arguments exists against Islam. So when they meet non-Muslims who question Islam, they will be prepared. I mean that is why I used to visit those websites.

جوري
09-23-2012, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos

I think some Muslims visit those websites to see what kind of arguments exists against Islam. So when they meet non-Muslims who question Islam, they will be prepared. I mean that is why I used to visit those websites.
But they don't visit Islamic sites created to rebut those kinds of arguments?

aamirsaab
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I did some reading and apparently anti-islamics use 2 verse support the "argument". The main one being sura 22 verse 66. I've C+C'd the translation from here

Sura 22 verse 65 and 66:
Do you not see that He has subdued to you all that is in the earth and that He has subjected the boat to the law that she floats over the sea at His bidding, and He is supporting the sky in a way that it cannot fall down without His permission? The fact of the matter is that Allah is very Kind and Merciful to the people. He it is Who has given you life and causes your death, and He will again bring you to life; yet Man denies the Truth.

If the argument is implying God is LITERALLY holding the Sky, something that is physically intangible, then the argument is very flawed indeed. This is a misunderstanding on the reader's perspective (as per)

The other verse, sura 13 verse 2 (which has already been posted above), has no mention of the sky being physical either.

You simply cannot make the argument "While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe" based on either of the two verses since they don't suggest the sky/heavens have a physical presence in the first place. This is a prime example of a straw man argument.

GuestFellow
09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
But they don't visit Islamic sites created to rebut those kinds of arguments?

Some prefer to go to the direct source.

جوري
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Some prefer to go to the direct source.
That's just intellectual dishonesty, especially when seeking clarifications on a forum when actual sites are dedicated to rebutting that kind of nonsense.

Ramadhan
09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe.
which science? 19th century science?

Even 20th century (not to mention 21st century science) refutes that "sky is not anything physical". sky is physical.

What you call empty space is not empty at all.

The universe consists of around 74% dark energy, 22% dark matter, and 4% ordinary matter (yes, everything that we see and we detect is only 4%).
FYI, science up to now has no idea whatsoever what the dark energy and the dark matter is.

Without the dark energy and the dark matter, our universe would collapse unto itself (because of gravitational pull), and yes, that would mean "sky to fall on the earth".

GuestFellow
09-24-2012, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
That's just intellectual dishonesty, especially when seeking clarifications on a forum when actual sites are dedicated to rebutting that kind of nonsense.

:wa:

If that is what you think. I used to go to these anti-Islam websites/watch videos that are anti-Islamic and find all their arguments/views. In addition, I find out who created those websites and their supporters. This really helped me to refute them, along with supplements from clarification websites. By learning about the creators of those websites, you soon learn about their motives.

I would only do this if you have sufficient knowledge about Islam in the first place.

جوري
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
This really helped me to refute them, along with supplements from clarification websites.
The point is you did step A and step B. Not just A and then came to touche!

At any rate the OP has plenty of time if he's a seeker of knowledge to clarify his intentions. We're not calling a monopoly on his intent.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!