/* */

PDA

View Full Version : -| Please share incidents of Unexpected Death |-

IbnAbdulHakim
09-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Excerpt from Imam Ghazali's "Kitab Dhikr Al-Mawt wa-ma Ba'dahu" (Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife)

There exists no medicine which will induce one to contemplate death with ones heart comparable to that of looking to those of one's peers and companions who have passed away, and to the manner in which death came to them at a time they had never expected. At this time, the man who had made preparations has triumphed mightily but as for him who was beguiled by lengthy hopes, he has failed most manifestly.

The emissary of God (sallahi alaihi wasallaam) used whenever he perceived any heedlessness in his companions to call out to them in a loud voice, saying,

Your destiny has come to you, inevitable and inexorable, either with grief or with happiness.

Please, remind us of death now so we may reflect.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I have been a witness to three or four fatal car crashes and one motorcycle accident on the road, one just a couple of weekends ago.. the person went through the windshield died on impact .. it was horrific and of course many expected deaths and those are hard to but at least you've time to process those..
The first it is like you're watching a movie you just don't get what just happened sob7an Allah.. you can be eating or arguing with someone and boom!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-23-2012, 05:40 PM
^ jizaakAllaah khair, i need these stories to reflect on.

I will post some of my own inshaAllaah when I think of them.

Ali_008
09-23-2012, 06:20 PM
:sl:

I have seen quite a few sudden deaths, although I can't say I've been an eye-witness to any of them. The one that came as most shocking was that of my step-uncle. He was my mom's step-brother. It seems he was riding a two-wheeler and his wife was giving him company. He was talking to her most of the way and at one moment he started acting dizzy and bending forward. His wife got scared and kept asking him if he's alright. After a while he fell plain unconscious. Don't know if he stopped and went unconscious or it happened while the vehicle was still in motion. At last, when they took him to the hospital he was declared dead.

Another very recent incident that happened last week was of a family friend. He visited my aunt's house at night and the next evening he reported of chest pain. When they took him to the hospital, within the next couple of hours, he was declared dead. Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raaji'oon

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
When I was 8 years old I had been rudely awakened during my slumber by my brother. After rubbing my eyes he proceeded to tell me that my Grandmother (my fathers mother) had just passed away. I couldnt believe it, I thought he was making a really bad tasteless joke. Later on I found my family gatherd in the living room. It turns out my grandmother sat to eat rice... and death visited..

Reminds me of the hadith where the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said he never ever eats a morsel thinking he will swallow it before death overtakes him...

Ramadan90
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you for this thread brother! Sometimes we really need to remind ourselves of death. And what Imam-Ghazali said is so true, wow. You never think about death until someone close to you dies or you witness someone die. Subhanallah. I really shoock by reading that. :(

Bint-e-Adam
09-24-2012, 09:02 AM
i witnessed an accident yesterday.
i was returning home on bike with my father from my university.
a huge metro was coming before us.
there was also another bike going after us with a bit left to us. a father and a daughter was also riding on it returning from college.
as a wagon overtake and that bike slipped on the main road.
the Huge metro bus was coming before so it passed away over the man and his daughter smashing them in two pieces.
it all happened in less than a second. no one there could understand for a while that what happened?
the man and his daughter died at the spot.
death has to come. what ever or whoever is the man.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2012, 04:00 PM
^ may Allah reward you for sharing that. May Allah grant jannatul firdaus to the deceased muslims mentioned above.

Abdul-Raouf
09-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I am from an IT work environment...... one of my Assitant Manager and lead was in a call with the client.. till late night.. and after the call the manager had sent the MoM to the team...and both had gone home late.... the next morning we got the news that the AM is no more.. he had died of a heart attack that night at home...he was around 30-35yrs.

.... It was a kind of a shocking news for everyone in our project....whenever we passed by his cubicle.. we remembered...

Bint-e-Adam
09-26-2012, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ may Allah reward you for sharing that. May Allah grant jannatul firdaus to the deceased muslims mentioned above.
Ameen sum Ameen
really death do not ever inform abt her arrival or time.
MAy Allah save all Muslims from calamities and such type of accidents.ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!