/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when...

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Since all of us are humans and i'll be the first to admit serious weakness, im sure most of us feel the attacks/pangs of fitnah/dunya quite regularly. My imaan goes down most when I am at work since I have to travel a lot during work.

What do you do when you get that serious waswasa, when your nafs starts attacking you.

whats your method of maintaining your imaan, your taqwa, your resolution to not commit sin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
09-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Hmm I listen to the quran or different lectures they Srsly boost up the Iman level Buh I feel really scared if I do sumfin wrong n I keep remembering it the whole day n go crazy. U know wht Tahajjud!! It helps alot I've started praying it n it's just amazing m sure it'll make u feel better.Wen Eva u feel like ur Iman levels gng down just stay connected with the quran I guess thts the only thing tht'll make u feel better or talk to ppl who u think r better than u in deen tht cn help alot too.

IslamicRevival
09-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Visit the graveyard; witness a burial and keep a mental image of the 6 foot deep grave and its surroundings in your head. Whenever the satanic arrow of Shaytan hits you...remember the image you stored and your heart will weep, keeping you away from Fitnah InshAllah. (May Allah have mercy on the souls of the believers, Ameen)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
jazakAllah khair, my deepest gratitude for reading and answering.

but my question meant what do you do AT THE EXACT INSTANCE you feel the fitnah/'waswas/temptation arising inside like a raging bull about to rob you of your control?

or am I the only one so weak as to feel this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KDhieb
09-25-2012, 06:14 PM
you are certainly not the only one to feel this "weakness"! we are human at the end of the day..
unfortunately i am trying to figure out the answer to what to do in that instant as well.. but just had to mention that.

~Zaria~
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Insha Allah, you may find the following of use:

1. Seek refuge from shayataan: “A’oozu billahi minash shaytaanir rajeem.” - repeat this frequently.

“And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaytaan then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All Knower.”
(Surah Al-A’raf 7 : 200)

2.Immediately move away from the place/ people enticing you towards sin.

3. Remembering that Allah (subhanawataála) is watching, and imagining how DISPLEASED your RABB would be - the very one who is in control of every beat of your heart, to whom you owe your very existence.
Imagine how much sorrow and regret you will feel afterwards.

Imagine Allah Taa'la as your most beloved.
Can you imagine breaking the heart of your beloved?

So too, imagining how Allah (subhanawatála) - my MOST BELOVED of ALL - would feel watching my disobedience.

As soon as you find yourself even moving towards a sin - saying to yourself: 'My Allah is watching me. My Allah is watching me.
I cannot go against the One to whom I owe my Life.'

4. Remembering death immediately.
Imagining that Allah Taa'la can take your life away - right at that moment, whilst you may be engaged in an evil deed.
And that you would be brought back on the day of Qiyamat - in the exact manner of your death.

5. Imagining that IF death were to find you now, how embarrassed and ashamed your family would be to find you in such a situation.
No matter how much good you may have done during your life, this is all that will linger in the memories of your loved ones.

6. Remembering the ayats from the Quraan that mention the reward of Jannah, in return for your obedience to Allah:

“BUT AS FOR HIM WHO FEARED (IN THIS WORLD) TO STAND BEFORE HIS LORD (IN THE HEREAFTER) AND RESTRAINED HIMSELF FROM (UNLAWFUL INDULGENCE IN) LUST, LO! JANNAT WILL BE HIS HOME.”
[SURAH AN-NAAZI’AAT 79 : 40/41]

And remembering that no matter how tempting something may be appearing at this point in time.......nothing in this dunya is worth losing the pleasure of Jannah, and enduring the punishment of Jahannum.

7. And finally, when you have been able to fight/ ward off the temptation to sin - imagining how pleased your Creator is with you.
How beloved you are to Him.
And experience the sweetness of this type of imaan - of the one that trys to resist, purely for the pleasure of Allah, as well as the sweetness of being stronger than Shaytaan.

EDIT:

8. Also: remembering that: '.....Allah will not change a condition of a people until they change what is in themselves' (13:11).
Which means that if we are expecting our lives to improve - then this would not be possible, until we submit in obedience to Allah, and fight our own desires.
If we cannot be bothered by the commands of our Rabb, then why would He be concerned in changing our condition?

:wa:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
^ jazakAllah khair but if possible perhaps people can post actualy experiences of feeling fitnah, doing something and feeling relieved by it.

sorry if im asking too much

glo
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but my question meant what do you do AT THE EXACT INSTANCE you feel the fitnah/'waswas/temptation arising inside like a raging bull about to rob you of your control?
I am not a Muslim, so please bear that in mind when you read my answer.

I think the hardest thing is to recognise the temptation at the time when you are experiencing it! (Very often it is with hindsight - after the event - that we realise it ...)

If you know when you are being tempted, then you could use a verse from the Qu'ran or something else, which might be helpful to you, to repeat in your head. Anything to drown out the feeling you are trying to ignore.

I read a story recently, in which a man was trying to find his little daughter in a raging river. When he was asked afterwards how he had managed to deal with the doubts, feelings of hopelessness and negative thoughts, which flooded his mind, he simply said "Whenever a negative thought came into my head, I forced myself to think of something else".
I find that so powerful!!

The key is not to let negative thoughts/temptation/doubt get hold of your thinking.

We all have those moments - but what's important is to get rid of them before they take control.

It takes practice ... so keep practising. :)
Take some time to reflect at the end of the day: when have you done well? Why did it go well? What did you do differently?
When have you not done so well? What could you have done better?

Keep the faith! And never give up. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!