/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports

glo
09-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Children in Syria are subjected to "appalling" torture, imprisonment and abduction, and these atrocities should be better documented, a report by British charity Save the Children says.

[...]

Save the Children has documented numerous cases of abuse against children during Syria's 18 month conflict, which was sparked by unrest over the arrest and torture of children in the town of Deraa.

The children had written a well-known slogan of the popular uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt on a wall.
One 15-year-old told the charity he had cigarettes put out on him when he was imprisoned in what used to be his school.

Another described being given electric shocks and sharing a cell with decomposing bodies, while a third teenager, Wael, said he had seen a six-year-old die after being tortured and starved.

The 16 year-old told the report's authors: "I watched him die. He only survived for three days and then he simply died."

"He was terrified all the time. They treated his body as though he was a dog."

Save the Children's report described the acts as "consistent, recurring and appalling".
:cry::cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19709041

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
User29123
09-25-2012, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Maybe it is bad, but lets not forget about the bombs America rains each day in Iraq and Afghanistan, must scare the living sh** out of children, same with Israel tears of Gaza shows everything..even worse..

glo
10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Maybe it is bad, but lets not forget about the bombs America rains each day in Iraq and Afghanistan, must scare the living sh** out of children, same with Israel tears of Gaza shows everything..even worse..
Yes, that is shocking and terrible too.
But it doesn't lessen the trauma of the children in Syria ...

We should raise awareness and speak out against and fight against ALL injustice and terror in the world, never cease doing so and never give up hope that the future can be better!

sister herb
10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Salam alaykum

I created before Teddy Bear campaing to Gaza. For kids there who lost all they toys and some members of family at war 2008 - 2009. Maybe kind of campaing might help also kids in Syria. I have friends in Turkey whose can bring teddies to there but they risk they life every times they go over border.

:exhausted

Before I have sended medicines to Syrians...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!