/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relatively New Muslin Girl

XxLindsayxX
09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi I have converted to Islam about 3 months ago and am finding it hard to find any groups in South Wales area (Pontypridd, Cardiff) that would help me find women like me to be able to ask questions and to generally meet people like myself. I wondered if anyone knew of any local groups or meet ups for Muslimahs? If you can help at all with suggestions and so forth it would be really helpful! Thank-You! :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Salam alaykum dear sister

welcome to forum.

Hulk
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Assalamualaikum.. welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam. I'm sorry sis I'm not from the area so I can't really help you there. Are you currently a "lone muslimah"? Have you tried searching for classes on Islam? There might be muslimahs there.

XxLindsayxX
09-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Wa alaykum Salaam, Indeed i am what you call a 'lone muslimah'. I found religion through an old friend who is from Libya and found strength in what I heard and read the problem i'm facing now is finding other muslimah's in the area. There doesn't seem to be any sort of meet up groups for women in my area and I'm not sure about the Mosque within the City (Cardiff) whether they would do some sort of groups? I'm also finding it hard to find facts out although I do my Salah and read the Quran I can't seem to find normal every day things that would benefit me. I heard recently about not using nail polish because it makes your wudu invalid. Are there any other of these kind of things I should be aware of? I apologise for my lack of knowledge in this area but I really have not had anyone to talk to about this subject. My family are accepting and so forth but obviously do not know anything about Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-27-2012, 10:46 PM
:welcome: aboard.. may All the lone Muslims unite and become a super power that's just & good..

:w:

Hulk
09-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Ah how wonderful :)

While you look for a proper medium to meet other muslimahs inreallife feel free to talk to the ones that are here! There are converts/bornies from different parts of the world and different races.

XxLindsayxX
09-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Wow that would be great so are there any tips anyone could give me? Things that would not be easily found in texts that might help?:statisfie

Hulk
09-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Hmm.. one simple one in general is to handle clean/pure things with your right hand and dirty/impure things with your left. When you sneeze, say alhamdulillah :statisfie

Cabdullahi
09-29-2012, 09:13 PM
The best advice i could give you is to not try and do a lot of thing all at once, otherwise you'll experience a burn-out.

Take baby steps.

~Zaria~
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Assalamu-alaikum and Welcome to IB!

Alhamdulillah, He has guided you to Islam.

May Allah (subhanwataa'la) make this journey easy for you and keep you on the straight path.
Ameen.

The following thread has many links for new muslims:

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...n-reverts.html

Insha Allah you will find these useful.

:wa:

XxLindsayxX
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice so far and the link as well :) I would obviously like to meet people in my area but also it would be nice to talk to people on here as well :) I have been pretty lucky that my friend (although a boy) has been able to answer some questions and his mother as well is in contact to answer any questions towards just muslimah situations, she does not practice Islam but has gone to Libya ( Which i will be doing in January with his family) and has also not been able to find any groups in my area. I was wondering whether or not to try and start my own group, im quite a confident person in general situations but this is new to me and I don't want people to not want to meet me because like i said i havent been a muslim for long.

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
MashhAllah welcome to our Deen as well as Our community :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!