/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Neat Ideas to from the Middle East

PurpleCup
09-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Last evening, I learned that in the Middle East when a woman with children loses her husband (dies) that the husbands brother is asked to and expected to marry the woman with the children so as to safeguard the children to grow up within the boundaries of Islam and to have a father figure. If the brother has already a wife, he is expected he will take her as a second, third or fourth wife to care for her and if the one brother has already four wives they will turn to the next brother. If he has not married and planned to marry another woman, he is expected to not marry the other woman and take his brother’s wife and children as his own children.

This is only if they have children. If there is no children the case is her family will take care of her. This is all with her consent, her willingness to be protected and safeguarded from the harsh realities of life. If she does not consent, they request that they can take care of her children for her and pay her a monthly support fee so she can support herself.

It amazes me after all these years I never knew or heard of this protection for the Muslim woman. She never has to struggle with her children in tow to try to find employment and she never has to feel the hardship of being a single parent in a harsh world. She never has to wonder how can she put food on the table when her income is meager, she never has to worry that her kids need clothing’s and she cannot afford to give them. She never has to wonder if her car will break down when she hears a rattle or her “check engine” light comes on. She never has to deal with mechanics that will rip her off. She never has to concern herself for the health and welfare of her children, growing up without a father figure or being influenced by the negatives of society. How perfect is this society which thinks of her and her children’s needs and how the brother in law sacrifices for his beloved brother who passed away.

I used to have “heroes” that any man who married a women with children were like my “hero.” My uncle married my Aunt and she had two boys. In my heart he was always kind of special. He took care of those boys like his own sons. And this was back in the 1950’s- 1960’s. I never told him but I always felt this way. Not that my Uncle should make it to the back burner, but this idea to safeguard the Muslim Mother is a pretty neat idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!