/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELLO everyon!

fronze
09-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone my name is franzz Valdiviezo,I am currently living in new york city,i am 23 years old half peruvian and spanish,and i am very interested in learning about the islam,and i would love to be part of this community,hope i can find the guide and help here.thank!! :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-30-2012, 12:41 AM
:welcome: aboard..enjoy your stay with us..

fronze
09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
thank you :statisfie

fronze
09-30-2012, 12:44 AM
can some one please guide me how can i turn to islam? what do i need to have? be? i am peruvian/spanish ,wishing to convert to islam,how long after will i be able to be an islamic person,i live in new york..some one please,thank you!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
09-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, i hope u will have a beneficial stay.

Have you gone for any Islamic classes??

fronze
09-30-2012, 12:53 AM
thank you so much for your help,well i really never have been near a muslim class or anything like that,i really dont work where to start. I am a bit intimidated maybe i get rejected or what their reaction will be towards me , i have so many questions yet nervous at the same time.

جوري
09-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Do you have questions or you're already done studying? or are you looking to study the religion? What made you interested in Islam etc.
tell us a bit about you so we know how to better help..

fronze
09-30-2012, 12:58 AM
I am looking to study the religion, what made me interested in this is that i studied wit ha few good muslims friends of mine,and i lived in a muslim cummunity for a while and really captivated my attention they live their life,how self centered in their life and in family they are,and how diciplined they are,it really called my attention ,i've done some research online,but its nothing compared to talk to someone who is already in that world and know exactly more things.

جوري
09-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Ok that's a good start.. can any of your friends take you to the mosque they frequent for lectures or to learn to pray just basic things? and to make shahada or do you need help with that?

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:01 AM
well i dont see them anymore,its been a while,so i basically need to be aligned to where to go,who to talk to there,what their reaction might be,what will happen,sorry i have so many question ,i am very interested.

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:04 AM
No, it is great I am glad you're asking.
There are two Islamic centers in NYC one on 11th st. and the other on 93. I think you need to go to the one on 93rd.. maybe you can convert in time for Eid, and celebrate Eid Al'Adha with us in shaa Allah

Hulk
09-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Mm you might want to do a little search to find nearby mosques in the area of newyork that you live in.

Aprender
09-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Bienvenido mi hermano.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:11 AM
what is Eid Al'Adha ,? how long will take me to convert to islam,can you provide me with the full address on 93rd road? who will talk to?what do you think their reaction might be?

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:12 AM
gracias aprender,hope i can find my path,,

Aprender
09-30-2012, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fronze
what do you think their reaction might be?
When I went to the mosque for the first time I thought the people were going to be angry with me because I didn't put on the head scarf. But when I walked in it was a very peaceful place and people were smiling at me. They didn't care that I wasn't wearing a scarf. No one was rude or mean to me at all and they were very helpful.

They gave me a copy of a translation of the Quran in English for me to read. I know there is a translation of the Quran in Spanish too. Maybe you can get both and read them.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
When I went to the mosque for the first time I thought the people were going to be angry with me because I didn't put on the head scarf. But when I walked in it was a very peaceful place and people were smiling at me. They didn't care that I wasn't wearing a scarf. No one was rude or mean to me at all and they were very helpful.

They gave me a copy of a translation of the Quran in English for me to read. I know there is a translation of the Quran in Spanish too. Maybe you can get both and read them.

i dont know if this is a allowed are you in new york? also how long does it take to convert to islam? what are the steps?

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:20 AM
what is Eid Al'Adha ,? how long will take me to convert to islam,can you provide me with the full address on 93rd road? who will talk to?what do you think their reaction might be?
Their reaction of course would be of joy, happiness and brotherhood. Eid Al'Adha is the festival of sacrifice, When God gave a sheep to Abraham (PBUH) after being tested. It also marks the start of pilgrimage, but if you're certain of your beliefs then there's no point delaying. I just thought there might be so so sooooooo many people to share in your joy.

here it is:

http://wikimapia.org/1185810/Islamic...ew-York-Mosque

Aprender
09-30-2012, 01:23 AM
i dont know if this is a allowed are you in new york? also how long does it take to convert to islam? what are the steps?
No, I am not in New York.

It takes a different amount of time to become a Muslim for different people. Some people become Muslims after 3 minutes of hearing about Islam and for some people it can take years of studying the religion before they make a decision.

To become a Muslim you have to sincerely say the shahada.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Their reaction of course would be of joy, happiness and brotherhood. Eid Al'Adha is the festival of sacrifice, When God gave a sheep to Abraham (PBUH) after being tested. It also marks the start of pilgrimage, but if you're certain of your beliefs then there's no point delaying. I just thought there might be so so sooooooo many people to share in your joy.

here it is:
will i need to ask for someone , i dont know maybe the person in charge,or someone in high command? what do i say? "I WANT TO BE MUSLIM"?? or what?

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:26 AM
you just call the number on that link and they'll hook you up :shade:

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
No, I am not in New York.

It takes a different amount of time to become a Muslim for different people. Some people become Muslims after 3 minutes of hearing about Islam and for some people it can take years of studying the religion before they make a decision.

To become a Muslim you have to sincerely say the shahada.
thank you sister.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:28 AM
you just call the number on that link and they'll hook you up :shade:
thank you so much i will call them now

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:29 AM
wow I am getting butterflies lol
al7mdullilah.. May Allah swt guide you aright..

peace

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:31 AM
wow I am getting butterflies lol
al7mdullilah.. May Allah swt guide you aright..

peace
thank you so much,also, is it possible to put my picture as my avatar?

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:32 AM
pictures of people aren't allowed I am afraid.. at any rate you can only choose from already available avatars until you've 50 posts then you're able to upload the non human faced avy of your choice.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:35 AM
pictures of people aren't allowed I am afraid.. at any rate you can only choose from already available avatars until you've 50 posts then you're able to upload the non human faced avy of your choice.
thank you so much,you've been so kind. hopefully soon i can be part of this.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:40 AM
thank you so much,you've been so kind. hopefully soon i can be part of this.
i ahve another question i am aware that a "prayer cap " is worn,will i need to wear that outside (i dont have a problem) or is optional if i wear that outside the mosque?

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=منوة الخيال;1543753]pictures of people aren't allowed I am afraid.. at any rate you can only choose from already available avatars until you've 50 posts then you're able to upload the non human faced avy of your choice.[/QUOTE

i ahve another question i am aware that a "prayer cap " is worn,will i need to wear that outside (i dont have a problem) or is optional if i wear that outside the mosque?

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:46 AM
It is optional.

fronze
09-30-2012, 01:54 AM
It is optional.
thank you ,you are so blessed.!

جوري
09-30-2012, 01:57 AM
May Allah swt bless you, make your intentions sincere and accept it from you.. I hope you'll find joy and brotherhood & steadfastness on your new chosen path..

peace

sister herb
09-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum fronze.

fronze
09-30-2012, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum fronze.
thank you so much sister

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!