/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Extreme/ Adventure Sports

~Zaria~
09-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Is there anyone who is involved in extreme/ adventure sports here?

What types of 'adventure' sports are permissible in Islam?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-30-2012, 02:08 PM
---

This kind of extreme? skip to 1.50

~Zaria~
09-30-2012, 02:25 PM
^ Thats scary!

I dont think I could ever jump of a plane/ bungee-jump, etc.

And as explained here, jumping of planes/ parachuting is not permissible islamically: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/138420

What about other 'extreme' sports'? e.g. white river rafting?

Here are more examples: http://www.extremesportsguide.co.za/

ardianto
09-30-2012, 02:29 PM
:sl:

How about motorsport?. I raced in many motocross racing event when I was teenager. I also drove in auto sprint rally, once.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yahia12
09-30-2012, 05:00 PM
---

Im not into extreme sports but I would like to give it a try. Extreme canoeing looks awesome. You guys should try this

Hulk
09-30-2012, 05:07 PM
I play russian roulette. kidding!
Naw at most I am an adventurous cyclist. "extreme" sports cost money you know.

~Zaria~
10-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Im thinking of quad-biking/ river rafting/ shark cage diving.....

Theres also something called 'Kitesurfing':

This looks cool! : D

Ive tried parasailing once, which was amazing - Alhamdulillah!
It looks like this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
"extreme" sports cost money you know.
Unfortunately, this is the problem.....which means that it can not be enjoyed often, unless you decide to invest in the required equipment for the sport - e.g a second-hand quad-bike, etc.

My other dilemma is that im now in niqaab......and i dont see other 'niqaabis' taking to the air/ water, lol! : (

Also, if jumping of planes/ parachuting is impermissible.....what about other sports (done for fun), but which also carries possible risks?

ardianto
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
^ Thats scary!

I dont think I could ever jump of a plane
My friend died in parachuting accident.

Around 1988, army held parachuting show in East Timor which was part of Indonesia in that time. They invited a group of civilian parachutists from a parachute club. Was friend was from this club.

They jumped over a beach in East Timor. But my friend's parachute did not open perfectly. He fell into water that very shallow and his life could not be saved.

That's happened around three years from the last time I meet him. He's few years older than me. When I often meet and gathered with him, he had not been a parachutist and seemed like did not have interest to parachuting, although his father who was famous journalist was know known as famous parachutist and founder of the oldest parachute club in Indonesia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!