View Full Version : Assalamu Alaikum

james090
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
My name is james and i wish to be part of this community

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
:wa:

:welcome: brother! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

sister herb
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello James

welcome to forum.

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
welcome brother. Hope u have a good stay here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-10-2014, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim;n104635
Assalamu Alaikum
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I was so familiar with sport competition when I was young. I was a competition swimmer when I was kid, and also ever raced in mini bicycle race (now it's BMX race) and soap box derby. I Started to race in motocross racing when I was 14 and active for 5 years until got accident and retired. I also race in auto sprint rally as variation. Mostly of competition which I participated were motocross/dirt track racing.

If you knew you would be taking part in a competitive sport soon how would you prepare to ensure sufficient energy and stamina?
For an athlete, training is part of the competition itself. I did regular training to make me ready for competition anytime. And prior to competition event I did preparation training to make me more ready.

How I prepared myself to ensure sufficient energy and stamina in a competition event?. With training!. I trained my stamina in regular training, and built my top condition in preparation training. I spent energy in training more than in the competition itself. When I was motocross racer I rode my motorcycles in training few times farther than total distance that I reached in the race event in one day. When I was swimmer I swam for hours in training with progressive speed only for race in sprint, 50 & 100 meter.

So, what I did to ensure sufficient energy and stamina was maintain my health to prevent me got health problem like flu or diarrhea that could disturb my performance.

I'm mostly interested in your timing (diary) and diet.
I did not eat special foods, just usual foods like other people eat. But prior to competition I avoid foods that could cause problem for health such as spicy food that could cause diarrhea, or food that could cause cough or cold.

Eating ordinary healthy foods actually is enough because not the special food or supplement that will make us have energy and stamina for competition, but training. Without sufficient training, whatever we eat to build energy and stamina, it will be useless.

ardianto
05-10-2014, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadan90;n1880615
A lot of raw fruits, vegetables and water( produce a lot of energy) + practice harder for many hours daily(depending on what kind of sport it is). The last 1-2 days I would rest. 1 day rest every week.
Purpose of preparation training is to build our top condition, physically and mentally. Mental readiness is very important if we want to compete in a competition. If we take a rest between preparation training and the competition day, it will make the top condition that we have built decreased again.

We must do preparation training until the last day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!