/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So it happened 1 hour and half ago!

fronze
09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
As salamu aleiykum BROTHERS AND SISTER.

Well as of yesterday i joined this site to find more information and be a bit more guided about islam, i got tons of information,and well today morning i called a mosque and i spoke to a man he was helpful so about 1 hour and half ago i went to the mosque ,i must say i was nervous,i steped in the office and there were about 5 seniors, then after a talked i did the Shahdah,after it was done it felt great!i have never felt that way before,they gave me the quran english version,praying sheets and position,a praying mat,and a praying hat( I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE EXACT NAME OF IT,CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS ONE?) they were very helpful i arrived home and showered i feel brand new :statisfiei will now start reading the quran ,i also have a question the " praying hat" do i need to wear it while i read the quran,or pray or while i go outside? i am asking because i seen muslim with their "hat" on on a regular basis. thank you so much..and it FEELS GREAT TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY AND RELIGION.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Congrats brother! I am truly happy for you to find the truth! =)

No brother, you dont need to wear the "muslim hat". It is not obligatory, but I would say that you should learn how to make wudu and how to pray(salah)(including what to say when you pray). You need to learn the obligatory knowledge and practices in Islam as soon as possible, but take your time though. Dont stress too much. Learn it well.

Hulk
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Wa alaykum salam

Welcome to Islam brother, it really feels nice to know I have a new brother in Islam.. Did the mosque have any classes to learn about Islam??

fronze
09-30-2012, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Wa alaykum salam

Welcome to Islam brother, it really feels nice to know I have a new brother in Islam.. Did the mosque have any classes to learn about Islam??
they actually do,i shall be "visitining"t them this week and they can teach me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
09-30-2012, 10:24 PM
That's great brother. I suggest you learn as much as you can from the classes! Personally I don't recommend visiting forums when you are very new to learning as forum discussions often involve a lot of issues and sometimes it can get very confusing. It's best to plant the foundations in knowledge first :)

MustafaMc
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fronze
after a talked i did the Shahdah,after it was done it felt great!
Allahu akbar (God is Great) Welcome to Islam and to the forum. I agree that a kufi (prayer hat) is not neccessary for prayer. I also advise you to take it 'slow and steady as you go' in learning about Islam and its practice. It can be quite overwhelming. Enjoy the enthusiasm and excitement of entering Islam, but know that this is a marathon and not a 100-yard dash.

Aprender
09-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Alhamdulillah!

I'm really happy for your brother Fronze. :)

Around here I've heard that Muslim "hat" referred to as a kufi.

fronze
09-30-2012, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Alhamdulillah!

I'm really happy for your brother Fronze. :)

Around here I've heard that Muslim "hat" referred to as a kufi.
thank you sister,also, can the kufi be worn on a daily basis?

جوري
09-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Oh my God.. ma shaa Allah, and Allah Akbar.. I feel amazing.. just yesterday you were speaking about this and today ma shaa Allah.. did you go to the one on 93rd like I recommended? :D

fronze
09-30-2012, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Allahu akbar (God is Great) Welcome to Islam and to the forum. I agree that a kufi (prayer hat) is not neccessary for prayer. I also advise you to take it 'slow and steady as you go' in learning about Islam and its practice. It can be quite overwhelming. Enjoy the enthusiasm and excitement of entering Islam, but know that this is a marathon and not a 100-yard dash.
will do brother,thank you so much!

fronze
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Oh my God.. ma shaa Allah, and Allah Akbar.. I feel amazing.. just yesterday you were speaking about this and today ma shaa Allah.. did you go to the one on 93rd like I recommended? :D
jiji i know sister,it feels great,i called and igot re directed to one closer to me,it was GREAT,!

جوري
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
al7mdullilah.. try to keep good company.. don't befriend bad Muslims or bad non-Muslims.. it can really affect your state of being and be toxic... and like Br. Hulk said go to classes and try to learn more from there than from forums.

fronze
09-30-2012, 10:59 PM
al7mdullilah.. try to keep good company.. don't befriend bad Muslims or bad non-Muslims.. it can really affect your state of being and be toxic... and like Br. Hulk said go to classes and try to learn more from there than from forums.
thank you i will defenetly will ALSO, MY MUSLIM NAME IS :: FARHAN MOHAMED

جوري
09-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I like that.. may Allah swt grant you farh always...
farhan means happy..:D
you don't have to change your name btw if you don't want to, but if it makes you feel closer then by all means..

fronze
09-30-2012, 11:05 PM
i like that.. May allah swt grant you farh always...
Farhan means happy..:d
you don't have to change your name btw if you don't want to, but if it makes you feel closer then by all means..
thank you they gave me that name,and i feel very comfortable ,also can i wear my kufi on a daily basis?

جوري
09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
If you want to, it isn't an injunction you know..

MustafaMc
09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fronze
thank you they gave me that name,and i feel very comfortable ,also can i wear my kufi on a daily basis?
There is nothing wrong with keeping one's name given at birth as long as it doen't have a bad meaning. I personally don't like someone having a 'Muslim' around Muslims and a regular name for everyone else. If you ever legally change your name, then I highly recommend keeping your family name. I legally changed my name to Mustafa in 2004 and kept my last name. You can wear a kufi whenever you want.

White Rose
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Masha Allah, very happy for you. :statisfie

fronze
10-01-2012, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ارجمند
Masha Allah, very happy for you. :statisfie
thank you sister,
As salamu aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!