/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salah Question

Bint-e-Adam
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
:sl:
I have heard that while praying Nmaz, if You close your eyes the namaz becomes Maqroo.
is it really true?
explain plz.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM
any one here???

Hulk
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I believe I have read something about it in the Reliance Of The Traveller, so let me just say that there might be differences of opinions but from what I remember you are supposed to keep your eyes open but if you concentrate better with your eyes closed then you it is ok.

Here's some info on it from Sunnipath

Walaikum assalam,

It is recommended to keep your eyes open in prayer, looking down towards your place of prostration while standing, your feet while bowing, your nose while prostrating, and between your thighs when sitting.

However, if you cannot maintain concentration, then it is not disliked to close your eyes. Some scholars held that one should still close your eyes, for it is the outward practice of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), while others argued that it would be BETTER to close one's eyes in such a case, for the inward practice of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), and the essence of the prayer, is attentiveness (khushu`) and presence of heart with Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
Faraz
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=954

Muslim Woman
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
:sl:

I also read similar kind of opinion .
If u think u can better concentrate with closed eyes , then it's allowed .

And Allah Knows Best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
are u sure that it is not supposed maqroo?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2012, 02:27 PM
assalamu alaikum

In the Hanafi book Badai its said that it is sunnah to look at the place of prostration, with closing eyes this sunnah will be abandoned.

In the Hanafi books Hilya and Bakhr its said closing eyes in prayer is Makruh Tanzihi.

The scholars are agreed that it is makrooh[1] to close the eyes for no reason when praying.
a.. The author of al-Rawd stated that it is makrooh because this is what the Jews do. (al-Rawd al-Murabba', 1/95).
b.. The authors of Manaar al-Sabeel and al-Kaafi stated likewise, and added that it looks as if the person is asleep. (Manaar al-Sabeel, 1/66; al-Kaafi, 1/285).
c.. The author of al-Iqnaa' stated that it is makrooh unless there is a reason for doing so, such as fear of seeing something one should not be looking at whilst praying, such as seeing one's concubine or wife, or a non-mahram woman, naked. (al-Iqnaa', 1/127; al-Mughni, 2/30).
d.. The author of al-Mughni said likewise.
e.. The author of Tuhfat al-Mulook said that it is makrooh without discussing the ruling when there is a need to do it. (Tuhfat al-Mulook, 1/84).
f.. Al-Kaasaani said: it is makrooh because it goes against the Sunnah, which is to focus the gaze on the place of prostration, and because all of a person's faculties have a role to play in worship, including the eyes. (Badaa'i' al-Sanaa'i', 1/503).
g.. The author of Maraaqi al-Falaah stated that it is makrooh unless done for a purpose. He said, closing the eyes may be preferable to looking in some cases (Maraaqi al-Falaah, 1/343).
h.. Imaam al-'Izz ibn 'Abd al-Salaam said in his fatwas that it is permissible when necessary, if that helps the worshipper to focus more fully on his prayer.
i.. Ibn al-Qayyim said in Zaad al-Ma'aad that if a man can focus more fully on his prayer by opening his eyes, then it is better to do so. If he can focus more fully by closing his eyes because there are things that may distract him from his prayer, such as adornments and decorations, then it is not makrooh at all and the view that in this case it is mustahabb for him to close his eyes is closer to the aims and principles of sharee'ah than saying that it is makrooh. (Zaad al-Ma'aad, 1/283). "

Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 01:28 AM
oh thanx so much. now its cleared :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!