/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I demand my money? Will this Halal?

peaceandlove
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Actually, I work making website and other computer stuff for people.

Now, I think its happening me 2-3 time that I make an agreement with client, he told me that he need such and such kind of website and after making the website almost 80-90 percent , then the client say ,

once client said , her director is not ready to release the fund so he wont pay me, please remember at the time of agreement I never know there was some director (I think he was talking about his father or big brother) as the client show me as the owner. Even give me his visiting card that prove him as owner.

One other client said that her client does not want that work any more or not interested any more , before that he never told me that he is doing that work for some other client, I though the work was for him.

Now, I want to know I had done about 80-90% of the work and stop as did not expecting payment, so my question is in such cases can i demand my money from these clients (one totally rejected the payment from his behavior, other neither say yes or no till now) as i had work what we agree, if they are useless from them now what can i do?

Will this money be halal from me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
10-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Ask a scholar brother. I am sure you can demand some money back for the time and effort you put into it, but exactly how much, I don;t know. Only a scholar can answer that. Maybe you should take a deposit if not the full fee before you do any work again.

Muslim Woman
10-08-2012, 04:36 AM
:sl:

If they cancel the agreement , it's their fault .. I m sure it will be halal to send them a bill as u already spent ur time and energy for the work.

From now on , Don't start a work without written agreement and u must take some money as advanced payment

Riana17
10-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Salam

Yes they are correct, everything must be black and white before you start your work.
You can demand the payment based on your percentage of work done.

If despite of everything they dont pay you, I suggest cool it down and let it go and let it be a lesson for you.

There is nothing harram to get your rights, the harram goes to them who do not give your rights...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Futuwwa
10-14-2012, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam

Yes they are correct, everything must be black and white before you start your work.
You can demand the payment based on your percentage of work done.
An oral agreement is just as legally binding as a written one. The only difference is that an oral agreement is harder to prove in court.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!