/* */

PDA

View Full Version : guess by the picture

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Assalam o Alaikum friends.
Here i you have to post an image of a Holy place or interesting site/object and the next user will have to guess the place name and details about it.
Hope we will increase our knowledge about these Holy things and places around the world.

here we go:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 01:42 AM
no one here?

Scimitar
10-03-2012, 01:51 AM
that image is photoshopped.

It was in a competition on a photoshop website 0 the site is www.worth1000.com - you can check their archives for more info.

Sorry. Btw, If the image was for real, I'd say it was in Rabb ul Khalee, the empty quarter in Arabia...

You might find this interesting:

Scimi

Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 01:55 AM
cant see that video. but this picture is about the fossils of Qaum Aad . that has discovered recenlty

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 01:58 AM
where is this mosque and what is it s name?

PurpleCup
10-03-2012, 02:03 AM
The first picture is in Egypt. It is said that Egyptian people were very very tall so they could list the stones to the Pyramids and this is an excellent picture that shows this indeed! Thank for sharing!

PurpleCup
10-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Someone said it was photo shopped but I have seen similar real pictures.

Scimitar
10-03-2012, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
cant see that video. but this picture is about the fossils of Qaum Aad . that has discovered recenlty
It wasnt discovered recently - i investigated those pics last year and discovered they were all fake, sorry to say.

Here are other entries: http://www.worth1000.com/entries/493085/big-boy

they do the archaelogical entries competition every 6 months, and there are hundreds of entries. I seen the pic you posted, and it is a fake. I'm sorry but its true.

Scimi

Scimitar
10-03-2012, 02:11 AM
More proof it is a fake, here:

http://ceifan.org/giganti_ciclopi.htm

scroll to the bottom

In particular, as well told here , very popular on the internet is a hoax concerning the finding of giant skeletons that is accompanied by information seem to be very detailed and credible but they are built from scratch. The hoax was circulated on the internet in several versions, they see the excavations located from time to time in India, Saudi Arabia or South America. The news, in an attempt to appear more credible, with the phrase that the excavation is forbidden to all visitors except at National Geographic, and also has the inevitable photomontages that originated from the competitions from the site http://www.worth1000. com , especially the photo more present is this:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/18533/giants (the image, signed IronKite, competed in the "Archaeological Anomalies")
In 2007, the news of the existence of the giants was officially denied by National Geographic in an interesting article:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-skeleton.html
in that year the joke, which started in 2004, it enjoyed a revival and continued to bounce on the internet, forcing them to intervene.
The article also talks about the Indian Hindu Voice monthly, in March of that year had given much prominence the false event without checking the sources: the director P. Deivamuthu, interviewed by National Geographic, admitted his mistake.
I hate busting bubbles. Sorry...

what beats me is, it's not even a good fake. I think I should give this a go. I've already partook in some of worth1000's competitions, but the level of creative talent there is far superior to mine.

Scimi

Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
it is okay brother. we didnt know that it is fake, thanx for informing us :)
okay sisters and brothers plz continue the game :)
guess the last picture :)

ardianto
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
okay sisters and brothers plz continue the game :)
guess the last picture :)
:sl:

That's Hassan II mosque, Casablanca, Morocco

:)

Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
that's right :)
next one

attachmentphp?attachmentid5099&ampstc1 -

ardianto
10-03-2012, 01:48 PM
that's right :)
next one

When you visit Malaysia, don't forget to visit The Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah mosque in Shah Alam. :)

http://www.malaysiavacationguide.com/bluemosque.html

Bint-e-Adam
10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
mashAllah sister. u r right.
next one:

attachmentphp?attachmentid5108&ampstc1 -

ardianto
10-05-2012, 05:04 PM
mashAllah sister. u r right.
I am bro.
next one:

I guess, that is Masjid Qiblatain, Madinah. But the picture taken in angle that made its look like has only one dome.

This is the picture of Masjid Qiblatain which taken from different angle.

Bint-e-Adam
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
yups u r right akhee. :)
jazakAllah ul kair brother :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-06-2012, 09:06 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5122&ampstc1 -

Endymion
10-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Its the teeth of Muhammad SAW.Is that real??

Bint-e-Adam
10-08-2012, 01:49 AM
no its not the teeth :)

Innocent Soul
10-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Tell us. :heated: I think no one knows the answer. :hmm:

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
1. Copy the image's URL
2. Go to http://images.google.com
3. Click on the camera icon in the search field.
4. Paste the URL in the search bar and search by image.
5. Open any search result and Voila! you will have the answer. No need to guess. ;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-11-2012, 09:10 AM

Teeth of Prophet Sallalahu Alayhi wasallam.
http://mnizfahad.blogspot.com/2011/0...ammad-saw.html

I am such a kill joy! :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-11-2012, 09:14 AM
no its not the teeth :)
If you are about to say that it is a hair of Prophet Sallalahu Alayhi wasallam, then you are wrong, my sister. The hair is in another box...

sister herb
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

I am such a kill joy! :D
:hiding:

ardianto
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
1. Copy the image's URL
2. Go to http://images.google.com
3. Click on the camera icon in the search field.
4. Paste the URL in the search bar and search by image.
5. Open any search result and Voila! you will have the answer. No need to guess. ;D
I didn't cheat like that, bro. :hmm:

I could guess Hassan II mosque in Casablanca easily because it's appear on the mosques photos. Just read its name and location, then I write the answer.

Knowing the next mosques is The Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah mosque in Shah Alam was not so easy. But I got a clue from its blue tower. So I typed "blue tower mosque", and I got the information.

About Masjid Qiblatain. I started with "white mosque", then "mosque in ....", "masjid di ...". I found many many mosque pictures. However, there was no picture that really same of that mosque.

But I didn't give up. I noticed that picture carefully and I found an important thing, that mosque is smaller than many famous mosque in the world. I told myself, if sister seeking_hidayah chose this mosque as quiz, it's must be a historical mosque. So I typed "historical mosque" and "masjid bersejarah". And I found a mosque with design that close to mosque in the picture, Masjid Quba Madinah.

I began to thinking, is that picture of Masjid Quba which taken from specific angle that made it look like has only two minaret and one dome?. So I clicked one picture that brought me to a blog that written by an Indonesian brother. He wrote his experience when he went to Madinah, visited Masjid Quba and ...... Masjid Qiblatain! complete with pictures of those mosques!

So I was back to googling again with keyword "masjid qiblatain". And you know the result. Yes, that's Masjid Qiblatain.

:)

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I didn't cheat like that, bro.
Cheating is fun, uncle. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!