/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do the critics bother you?

جوري
10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
You see a perfectly peaceful & beautiful recitation on Youtube for example with 700 positive votes and all of a sudden 48 negatives, and horrible comments about Muslim women being W***** although I can't imagine in what way we're.. and of course the usual hurls of insults about the prophet etc.
Does it bug you, or do you just shrug your shoulder, not scroll down to the comments nor look at the ratings?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Does it bug you, or do you just shrug your shoulder, not scroll down to the comments nor look at the ratings?
No, it doesn't bother me. I know that they organize those attacks in the comments on YouTube and most of them are just mindlessly following the flock. If you challenge them in the right way some of them shut up but with most it's not worth it to waste the time and energy typing over the internet to someone who thinks he/she knows everything when they really know nothing.

جوري
10-02-2012, 11:22 PM
This has always been my favorite twlight zone episode:

really does feel like the devil is in our midst doesn't it? always loose and always creating havoc somewhere..

Aprender
10-03-2012, 12:10 AM
I remember The Twilight Zone. Used to watch re-runs of it when I was a kid...

The reason why it doesn't bother me now is because most of it isn't actually real criticism but just childish attempts to make people angry. When I was starting out learning about Islam some of it would make me pause sometimes but after reading more from Islamic sources you see the actual truth. Not the half of it. Most of what they say has been refuted already but they just keep throwing it out there. So I just ignore it and move along. All I see is history repeating itself and in this age we'll really get to see just how massive the amount of insults this war against Islam has generated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PurpleCup
10-03-2012, 01:06 AM
The attacks do not phase me as in regards to our religion because I feel they speak without full knowledge.

The one time I was bothered was when I was driving late at night with my husband in pain and I stopped wearily at a Motel 6 in Bakersfield, CA to be told there were no rooms available only to learn later that I was discriminated against based on I was Muslim! That was the first real discrimination I have ever been aware of in USA since I embraced Islam some 20 years ago. I had seen some gazing through their rear view mirror like I was a a circus act or some odd glances from hillbilly cafe in the middle of no where, but I never was outright denied service.

That lead me to feel really PO. I made ever effort to record where I was and later when I got home I called everyone who should matter about this incident. Someday I hope to drive through there again and see if that blondy boy is still there and catch it on tape. If I do I will be so happy. ;D

جوري
10-03-2012, 01:15 AM
There's really nothing worse than suffering an injustice and not feeling exonerated about it you know.. sob7an Allah.. May Allah swt raise you up in ranks for enduring this and especially with your husband sick..

truthseeker63
10-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Sometimes.

Innocent Soul
10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Sometimes I feel that they are so many who show their hateful thoughts on youtube that now I don't feel hurt. I think that they do all this to hurt us so why feed the trolls. Thats why I don't see the comments for most of the islamic lectures in youtube. I don't even feel like saying them to keep quite because we know what's the truth and if they say anything to you that doesn't mean its gonna change the reality.

جوري
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

Sometimes I feel that they are so many who show their hateful thoughts on youtube that now I don't feel hurt. I think that they do all this to hurt us so why feed the trolls. Thats why I don't see the comments for most of the islamic lectures in youtube. I don't even feel like saying them to keep quite because we know what's the truth and if they say anything to you that doesn't mean its gonna change the reality.

Anonymity does grant spineless mollusks a backbone so they say things they wouldn't dare in real life.. It is of psychological benefit.. between them and paid shills it is difficult to sort through who is genuine and who is plain disdainful especially when regular articles that you're meant to read in places like wikipedia are laden with misinformation.

Marina-Aisha
10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
as newbie muslim i have to say it does upset me,once i was watching this youtube video on islamic wedding dresses i said bout hw beautiful they are and someone like called me a perv which is stupid comment to make of course i just stated that im engaged i want a nice modest dress they shut up but my point is they dont care if its bout dress or some islamic lecture they just want get us wound up and they just want to get kicks out of us. they think its funny to put down us and our faith..so i tend to ignore but i have to say it does still upset me little..but i try to rise above it..

IbnAbdulHakim
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
not at all. whenever I read such things now i feel intense pity and fear.

I know to where we shall go, the grave, the questioning, the resurrection, the standing, questioning again... judgement... walking over hell... possibly falling...

these people... their pain has already started. the blindness of not being able to comprehend God, I pity them deeply sis.

aamirsaab
10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
99% of the time I just shrug it off because I have quite a healthy (and happy) social life outside of the internet. But the 1% really does a number on me and I get wound up by it. It's like, there's only so much vapid, stupidity my mind can take until it begins getting on my nerves. I'm never upset by the comments, more upset by the mentality and the changes in society that seem to encourage/foster this kind of behaviour.

You wouldn't think people would still be living in a state of sheer ignorance given they have the history of the world quite literally at their finger tips. Yet people still willingly let others think for them and are even willfully ignorant about a great many things.

I'm constantly surprised at the levels people stoop to (not just talking about religion here) although, I should probably know otherwise by now...

Darth Ultor
10-03-2012, 02:49 PM
You see a perfectly peaceful & beautiful recitation on Youtube for example with 700 positive votes and all of a sudden 48 negatives, and horrible comments about Muslim women being W***** although I can't imagine in what way we're.. and of course the usual hurls of insults about the prophet etc.

Big difference between a critic and a troll.

Ramadan90
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
No. Life is too short to waste my precious energy and time on haters. I dont have time for that.

PurpleCup
10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

Someone mentioned about the comment on Youtube and I feel that Youtube comments should be disabled for ALL Islamic videos because it just is not the place for any kind of resolution. I made a Youtube Video about this and then vowed never to allow comments on any of my own videos. I wish all Muslims would take heed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ims...hRABafiDzq6k8w

Hulk
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Big difference between a critic and a troll.
More often than not the "critics" are just people who barely know anything about Islam. I used to personally message these people to explain their misunderstanding and it is true that many of them are not trolls but rather grossly misinformed. That said, even if they are not trolls do you think that going to a video clip of a Quran recitation and making rude comments is proper etiquette? It's clearly not.

جوري
10-03-2012, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
not at all. whenever I read such things now i feel intense pity and fear.
One time I think it was in 2006~2007, I saw really painful comments to an Abu gharib prisoner who was stripped naked and dogs about attack him and it made break down.. I am usually good at combating those but I think it was the one time that i recall in recent times when I felt utterly defeated not on a personal level but as a Muslim!

Muezzin
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Internet trolls who actually mean what they type are not worth your attention, or anyone else's for that matter.

And they are a waste of genetic material, and a shame to their entire family.

Okay, maybe that's a little extreme. They might be great people with wonderful singing voices.

truthseeker63
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes and No.

M.I.A.
10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
ignore it and move on really.

the less of a voice you give them the less you will feel victimised.

you cant win the internet.

they dont want debate.

its just people trying to get attention.

but on the other hand i frequent an american instant message board that is overwhelmingly trollish in nature.

the posts turn from athiest and derogatory to religious and sensitive just as frequently as the wind changes direction.

...it seems they dont mind trolling all that are willing to be trolled.

Signor
10-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Life on Internet is Cool But Without Reality!

As For critics,you can see a massive differnce between a genuine critic and a hater.

Predator
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
More often than not the "critics" are just people who barely know anything about Islam. I used to personally message these people to explain their misunderstanding and it is true that many of them are not trolls but rather grossly misinformed. That said, even if they are not trolls do you think that going to a video clip of a Quran recitation and making rude comments is proper etiquette? It's clearly not.
Those foul mouthed zionists mouth pieces are making rude comments as they are afraid that if Islam spreads then they can no longer enjoy.They are paid zionist shills who are rampant in the media and in internet forums .

جوري
10-07-2012, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
Those foul mouthed zionists mouth pieces are making rude comments as they are afraid that if Islam spreads then they can no longer enjoy.They are paid zionist shills who are rampant in the media and in internet forums .
I found Arabic speaking paid shills on those Mursi vids I posted yesterday and I spent the entire night refuting the moron not that he had much to say anyway other than how proud he was of his Pharaonic culture and how Islam is anti this and anti that, anti science was the funniest since Mursi is the only one from all the previous holding office to actually hold a doctorate but at any rate most lies are easy to refute but too numerous to combat which makes one weary in the soul and in the mind. It becomes not worth it to combat what seems like an army of cockroachs which is exactly what they are in number and intellect!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!