/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Car racing haram?

Samiun
10-03-2012, 08:07 AM
:sl: what??

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=87042

Is this site reliable? If it's true what does it mean by exposing oneself to death and taking compensation from the race? Aren't we Muslims allowed to strive well in anything we do in this Dunya?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Risking your life (or the life of others) for "fun"

Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 08:47 AM
it is clear in islam that we should not harm ourselves or not even risk it. so how can we do any thing like it only for a risk or fun :hmm:

Rhubarb Tart
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
For the same reasons why boxing is haram.

But there are other alternatives, I don’t know what it is called it is not a car, it is similar and it is done in a safe place. My mind is blank, I have to come back to you lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Risking your life (or the life of others) for "fun"
Racing is like that, though the present is much SAFER than the past.

it is clear in islam that we should not harm ourselves or not even risk it. so how can we do any thing like it only for a risk or fun
Well racing for me is something like a hobby, but I would reconsider it to be a job too. It's not just about entertainment it's a sport and I love it. In qualifying sessions, the racers go to their outmost limit to get pole positions and they to work really hard on their fitness level everyday. The sound, the noise almost everything. New innovation that has help man-kind to improve safety of the car has also come from racing technology such as ABS, DRS and Traction Control just to name a few. Also, if racing is risking ones life, than so is rock climbing, mountain hiking, sky diving, base jumping and etc2

But there are other alternatives, I don’t know what it is called it is not a car, it is similar and it is done in a safe place. My mind is blank, I have to come back to you lol.
Did u mean the go-karts? :)

Scimitar
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I guess riding horses for fun is haraam too then. NO safety measures there eh? :D

ardianto
10-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I was not car racer although I raced once in auto sprint rally. But I was a motorcycle racer special for off road track which I have been racing in enough much race events.

Honestly, I feel safer to ride in a motocross racing event, than ride a motorcycle in normal speed on a road that full of motorized vehicle.

ardianto
10-03-2012, 05:02 PM

This is a driving simulator.

and this is remote control (RC) racing car.

If we put mini camera in RC car and connect it with driving simulator, then we would get safer and cheaper alternative of car racing.

crimsontide06
10-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Dale Earnhardt lost his life in a car race. Not sure if any of you know who that is, but that proves a point that it's senseless to put yourself in that kind of danger, for entertainment. Watching people go left for 300 laps though, is boring.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!