/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I help my best friend convert to Islam?

Eray
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm 15 and my friend is 16. My friend is Christian and he isn't that religious (he says to me that he believes in Jesus and that's how he will get into heaven). I want to slowly introduce him to Islam but he always says he will go to heaven because he believes in Jesus (as mentioned before). I try to explain that Jesus is apart of Islam, too but he doesn't really listen to that. So far I've only got him to hear me out about the signs of the day of judgement. I'm trying to explain to him that even in Christianity, just believing in Jesus won't be sufficient to let you into heaven because then what is the reason to follow the rest of the religion if all you need to do is believe in Jesus. He still has his ideas that the western society has put on us (i.e. terrorism) but he usually says that as a joke to me (still believing it's true). Please help me brothers and sisters to slowly introduce him to Islam. I tried Yahoo Answers but that was no help so I turned here for help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
How's his maturity level? He might not be at the same level intellectually as you're.. Someone who's convinced that he'll get to heaven because he believes in Jesus, doesn't strike me personally as having given much thought to the subject of theology at all...
You might just try to lead by example for now, especially the things he can observe like Friday prayers etc.

Hulk
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Just be a good muslim and InshaAllah he will want to learn more. I know someone who has two people in his life who converted to Islam, and a big part of it started out of curiosity.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-03-2012, 08:20 PM
hulk is right, who would accept our beloved rasoolullaah sallallahi alaihi wasallaam if he wasnt the perfection that he is :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eray
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
How's his maturity level? He might not be at the same level intellectually as you're.. Someone who's convinced that he'll get to heaven because he believes in Jesus, doesn't strike me personally as having given much thought to the subject of theology at all...
You might just try to lead by example for now, especially the things he can observe like Friday prayers etc.
He's very smart (usually A's) and me and him battle to get better marks. He isn't religious, in fact, I don't even know if he believes in heaven or hell. As for bringing him into Friday prayers, that's going to be hard but I'll give it a try.
Just be a good muslim and InshaAllah he will want to learn more. I know someone who has two people in his life who converted to Islam, and a big part of it started out of curiosity.
Hehe, actually I wasn't religious at all before, I became one (or reverted as I was studying Islam as a child and my family are muslim) out of curiosity after I went to a young peoples camp at the mosque and learned more about Islam. I liked the story, too ^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!