/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prepare your heart for Hajj

luvurcreator
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Ibrahim AS and Sarah were married for an extensive period of time but Allah SWT had not blessed them with any children.

Ibrahim AS being a Messenger of God wanted to leave his seed on earth who would continue his mission of spreading the message of God to humanity; but he was content with the decree of God and never complained. Sarah loved and respected her husband deeply and realized his wish.

Since Sarah couldn’t bear any children,
she offered her slave girl Hagar
to Ibrahim AS who was younger
and stronger so she could bear him children
Hagar conceived and gave birth to a boy named Ismail AS. Ibrahim AS was in his waning years; according to some reports he was in his eighties when Allah SWT blessed him with a child. Sarah’s emotions overcame her at this point and she felt a tugging of jealousy in her heart.

Her devotion to her husband and her attempt to sacrifice her love for him in order to fulfill his wish was so high in the eyes of Allah SWT that He ordered Ibrahim to take Hagar and Ismail to the barren land of Makkah and leave them there.

Try to imagine yourself in this situation...
Your only child, your hope for the future of Islam,
the one you got in your old age
and you can’t even keep him within your eyesight...

And not only that, you are to leave him
in a barren desert land where odds are that
he will not survive even a few days
Why does Allah SWT ask for this? Allah SWT has already given Ibrahim AS the honor of being Khaleelullah (intimate friend of Allah); and He SWT doesn’t want his intimate friend to develop attachment for anyone else in his heart.

Allah Swt wants to test the obedience of Ibrahim...
as it is only through passing the tests of Allah,
one is elevated in the spiritual realm
Allah SWT also wanted to protect Sarah from developing any jealousy as it is a disease that eats away faith and good deeds like fire eats away wood. Sarah had protected the message of Allah and His love in her heart and when the time came, Allah protected her heart...noora1.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Hagar was the king's daughter..
have you read this hadith?
Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Trade - 25th Shawwal 1433 (12th September 2012)

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "The Prophet Abraham
emigrated with Sarah and entered a village where there was a king or a
tyrant. (The king) was told that Abraham had entered (the village)
accompanied by a woman who was one of the most charming women. So, the king
sent for Abraham and asked, 'O Abraham! Who is this lady accompanying you?'
Abraham replied, 'She is my sister (i.e. in religion).' Then Abraham
returned to her and said, 'Do not contradict my statement, for I have
informed them that you are my sister. By Allah, there are no true believers
on this land except you and I.' Then Abraham sent her to the king. When the
king got to her, she got up and performed ablution, prayed and said, 'O
Allah! If I have believed in You and Your Apostle, and have saved my
private parts from everybody except my husband, then please do not let this
pagan overpower me.' On that the king fell in a mood of agitation and
started moving his legs. Seeing the condition of the king, Sarah said, 'O
Allah! If he should die, the people will say that I have killed him.' The
king regained his power, and proceeded towards her but she got up again and
performed ablution, prayed and said, 'O Allah! If I have believed in You
and Your Apostle and have kept my private parts safe from all except my
husband, then please do not let this pagan overpower me.' The king again
fell in a mood of agitation and started moving his legs. On seeing that
state of the king, Sarah said, 'O Allah! If he should die, the people will
say that I have killed him.' The king got either two or three attacks, and
after recovering from the last attack he said, 'By Allah! You have sent a
satan to me. Take her to Abraham and give her Hajar.' So she came back to
Abraham and said, 'Allah humiliated the pagan and gave us a slavegirl for
service.' "

Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 420

:w:

sajjad7006
10-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Me and My family are going for Umrah next year in Ramadan

luvurcreator
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
May Allah SWT accept you and your family. Amin

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
luvurcreator
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't know that. Thank you

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
i so wanna go!!! neva been there pray for me.

luvurcreator
10-18-2012, 11:22 PM
May Allah accept you and fulfill your wishes. However, don't be sad if you do not get to perform your hajj as soon as you'd like to. The house of Allah SWT is very special and the host of this house sends out the special invitation to visit His palace. Many people have the means but can't go for some reason, so if Allah SWT does not invite a believer no matter what one can't go. You can get the reward for performing hajj in many ways too. Don't be dishearten and sit still. Try to please Allah SWT with your actions. Please read below and you will be happy to know that Allah SWT is so mericful. He gives us so many chances and ways to earn good deeds.

Example Of Generosity

Abdullah Ibn Mubarak was a wealthy Taba’ee (follower of the companions) who was known for his generosity. Every year at the time of Hajj, he used to equip a large caravan for Hajj and distribute all his money in the way of Allah to the point that after Hajj he had nothing left. Why would he do that? To get the ultimate benefit from this journey and to devote all he had for the sake of Allah SWT.

Once Abdullah Ibn Mubarak headed out with his caravan to Hajj and on the way he saw a woman collecting a dead bird from the side of the road and walking away. His curiosity was intrigued and he followed the woman and inquired about her actions. She said that she was going to cook it to feed her hungry children. He was shocked and asked her if she didn’t know of the prohibition of eating dead animals? She in turn asked him if he was not aware of the permissibility of it for those who are at the brink of starvation.

He was so moved by her ordeal that he gave all his Hajj money to this lady and went back to his house and locked himself indoors. He forbade his family to inquire the reason of his return and to tell anyone that he had come back, as he wanted to keep his deed purely for Allah.

He stayed indoors until the season of Hajj passed entirely and caravans started to return from Makkah. He began to go outdoors and started meeting the returning pilgrims who would thank him for his assistance that he provided them in Makkah, Medina, or other places that they had visited. He was shocked; he returned to his room and started crying to Allah SWT asking Him to explain what was going on.

Abdullah Ibn Mubarak saw RasulAllah SAW in his dream who gave him the good news that Allah was so pleased with his action towards this woman that He created an angel in the form and look of Abdullah to do the Hajj on his behalf along with the good deeds that Abdullah regularly used to do. He SAW went on to inform Abdullah that Allah had rewarded him for ten Hajj and had accepted the hajj of all others because of him. All because Abdullah had helped a needy woman!

RasulAllah SAW said: "Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother.” (Muslim)

Hajj is supposed to remind us of the needs of Muslim ummah either financial or spiritual, and to discuss these matters and return to our respective places of residence with the intention to fulfill these needs. During the early days of Islam, scholars used to have a designated meeting place during hajj where they would regularly meet to discuss the affairs of the ummah and pool their resources to come to common understanding and goals.....

Continue....noora1.com

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i so wanna go!!! neva been there pray for me.

hafizamir
04-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Mash Allah please prayer for me and for all Muslim.

Zaynab Academy
08-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Jazaakillah

Huzzy_786
08-24-2013, 08:38 PM
For those that need a practical guide try attend this programme...

rehan125
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
InshaAllah i will go to umrah soon after Hajj

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!