/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness and Success

Superman
10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, basically, i, like most people have committed sins in the past (not minor ones alhamdullilah). And everytime i commit a sin, i feel a sense of unease and saddeness that i've gone against Allah's Will, especially during times of study and exam stress where i feel that Allah may not accept my Tawbah and help me in my education.

What can i do to make Allah the alimighty proud of me all the time?
I just want him to be happy with my actions so that i can succeed in my education and in my life :statisfie
Help ?

Thanks Guys
Off to save the world haha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
10-07-2012, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Superman
Well, basically, i, like most people have committed sins in the past (not minor ones alhamdullilah). And everytime i commit a sin, i feel a sense of unease and saddeness that i've gone against Allah's Will, especially during times of study and exam stress where i feel that Allah may not accept my Tawbah and help me in my education.

What can i do to make Allah the almighty proud of me all the time?
I just want him to be happy with my actions so that i can succeed in my education and in my life :statisfie
Help ?

Thanks Guys
Off to save the world haha
Welcome to the forum Brother. First of all, always greet muslims with 'assalamu alaykum', as we are not obliged to answer the one who doesn't give salam.

To earn Allah's pleasure, the first thing we start with is avoiding the major thing which angers Allah and is an unforgivable if the person dies upon it is shirk. In some parts of the world people falsely believe that praying to saints/pious people who have died is acceptable. This is wrong and the worst of sins. Allah is Wahdahu la shreeka la hu - Allah is Alone and has no partners. This is the first test of belief in Allah.

Next we must obey Him and His Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam).

Say, "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger..." Quran 24:54

We understand that obeying Allah and Rasulullah (saw) increases reward and blessings. But doing good deeds means giving up bad ones at the same time. If we make extra ibadah and do endless good deeds, but then backbite, lie and deceive, Allah subhan wa ta'ala will never be pleased with us. So avoiding all the things that causes Allah to be angry and displeased with us have to be avoided. And as we are human and sometimes slip, we should seek Allah's forgiveness immediately. So merciful is Allah that when the believing slave sins, He orders His angels not to record that sin for six hours lest His servant repents. Subhan Allah!

Being patient in hardships is also highly rewarding and draws a slave close to Allah. Making dua to Allah and having hope in His mercy is a sign of iman. Be patient in the duas.

Rasulullah (SAW) once said "Don't be impatient in your duas." When asked what it meant to be impatient in dua, he (saw) replied, "When you make dua and say, I have been making dua for such a such time but my dua went unanswered."

“O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.” (Qur’an, 2:153)

These are just small pointers. We won't truly know what is means to obey Allah and His Messenger (saw) until we follow the Quran and Sunnah of the Beloved Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam). The Quran and Hadith are our source of knowledge. Read, understand, and implement them in your life and slowly but surely you will attain Allah's pleasure - not because you want to succeed in something but because you love and fear Him and want to see His Beautiful Face and be in the company of Rasulullah (saw) in the Hereafter.

Superman
10-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Jazak Allau Kahiran Brother
Thanks for the Answer. I was abit suprised no-one answered for a while, THANK YOU !:statisfie

Snowflake
10-11-2012, 06:42 AM
You're welcome. All good is from Allah.

Qualities Allah loves in His slaves - From Al Quran

And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves." Quran 2:222

But yes, whoever fulfills his commitment and fears Allah - then indeed, Allah loves those who fear Him.[Quran 3:76]

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men; for Allah loves those who do the good things. Quran 3:134

And how many a prophet [fought and] with him fought many religious scholars. But they never lost assurance due to what afflicted them in the cause of Allah , nor did they weaken or submit. And Allah loves the steadfast. Quran [3:146]

And their words were not but that they said, "Our Lord, forgive us our sins and the excess [committed] in our affairs and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people."So Allah gave them the reward of this world and the good reward of the Here-After. And Allah loves the doers of good. Quran [3:147-148]

So by mercy from Allah , [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah. Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him]. Quran 3:159]

So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good. [Quran 5:13]

[They are] avid listeners to falsehood, devourers of [what is] unlawful. So if they come to you, [O Muhammad], judge between them or turn away from them. And if you turn away from them - never will they harm you at all. And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly. Quran [5:42]

There is not upon those who believe and do righteousness [any] blame concerning what they have eaten [in the past] if they [now] fear Allah and believe and do righteous deeds, and then fear Allah and believe, and then fear Allah and do good; and Allah loves the doers of good. [Quran 5:93]

Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term has ended. Indeed Allah loves the righteous (those who fear Him). [Quran 9:4]

How can there be for the polytheists a treaty in the sight of Allah and with His Messenger, except for those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So as long as they are upright toward you
be upright toward the. Indeed,
Allah loves the righteous (who fear Him). [Quran 9:7]

Do not stand [for prayer] within it - ever. A mosque founded on righteousness from the first day is more worthy for you to stand in. Within it are men who love to purify themselves; and
Allah loves those who purify themselves. Quran [9:108]

P.S. I am a sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!