/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abortion Ship Arriving In Morocco (Muslim Territory)

jellybeans
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Some background of the ship: Women on Waves (WoW) is a Dutch pro-choice non-profit organization created in 1999 by Dutch physician Rebecca Gomperts. When WoW visits a country, women make appointments, and are taken on board the ship. The ship then sails out to international waters (where Dutch laws are in effect on board the ship) to perform the medical abortions.

http://=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...From Wikipedia.

LATEST NEWS:
RABAT, Morocco (AP) — Moroccan authorities said Wednesday that a Dutch ship promoting legal abortions set to dock in Morocco is operating outside the law and could possibly be stopped before arriving at a northern Mediterranean port.
The Dutch ship, which promotes safe and legal abortions worldwide, was invited by a Moroccan women's group to raise awareness in the struggle to legalize abortions, which are not allowed in this conservative Muslim country. It is scheduled to arrive at the port of Smir on Thursday.
It would be the "Women on Waves" boat's first landfall in a Muslim country.
"We haven't been informed about the arrival of this boat and from a security standpoint. It's a boat we don't know or why it is coming, so I don't see what we can do," Minister of Interior Mohend Laenser told The Associated Press.
Minister of Education Lahcen Daoudi added that any boat coming to Morocco had to respect its laws. "The people charged with applying the law will apply it on everything to do with the boat," he said.
According to a statement by the organization, the ship can provide women with safe and legal abortions under Dutch law in international waters until the six-and-a-half week of pregnancy.
The organization said it had set up a hotline for Moroccan women to give information about abortion, including locally available pharmaceuticals that can be safely used to perform abortions at home.
"There are between 600 and 800 abortions a day in Morocco, that's an enormous amount," said Ibtissame Lachgar, a member of MALI (Alternative Movement for Individual Liberties), the group that invited the boat. "We want to legalize abortion, to condemn this law that destroys freedom, that we find criminal."
The Moroccan Health Ministry issued a statement that if the people on the boat were intending to perform operations, they would be in violation of the law. "The Ministry of Health ... was never informed of this event and has not authorized any party or doctor, not residing in Morocco, to carry out this medical procedure," it said.
Founded in 1999, the Women on Waves organization seeks to spread information about safe medical abortions through medication and has angered authorities in conservative Catholic countries, where abortion is also often frowned upon.
Women can be counseled or provided abortion medication on the ship outside the territorial waters of the countries outlawing the procedure.
The ship has carried out campaigns in Ireland, Poland and Spain. It was banned from entering Portugal's waters in 2004.

From Yahoo! News

As a Catholic, this is equally bad news for me :(

Please pray for these unborn babies.

Abortion kills a beating heart!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jellybeans
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't understand the mentality of this organisation. They are targeting religion more than anything else. I read in another article yesterday (If I find I will post it) that the organisation stated "It's not about religion, its about women's health".*

Ireland is a first-world country... but since it is one of 3 European countires that prohibit abortion (Ireland, Malta, Vatican City) it is targeted.

If they really wanted to do any good they good supply food parcels or something else that is desperately needed.

UPDATE:
*I found the articleI was looking for.

The organisation stated that "I understand that (the visit) is seen as a provocation by some religious groups. But this is about women's health. It has nothing to do with religion."

sister herb
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Salam alaykum

I pray as well for life of unborn baby and any woman she doesn´t need to give born to child by raping! Unfortunately countries like Morocco her family might kill her or leave her alone in cause of "honour" of family.

Not islamic at all.

:hmm:

Futuwwa
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
What they are doing is to directly help Moroccan citizens break the law, a blatant violation of Moroccan sovereignty and an assault on the authority of the state. An appropriate response is a torpedo in the hull.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cuezed
10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Morocco must harshly fight back these scum who are helping it's citizens break the law! Why do these kuffar strive to force their backward democracy on other countries?!

jellybeans
10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Ilhamdulilah! Warships are now blocking the abortion boat from reaching the port.

Abortion Boat Blocked From Entering Morocco Port, Harming Women

karimium
10-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Abortion within the first 40 days of conceptions is fine, because the soul is only given to the foetus around the 40 day mark.

The Muslims world is held back because of bad culture which people perceive to be Islam. But Islam does not condemn abortion during the first 40 days of conception. I think people who advocate a no abortion PERIOD needs to get a reality check. What if a girl was raped by her uncle and became pregnant. You telling me you should not be allowed to abort that foetus?

Family planning is an issue that neds to be addressed in many Muslim countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc. Morroco is not one of them though, maybe this is just hunch But I have a few Morrocan friends who have 2 other siblings max.

Muslim world needs to focus on development, too many offspring put pressure on the family and the makes it difficult to get out of poverty. Case in point small county of Bangladesh has 150M people, but Bangladesh has never won an Olympic medal because the infrastructure isn't there to develop the country and improve living standards. Because the countries priorities are focused on surval, infant mortality, and fighting illitracy.

Insaanah
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karimium
Abortion within the first 40 days of conceptions is fine, because the soul is only given to the foetus around the 40 day mark.

The Muslims world is held back because of bad culture which people perceive to be Islam. But Islam does not condemn abortion during the first 40 days of conception.
From the moment of conception, abortion is not allowed in Islam. This is the view of the overwhelming majority of Muslim scholars. Once the soul is breathed into the foetus, then this takes on even more seriousness than already. In certain severe specific situations, such as where the mother's life would be endangered, it can be permitted.

3 – With regard to their having abortions – the basic principle concerning abortion is that it is haraam and is not allowed from the moment of conception when it becomes a new being and is “placed in a place of safety” [cf. al-Mursalaat 77:21], i.e., the womb, even if this being is the result of a haraam relationship such as zina
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/13317

1) According to the majority of Muslim scholars, it is forbidden to induce an abortion during the first forty days of the fetus' life. Some scholars legalize such an action. But, the first opinion is the preponderant one, since this action constitutes a form of wiping out progeny.
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...Option=FatwaId

Abortion without a valid reason under Sharee`ah (Islamic law), regardless of the age of the fetus, is impermissible, since it is destruction of one’s offspring and a means of corruption on Earth. Furthermore, this abhorrent act is regarded as an unjust assault against a human being who is on his way out to this world to praise Allaah The Exalted and testify to His Oneness.
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=36389

The heinous act of intentionally killing one’s unborn child is akin to the crime of murder in the Sight of Allah Subhanah; abortion of an unborn child, absolutely regardless of whether one aborts a foetus which is a day old or in its ninth month of pregnancy, is absolutely forbidden, impermissible, an abomination and a grave sin in Islam.
http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/6537

With regards to stage (b) i.e. prior to the entry of the soul into the foetus (120 days), the ruling is that, even in this case it is unlawful (Haram) to abort the pregnancy.

The reason why abortion prior to the soul entering the body will not be permitted is that, although there may not be life in the foetus, but the foetus is considered to be part and parcel of the mother’s body as long as it remains in the womb. Thus, just as one’s very own life and also all the limbs and organs of the human body are trust given by the Almighty Creator, so too is the foetus also a trust given to the mother by Allah, and she will not have a right to abort it.
http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?t...nid=q-19031520

جوري
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
we need to focus on the Olympics sis haven't you heard? or are you suggesting that folks stop culling the rejects? we should do that in fact and lose so many of those prominent members whose mother should have rid of them first!

:w:

Ramadhan
10-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Family planning is an issue that neds to be addressed in many Muslim countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc. Morroco is not one of them though, maybe this is just hunch But I have a few Morrocan friends who have 2 other siblings max.
Child, I don't know about the situation in Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh and Morocco,
BUT you totally got it wrong about Indonesia.

In fact, Indonesia's family planning program was the best and most successful voluntary family planning program in the world (I'm not including China here as China's family planning programs was mandatory).
In 1994, then-president Suharto was awarded the United Nations' annual population award for his country's successful efforts in family planning. In the three decades of the program's existence, it has managed to lower Indonesia's birthrate from 5.6 to 2.8 children per couple and engage 55% of women to use contraceptives — numbers that stack up well even against developed nations. - Asiaweek, 2000

Yes, Indonesia has very large population, but we have always had very large population, and without Keluarga Berencana (the successful family planning program), we would have had 350 millions plus people by now.

Before the family planning program, Indonesia was criticized by western countries for producing too many children, but after the success of family planning prigram, in the late 90s, Indonesia was again criticized by western countries for forcing its citizens to join family planning programs.
So, you see the two-facedness by western 'democratic' countries here.

And child, if you don't know facts, please refrain yourself from stating it as a fact.

جوري
10-07-2012, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Egypt
The more the merrier in shaa Allah... the army that will be in ribaat illa youm ad'deen along with ahel ashaam. There's enough for everyone. Mubarak's has a few billions stolen from the blood sweat and tears of Egyptians, I think if he gave each individual a million he'd still have plenty left over and not have fully expiated his sins with them.. also 70% of Egypt is unused.. so this guy only speaks of his own personal convictions with no basis in reality!
Westerners are impotent they rent Indian wombs I don't if you've heard.. so obviously they speak out of hatred, disdain and envy!

karimium
10-08-2012, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ

The more the merrier in shaa Allah... the army that will be in ribaat illa youm ad'deen along with ahel ashaam. There's enough for everyone. Mubarak's has a few billions stolen from the blood sweat and tears of Egyptians, I think if he gave each individual a million he'd still have plenty left over and not have fully expiated his sins with them.. also 70% of Egypt is unused.. so this guy only speaks of his own personal convictions with no basis in reality!
Westerners are impotent they rent Indian wombs I don't if you've heard.. so obviously they speak out of hatred, disdain and envy!
Egypt population: 82,536,770
Israel population: 7,765,700

What makes you think that Egypts military superiority will come from a "more the merrier" approach to population control?

I know the kafirs keep harping on about "7th centrury" culture all the time. I don't want to sound like one. But when it comes to technology and development the ulema are holding back the Ummah in this space. They're applying 7th century situations to the modern world. During the time of the prophet infant mortality was high. You were lucky to live up to 40 years old. There was no infrastrcuture or healthcare so you relied on your children and grandchildren to look after you at old age. Elderly people became sick a lot, so needed attention from their offspring a lot.

The more the merrier approach to population has failed, and needs drastic rethink.

It's no good having 100,000 men with klashnikovs in the battle field when the enemy can use chemical weapons built in a lab that can wipe out all the 100,000 men with one shot. It's not the numbers, it's the technology and development that matters.

Too high a population can have an affect on a country's development too.

ardianto
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Family planning is an issue that neds to be addressed in many Muslim countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc.
"Two kids is enough, male or female, are same". This is the principle that I hold even before I have kid. This is why my kids are only two.

Yes, my family follow "keluarga berencana" (family planing).

جوري
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM

----

As for military might coming from more the merrier, well you only need to look to Vietnam and how it was going to be a serious defeat for the Americans had they not pulled out and threatened a nuclear response simply by the sheer number of people out against them & their admittance of defeat there despite their 'technology'!

Israel's 'might' comes from the American tax payers money, not from any science they'd exerted. And they are good at rating themselves as smart & powerful- certainly wasn't something that we legitimized for them as true..
This is what their off the tax payers machinery can do and this is what we can do with our sub par equipment but with enough resolve!

It also wasn't energy he ran out of per orator that made him return to base rather fuel.. and We did take down their $500 mil dollar bar Lev line with water.. or haven't you heard and if you've heard why don't you use your scruples?
As per Br. Ramadan referain from speaking out of ignorance, which is actually quite apparent in everything you write whether of history, science, militarism, understanding of geopolitics and socio-economics or even mixing up hygiene of Europeans vs. that of Muslims and its impact on infant mortality..
---

best,

CosmicPathos
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
----

Yes I mean it. I've spent time with few day old babies, and they are the best thing about humanity otherwise I was on my way to misanthropy.

Ramadhan
10-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Egypt population: 82,536,770
Israel population: 7,765,700

What makes you think that Egypts military superiority will come from a "more the merrier" approach to population control?

I know the kafirs keep harping on about "7th centrury" culture all the time. I don't want to sound like one. But when it comes to technology and development the ulema are holding back the Ummah in this space. They're applying 7th century situations to the modern world. During the time of the prophet infant mortality was high. You were lucky to live up to 40 years old. There was no infrastrcuture or healthcare so you relied on your children and grandchildren to look after you at old age. Elderly people became sick a lot, so needed attention from their offspring a lot.

The more the merrier approach to population has failed, and needs drastic rethink.

It's no good having 100,000 men with klashnikovs in the battle field when the enemy can use chemical weapons built in a lab that can wipe out all the 100,000 men with one shot. It's not the numbers, it's the technology and development that matters.

Then the problem is not population size, but the problem is actually corrupt, self-serving leaders/dictators who think nothing about the welfare of the people but their own wealth/ego/power.

A side note: I would have taken your opinion a lot more seriously had you not stated that Indonesia need to think about family planning.
lol.

جوري
10-08-2012, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

A side note: I would have taken your opinion a lot more seriously had you not stated that Indonesia need to think about family planning.
lol.
Hmmm - he conjectures of already recorded history, politics and religion - I think we are owed better company than this at any rate anyone who advocates killing or curbing on the population should be locked down on some estate and hunted down - do humanity the favor of starting with themselves.

karimium
10-09-2012, 02:39 AM

If over population is bugging you, why not start with yourself? You haven't contributed in any sensical manner by way of science, technology or religion and I hazard think of what sort of progeny you'd beget!

As for military might coming from more the merrier, well you only need to look to Vietnam and how it was going to be a serious defeat for the Americans had they not pulled out and threatened a nuclear response simply by the sheer number of people out against them & their admittance of defeat there despite their 'technology'!
America never faced "defeat", failure to win is not defeat. America lost 50,000+ soliders in the war, Vietnamese lost several millions, not exactly sure about the numbers. In the end Americans grew tired of the war and America never really stood to beenfit much for this. They were there just to prevent the communists from establishing a stronghold in Asia which would have caused a domino effect and spread onto other countries.

I really don't see how this relates to the Muslim world.

Israel's 'might' comes from the American tax payers money, not from any science they'd exerted. And they are good at rating themselves as smart & powerful- certainly wasn't something that we legitimized for them as true..
Well a big part of the development inside America is done by Jews and dual citizens of Israel as well. You need to understand the strength of the enemy not just ignore it and downplay it. that's when you get taken by surprise like the 6 day war and then you're left sitting on your ass thinking what just happened??

This is what their off the tax payers machinery can do and this is what we can do with our sub par equipment but with enough resolve!

***can't emebed video***
This is all well and good. But a country isn't developed based on individuals. you will find few of these pilots in Egypt today, in fact I don't even know what armaments Egypt has now except for the heavily retarded Abrams tanks that are given to Egypt by the Americans which are no threat to Israel. First tanks are useless without air cover. I beleive also the aiming and range of the tanks are reduced. Americans claim this is because "Egyptian military personelll do not have the same way of working" as US troops so the range has been reduced to make them easier to work.

But everyone knows they're set this way so they can never be used against Israel.

It also wasn't energy he ran out of per orator that made him return to base rather fuel.. and We did take down their $500 mil dollar bar Lev line with water.. or haven't you heard and if you've heard why don't you use your scruples?
Again, that's just one pilot. I laugh every time when Greeks talk about past glories like how they invented all the words and stuff. Yet they haven't done anything since the last 3000 years or however long it's been. past glories does nothing. Similarly a lot of religios brothers and sisters to about islamic spain, baghdad etc and how they were beacon of civilisation during the time. What they don't realise is that's why education and development was the main focus. it was never about making everyone Muslims and spending all you time memorising the Quran and having 10 children so you can then get them to memorise Quran. Islamic spain had a very diverse mix of Muslims, Christians and Jews. Over time the Christians and jews converted to Islam not because they were preached to day and night but because they saw the examples from Muslim society and their stark contrast to European monarchies.

جوري
10-09-2012, 10:58 AM

America never faced "defeat", failure to win is not defeat. America lost 50,000+ soliders in the war, Vietnamese lost several millions, not exactly sure about the numbers. In the end Americans grew tired of the war and America never really stood to beenfit much for this. They were there just to prevent the communists from establishing a stronghold in Asia which would have caused a domino effect and spread onto other countries.

The point of any war is to establish certain goals NO? Let me define those goals for you as per Vietnam and quote:
''If one weak nation fell
to communism, others
around it would
similarly topple
• America felt that a
stand had to be made in
Vietnam if the
surrounding nations
were to survive the
communist threat''

Did America establish its goal? The answer is an astounding NO- they're still commies :)
furthermore and let me quote '' Despite overwhelming
airpower, the US became
bogged down in a guerrilla
war. The Vietcong used
tunnels and booby traps to
launch surprise attacks. They
did not wear uniforms in
order to blend in with
civilians.''
http://greatneck.k12.ny.us/gnps/sms/...ts/Vietnam.pdf
And that's the actual reason for their withdrawal. They were in over their head as they're in over their head in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.. Afghanistan is known as the grave yard of empires by western admission and soon to be the final nail in America's coffin. America is there (like others before it not for the 'taliban' make no mistake but for the gas and pipe lines that routes through Afghanistan:
Afghanistan – A war for Gas and Oil Pipelines

Image – US army bases in Afghanistan

Image – Oil and Gas pipeline routes

And that's really all there's to it but for some reason you've skewed understanding of socio-economics and geopolitics if I can call what you write any form of understanding at all!
But to sum it up for you in easy digestable bits: If a country engages in a war and doesn't establish its goals then that war is LOST. As for the number of casualties. Well that should kill your theory that folks should be culled down for technology is more valued than human life!
It was indeed for their sheer number that others withdrew their forces. Life goes on and they don't become extinct and their ideology also remained!
As for how it relates or doesn't- I can only connect the dots for you for so long, as you're either unwilling or unable to understand draw comparisons or make contrasts!
Well a big part of the development inside America is done by Jews and dual citizens of Israel as well. You need to understand the strength of the enemy not just ignore it and downplay it. that's when you get taken by surprise like the 6 day war and then you're left sitting on your ass thinking what just happened??
---
. America is a melting pot, any institution has its fair share of Muslims, chinese, Indians etc. contributing to the advancement and technology which in the case of Muslims either ignored by their despots like the turd you think is a 'strong leader' for bombing his cities or their ideas are fostered or stolen by the U.S or executed all together- I have made an entire thread about it here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...stafa-mos.html

furthermore, one doesn't win every battle, It is about the big war and the big war isn't over yet and Allah swt has promised the righteous victory not the most technologically advanced!

As I have already stated with poorer equipments and while Zionists were boasting a 500 million dollar project sure to stultify the Egyptians and with the aid of their American poodle friends we ended up taking it down with water in a matter of days and our tanks surprised them

This is all well and good. But a country isn't developed based on individuals. you will find few of these pilots in Egypt today, in fact I don't even know what armaments Egypt has now except for the heavily retarded Abrams tanks that are given to Egypt by the Americans which are no threat to Israel. First tanks are useless without air cover. I believe also the aiming and range of the tanks are reduced. Americans claim this is because "Egyptian military personelll do not have the same way of working" as US troops so the range has been reduced to make them easier to work.

But everyone knows they're set this way so they can never be used against Israel.
Egypt has the largest military in the middle east and one of the best intelligence in the world it isn't about who validates whom it is about when push comes to shove who'll come up on top! Egypt's army are conscript of the people, while the Americans are effete and pathetic fighting for 'freedom fries' and 'democracy' we fight for Allah swt and it is Allah swt's promise that if we're righteous we'd win- do you ever open the Quran and browse?

249---------------------------How many a little company hath overcome a mighty host by Allah's leave! Allah is with the steadfast.

وَلَمَّا بَرَزُوا لِجَالُوتَ وَجُنُودِهِ قَالُوا رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ {250}
And when they went into the field against Goliath and his hosts they said: Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk.

فَهَزَمُوهُمْ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَقَتَلَ دَاوُودُ جَالُوتَ وَآتَاهُ اللَّهُ الْمُلْكَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَعَلَّمَهُ مِمَّا يَشَاءُ ۗ وَلَوْلَا دَفْعُ اللَّهِ النَّاسَ بَعْضَهُمْ بِبَعْضٍ لَفَسَدَتِ الْأَرْضُ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {251}
[2:251] So they routed them by Allah's leave and David slew Goliath; and Allah gave him the kingdom and wisdom, and taught him of that which He willeth. And if Allah had not repelled some men by others the earth would have been corrupted. But Allah is a Lord of Kindness to (His) creatures.

Have you any clue how well prepared the Muslim army was during Badr or Yarmuk or when they brought down thousand year old empires? The battle of zhu as'sawari when Muslims won a sea battle when they had no fleet whatsoever? They actually took down a navy fleet.. it is called wit and planning and understanding of the enemy psychology not culling and aborting! You're faithless and undereducated truly in every way!
Egyptians got rid of the Brits in places like port Said with no army help whatsoever, they killed a big general and the Queen's cousin by offering the fat turd a sandwich with a homemade bomb.. any idiot knows how to make a molotov cocktail- Not everyone is willing to die however or has enough courage to stand up for what is right if they believed in nothing to begin with, and have absolutely nothing to live or die for save a system that favors a one percent elite and desires death & destruction for the rest- not unlike your recommendations here!

Again, that's just one pilot. I laugh every time when Greeks talk about past glories like how they invented all the words and stuff. Yet they haven't done anything since the last 3000 years or however long it's been. past glories does nothing. Similarly a lot of religios brothers and sisters to about islamic spain, baghdad etc and how they were beacon of civilisation during the time. What they don't realise is that's why education and development was the main focus. it was never about making everyone Muslims and spending all you time memorising the Quran and having 10 children so you can then get them to memorise Quran. Islamic spain had a very diverse mix of Muslims, Christians and Jews. Over time the Christians and jews converted to Islam not because they were preached to day and night but because they saw the examples from Muslim society and their stark contrast to European monarchies.
Not one pilot, this is the type of training our pilots get with faulty equipments, also what has Israel crapping its pants isn't one pilot, rather the folks in tahrir square. It is when the common man picks up arms that you should be crapping your pants as there's nothing left to lose. Actually our strength now unlike before is held in our sheer number, you know the one you're advocating so badly to cull down. Empires come and empires go it is the cycle of life. Allah swt gives to people what they deserve, and when we have folks like you or despots like Bashar then this is apparently what we deserve so it does become in that case about individual effort and one man can and one man has changed the world before, even the weakest of men with stuttering problems like Moses (PBUH) has brought down mighty empires with faith and determination.
As for what tickles your funny bone well we're not amused. Keep it to yourself. You take no virtue from the past and look forward to nothing of the future, nothing that Allah swt promised or desires for mankind anyway which makes everything else you write irrelevant!

---
best,

Independent
10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
The point of any war is to establish certain goals NO? Let me define those goals for you as per Vietnam and quote:
• America felt that a
stand had to be made in
Vietnam if the
surrounding nations
were to survive the
communist threat''
---- Although South Vietnam fell, this turned out to be the high-water mark of Communist expansion. The reasons for this didn't just lie on the battlefield but the war certainly played a big part. So yes, it is certainly possible to achieve your objectives without necessarily winning the war.

The reverse also happens. You can win the war without achieving your objectives. For instance, the UK entered WW2 in defense of Poland. Not only was Poland swallowed up in the first fortnight, before the UK fired a shot in anger, but after the war it remained captive in Soviet hands. Yet the UK finished on the winning side.

جوري
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
--- Although South Vietnam fell, this turned out to be the high-water mark of Communist expansion. The reasons for this didn't just lie on the battlefield but the war certainly played a big part. So yes, it is certainly possible to achieve your objectives without necessarily winning the war.

The reverse also happens. You can win the war without achieving your objectives. For instance, the UK entered WW2 in defense of Poland. Not only was Poland swallowed up in the first fortnight, before the UK fired a shot in anger, but after the war it remained captive in Soviet hands. Yet the UK finished on the winning side.
---- Let's recap for you so you don't end up playing the victim card- Thread is about abortion ships arriving in the middle east, your predecessor buffoon seems to think it is a good idea for Muslims to abort and proclaims it isn't haram, and decides that overpopulation is the problem citing how technologically advanced the U.S and Israel is.
You've actually proved my point (thank you very much) with your
''possible to achieve your objectives without necessarily winning the war.''
In fact cements the idea that it isn't about technology and weaponry rather military prowess which the Vietnamese excelled at with their guerilla warfare.

Lastly, even though this topic is neither about Vietnam, or Poland (if you'd bother follow from the original premise) but what objective has the U.S achieved in Vietnam?

The Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) (Vietnamese: Đảng Cộng sản Việt Nam), formally established in 1930, is the governing party of the nation of Vietnam. It is today the only legal political party in that country. Describing itself as Marxist-Leninist, the CPV is the directing component of a broader group of organizations known as the Vietnamese Fatherland Front. In Vietnam, it is commonly referred to as "Đảng" (the Party) or "Đảng ta" (our Party).

you're too funny.. Again don't be bringing 'studies' from 1930 posing them as factual and injecting your own idea of what it means to win a war. ---
best,

سيف الله
10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Salaam

Overpopulation hmmm? Ive noticed its a obsession with certain type of western elites over the years. Maybe its a subconscious fear of being 'swamped' by outsiders. In certain western countries (eg. Denmark) they have trouble maintaining their own population levels.

If you really believe that then you don't understand what the the Vietnam war was about.

Aprender
10-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Completely different dynamic, I don't want to waste my time replying because I'll just get rebuttled with some other pointless analogy that doesn't relate to the discussion at all.
No it's not. Obviously you've never taken a military tactics or U.S. foreign policy class. The Vietnam War was fought in the exact same way as the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were fought. They didn't follow traditional war method with traditional armed forces pitted against traditional armed forces but rather a counter insurgency to defeat a political ideology that America thought would be damaging to its success and long-term goals across the globe. It's the same thing that's being applied here to the Middle East except this time it's not Communism. The U.S. wouldn't like for the Khalifah to return but is more interested in the democratization of the world and maintaining its place as a world power and the continuation of capitalist economics. It's a valid comparison.

It's like you quoted that out of a history text-book without any real analysis of the situation. This is what the late Walter Cronkite, had to say and he was the most trusted news man in America back then when real journalism was allowed:

The late Ed Bradley was also a very very good journalist who did some reporting on the Vietnam War and this is what he had to say:

America was defeated and it was time to leave Vietnam. Failure is a synonym of defeat. The same thing is happening now in Afghanistan.

Muhammad
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
:salamext:

A number of posts or comments that contained personal insults or were otherwise off-topic have been removed. Please remember to discuss the issue in a decent manner otherwise the thread will end up closed.

karimium
10-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Too many of my posts are getting deleted. I have no t insulted anyone, if mods feel like I insulted someone, then please pm me with the sentences you think were insulting, or just delete the insults.

My entire posts are being deleted, including the post there which you just quoted.

You think America lost the war, I think nobody won during the vietnam war, the amaericans failed to win - that does not mean they lost. If you look at who was economically worse off, it';s the vietnamese. Vietnam cost the USA very little in power and influence around the world. Sure they lost 50,000 men, but that's not a huge loss compared to the vietnamese.

In any case whether the US won or lost, and vice versa for vietnam. It's utterly pointless.

Let me paint a hypothetical picyure to you. If the USA attacks Egpyt, and occupies it for 15 years, and completely destroys the infrastructure. Then there is a rebellion which forces the USA out of Egypt. Would you say Egpyt won the war? Clearly from what you said that would be a resounding yes.

But what if Egpyt was far worse off economically, the country is disunited and there are provicnces seeking idependance. Infrastature, schools, hospitals and destryed. Internal aid does not come in - so the countrey cannot develop itsellf. Illiteracy is higher than it was before the way. Now, would you say Egpyt has won the war?

this is ultimately what it comes down to. Not all wars have winners and losers, there are sometimes losers on both sides, and there are some cases where neither side wins.

IMO Vietnam war = vietnam lost as it obliterated their infrastructure and economy, and Americans lost a lot of soldiers and failed to win. But in the grand scheme of things they never lost the war, the war was against communism and they eventually ended up winning.

format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
No it's not. Obviously you've never taken a military tactics or U.S. foreign policy class. The Vietnam War was fought in the exact same way as the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were fought. They didn't follow traditional war method with traditional armed forces pitted against traditional armed forces but rather a counter insurgency to defeat a political ideology that America thought would be damaging to its success and long-term goals across the globe. It's the same thing that's being applied here to the Middle East except this time it's not Communism. The U.S. wouldn't like for the Khalifah to return but is more interested in the democratization of the world and maintaining its place as a world power and the continuation of capitalist economics. It's a valid comparison.

It's like you quoted that out of a history text-book without any real analysis of the situation. This is what the late Walter Cronkite, had to say and he was the most trusted news man in America back then when real journalism was allowed:

The late Ed Bradley was also a very very good journalist who did some reporting on the Vietnam War and this is what he had to say:

America was defeated and it was time to leave Vietnam. Failure is a synonym of defeat. The same thing is happening now in Afghanistan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!