/* */

PDA

View Full Version : WhatsApp

peace_maker
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I was planning to get WhatsApp for my phone. But, I read a few comments on the internet that were not very favourable. It said something like its always hooked to the network and drains the battery very quickly. I thought it'd be nice if I get a few words from those who actually have experienced it.

So, how safe is WhatsApp?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cuezed
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I've been using whatsapp on a number of Android phones for a while and had not noticed it using up too much battery.

peace_maker
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Is cuezed the only one using Whatsapp? ^o)

Come on, guys, I need help here. :ermm:

~Zaria~
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I wish I could help, but Im socially clueless......: (

Most of my friends are on Blackberry Messenger or WhatsApp......while Im still using SMS's : (

Im no longer on Facebook.....so Ive lost touch with many people because of this as well.

Which often is a good thing......as social media can be very addictive (unless you have the right intentions before joining, and ensuring that you dont get sucked into the haraam.....).

With regards to battery life, I guess it depends what phone you have and your usage.
I havent heard of any problems specific to whatsapp.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM
whatsapp is very good because its pretty much free txting and it hasnt drained my battery at all.

I use Google Nexus S at the moment

It doesnt affect battery life unless your phone is really weird

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I use Whatsapp on Galaxy Nexus. Galaxy Nexus is believed to have a poor battery response but using Whatsapp doesn't drain bettery life. And almost every messaging app, hooks itself to the network, Talk, Yahoo messenger, whatsapp, nimbuzz, fring...you name it.

Ghazalah
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
WhatsApp ftw! :D

nairu
10-10-2012, 09:08 PM
:sl:

i didn't notice any difference on my phone it's a useful app, but i have to say ionly use when i'm home and online via w-lan. galaxy s2

Riana17
10-11-2012, 06:55 AM
whatsup is better than viber :D
its pretty good ukhtee, i see no difference on battery consumption

Yallah get it :P

Scimitar
10-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Whatsapp is so good, it can wash your car for you, and take care of your taxes at the same time *nods head*

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-11-2012, 07:02 AM
^ I will buy the subscription from the second year onwards if it can do my dishes...:hmm:

Scimitar
10-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I hear they're making a v2 of it, here are the features they have leaked on the net:

* can leave phone at home and still receive messages via new MIND COMM install
* brushes your teeth for you while you sleep
* bakes bread and keeps your toes warm in winter
* does dishes once a day
* does remote synch of adhaan in your locality
* can hack CIA database and let you know if you are being "tracked" - need to upgrade to paid for version
* reads your mind after MIND COMM device has been successfully installed and running for 3 weeks, no need to post in forums, will make posts for you
* takes care of your grandmother's neighbours cat
* doesn't complain

I'm starting to think, do I really need to get married? :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-11-2012, 07:13 AM
^ Who needs a wife when you can have Whatsapp! :D

peace_maker
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Okay, so after working my brains, I finally decided to download it until something else came up. Whats app is not free?! I mean its available for free on the internet but does it charge for the messages? Any website I went to says that its free for the first year, what does that mean?

islamica
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
sister it's free for the first year, after that they say $0.99/yr. there's probably some way around it also. There are also chat apps out there, like kik, that are free.

Periwinkle18
01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
I use whtsapp and viber on my galaxy S2

so far its okay :)

Periwinkle18
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
I mean its available for free on the internet but does it charge for the messages?
sis its free fro now i've been using it since june 2012

YoungMuslim16
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
i've got to say, you have to get whatsapp. once you do you'll realise mostly everyone on your contacts list has it, you'll become much more closer to them. as for me ive had literally no problems with it whatsoever,except it used to freeze on my old htc wildfire. but now i have a galaxy s3 and its amazing. android user free first year then 65p a year after that. i phone is one off 69p

Ali_008
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
:sl:

I use whatsapp, pretty cool app. :shade:
Free sending of texts, images, and videos. You have block feature as well to avoid unnecessary contacts.
Free for the first year, after that it charges you $0.99/yr. Also charges you the network cost for using the internet, if you're not on wifi.

The battery problem is with most Samsung Android phones. The battery sucks, but you can't blame it. They've stuffed so much awesomeness in their little phones that it even overwhelms the batteries.

specs
01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Its not that bad (: sometimes it can be annoying like messages not coming through until later on but pretty good thou :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!