/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please recommend for me the best islamic youtube?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Is there at the moment any video streaming sites where they put only islamic videos on and do not filter by manhaj?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Tubeislam?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
jazakAllah khair for replying but that one is heavily biased.

Snowflake
10-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Wa iyyak. What's wrong with it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I do not find material that maintains strong ties with the concept of madhaahibs and spiritual cleansing of the soul.

Instead I find material which gives short bursts of imaan and knowledge which is extremely difficult to practise without the constant dhikr which the soul thirsts after.

sister herb
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Here was few weeks ago discussion about (google and) youtube. There are some:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ott-pls-2.html

Snowflake
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I do not find material that maintains strong ties with the concept of madhaahibs and spiritual cleansing of the soul.

Instead I find material which gives short bursts of imaan and knowledge which is extremely difficult to practise without the constant dhikr which the soul thirsts after.
Personally I find books more useful for that purpose and recommend Ibn Al Qayyim Al Jawziyah's (rahimahullah) book - The Bitter Consequences of Sin - a very spiritually awakening book masha Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Personally I find books more useful for that purpose and recommend Ibn Al Qayyim Al Jawziyah's (rahimahullah) book - The Bitter Consequences of Sin - a very spiritually awakening book masha Allah.
Indeed a brilliant book. Ibn Qayyim and Ibn Kathir have amazing works which contain many narratives of predecessors who struggled to purify their nafs.

If you like works such as that, I recommend the works of Imam Ghazali, Hujjat ul Islam ! translations are available by Muhtar Holland, Brilliant translations at that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!