/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malala Yousafzai: 14-year-old Pakistani activist shot

glo
10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Gunmen have wounded a 14-year-old rights activist who has campaigned for girls' education in the Swat Valley in north-west Pakistan.

Malala Yousafzai was attacked on her way home from school in Mingora, the region's main town.

[...]

Malala Yousafzai was just 11 when she was writing her diary, two years after the Taliban took over the Swat Valley, and ordered girls' schools to close.

In the diary, which she kept for the BBC's Urdu service under a pen name, she exposed the suffering caused by the militants as they ruled.
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Update:

Surgeons have removed a bullet from the head of a 14-year-old girl, a day after she was shot by Taliban gunmen in north-western Pakistan's Swat Valley.
I pray that Malala makes a full recovery. Head injuries can be very unpredictable ...

جوري
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
yeah I saw this bit of news yesterday.. I enjoy those perfectly timed attacks by the taliban..
did we get a statement from the taliban or just the BBC and the brave girl?

best,

sister herb
10-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Real believers don´t attack against children. May Allah helps her to recover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Other source: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...927180385.html

glo
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
The first article I posted said this:
A Pakistani Taliban spokesman told the BBC they carried out the attack.

Ehsanullah Ehsan told BBC Urdu that they attacked her because she was anti-Taliban and secular, adding that she would not be spared.
I have to say that I have not looked for other sources. If I have time, I will.

Endymion
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
There is nothing like Taliban trust me.If you want to know the real story of Taliban,you need to watch the interviews taken during the peace march of Imran Khan.Malala and all effecties like that are targeted through a policy.There is no Taliban nor they kill innocent people.

glo
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
There is nothing like Taliban trust me.If you want to know the real story of Taliban,you need to watch the interviews taken during the peace march of Imran Khan.Malala and all effecties like that are targeted through a policy.There is no Taliban nor they kill innocent people.
Why would the police shoot Malala?

Are you saying that the Taliban does not exist at all and is just an invention of the media or other people? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Would love to see this interview you mentioned, if you have a link.

جوري
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Are you saying that the Taliban does not exist
It means we'd like to see the Taliban release a statement over the incident not just take the usual op-ed ergo BBC and co.

best,

Masuma
10-10-2012, 05:34 PM
It deeply grieved me to read about her. May Allah protect her!

Speaking to Dawn.com’s correspondent Zahir Shah Sherazi from an undisclosed location, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said that the TTP accepts responsibility of the attack as Malala was propagating anti-Taliban and ‘secular’ thoughts among the youth of the area.
http://dawn.com/2012/10/09/malala-yo...l-van-in-swat/

جوري
10-10-2012, 05:39 PM
This is pakistan's taliban not Afghanistan!

sister herb
10-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I think nobody has wrote about Afghanistan´s Taliban but all the time only Pakistan´s in this thread. I don´t know which one exist and which doesn´t.

Anyway; may Allah helps this girl.

Masuma
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
YA ALLAH!
I don't know. As a nation I find the people of Pak really confused. Whether TTP exists or not, if yes then for what purposes and why would it go against the teachings of ISLAM, if that is what it stood for?!

Al-Quran: Chapter 5, Verse 32

"...If anyone takes the life of an innocent―unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land― it would be as if he killed the whole humanity: and if anyone saved a life of an innocent it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of humanity..."
The pigs who attack innocent children and women are no different than those American Zionists who bombard innocent people with drones. I hate both! Both are worst in the eyes of Islam no matter what they call themselves!

I also raised a point that someone else might be claiming responsibility in Taliban's stead but people argued that if that would have been the case, the Tehreek-e-Taliban PAKISTAN would have negated it in their formal statement. But they didn't! And that is the source given above.

Some say that Tehreek-e-Taliban PAKISTAN (TTP) is actually black water. Others say that no, such attacks are done by CIA/Raw etc. I don't know what to believe in...!

yeah I saw this bit of news yesterday.. I enjoy those perfectly timed attacks by the taliban..

best,
This I was wondering too. Some people say it is all a political game to distract the concentration away from the "drone attacks" issue.

Masuma
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
This is pakistan's taliban not Afghanistan!
Yes!
That's what makes it more confusing. Afghani Talibans stand for freedom. they want America and Nato and other invaders out of their country. I don't think there is any wrong with this! Why shouldn't they be free if they were born free?!

and then there is this TTP?! Hell with it! I don't know why would it keep killing the innocent people of pakistan. May Allah's wrath be upon them for killing innocents! I see them no different than the Zionist pigs!

Now , i also read once that afghani Taliban don't approve TTP and have dissolved their relation with them?! but i need solid proof. I don't know what's happening in here :/

جوري
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Masuma
This I was wondering too. Some people say it is all a political game to distract the concentration away from the "drone attacks" issue.
I don't know anything about Pakistan or its Taliban, I thought this occurred in Afghanistan as part of the propaganda machine so close to elections. Which this too can be one of, who knows Allah a3lam. I just know how perfectly contrived everything is as comes out of western media.. Unless of course it says something about agents of NATO in Libya in which case it is conspiracy theory then.

:w:

Masuma
10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
You know me either!
Why aren't we getting this clear once and for all?! What are these TTP? And if Afghani Taliban support TTP too, then I'm against them too in this regard.
No this incident happened in Pakistan sis.

And you know what's sad? The TTP are threatening over the media that we would attack her again if we get a chance! ASTAGHFIRULLAH! YA Allah! Destroy them!

Look how they justified themselves?!
Al-Quran: Chapter 5, Verse 32

"...If anyone takes the life of an innocent―unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land― it would be as if he killed the whole humanity: and if anyone saved a life of an innocent it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of humanity..."
Did they take Malala's outspoken courage and the bravery to stand up for truth "as spreading mischief in the land"?! Those retards have no fear of Allah. THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS!!! No Muslim with fear of Allah in their heart would attack an innocent child or a female!

Now how to know whether TTP is CIA or Black water in actuality? I have NO IDEA... !

Endymion
10-10-2012, 06:09 PM

Why would the police shoot Malala?

Are you saying that the Taliban does not exist at all and is just an invention of the media or other people? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Would love to see this interview you mentioned, if you have a link.
It wasn't the police.There are some agencies working and making the way of drone attacks firm in this area.According to the interviews of tribal people,there are no Taliban nor terrorist neither they kill people or harm them.In tribal system,all the people of valley are known to each other and there is no stranger.Drones keep killing innocent people and the paid people of these agencies attack people in the name of Taliban to give reason to drones.There are thousands of women in tribal areas having education without any fear,why don't Taliban kill them?And who those agencies are paid by?Indian currency and American dollar might answer this question.

As youtube has been blocked over here,it will be difficult for me to find the interviews but i'll try searching them for you.

Masuma
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Inna Lillahi wa inna aliyehi raji3oon!

Now read this! This is how TTP justifying their attack on an innocent child!

They are saying that there is a story in Quran when Hazrat Khizer and Hazrat Musa (a.s) were travelling together and came across a youth. Hazrat Khizer killed that youth and said that this child was a pain to his children and would have been much trouble to his parents in future. Now Allah would bestow the parents with a loyal child. Surah Kahf
"TTP is vomiting that as Hazrat Khizer killed a child who would have been a trouble for the parents and who was a bad person i the sght of Allah, same has we done with Malala who is also an ignorant person. Now Allah would give her parents a good, obedient child"

Astaghfirullah!

See how they are twisting the words of Quran?! How they are giving their own interpretations to support their grievous crime just like the Jews and Christains twisted the Holy words of their books for their benefit?! I think it is not long enough now that Allah's curse would descend upon them too just like it descended upon those past nations. I think their end is near now inshAllah!

They also gave their own silly interpretation on one more incident.
They say that at Prophet's time, one blind companion of the Prophet killed his wife so in the same way we are justified in killing Malala!

Don't they know that that woman used to constantly slander the Prophet and would write things against him repeatedly! She wouldn't stop and denied all common sense and sanity! That is why she was warned and when she still didn't stop, the companion took that step.

Whatever it is, nothing justifies the killing of an innocent child!

Banu_Hashim
10-10-2012, 06:42 PM
The Pakistani Taliban and Afghani Taliban are two different groups (although they are the same ethnic people and hold similar interpretations of Islam in certain aspects). It is the Pakistani Taliban that is held to have reportedly carried out the attacks. They have released a statement, and have said that she will be targeted again and that she is 'western minded'. All she did was write a blog for the BBC Urdu service, championing education for girls in her area. I know this kind of ideology exists with these type of people from personal experience.

I am just grateful that this brave little girl has survived the attack and is on her way to making a recovery alhamdulillah. May Allah protect her and all our young Muslim sisters and daughters who seek true Islam and by it, liberation. Ameen.

~Zaria~
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

From the Al-Jazeera article that has been quoted above:

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), also known as the Pakistani Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack.

Ehsanullah Ehsan, a Pakistani Taliban spokesperson, said the group had repeatedly warned Yousafzai to stop speaking out against them.

"She is a Western-minded girl. She always speaks against us," he said by telephone from an undisclosed location.

"We will target anyone who speaks against the Taliban.

"We warned her several times to stop speaking against the Taliban and to stop supporting Western non-governmental organisations, and to come to the path of Islam."

Taliban's justification

The Taliban said it was not only "allowed" to target young girls, but it was "obligatory" when such a person "leads a campaign against Islam and sharia".

The spokesman also referred to the Quranic story of Hazrat Khizar, who killed a young child, justifying it to Prophet Musa (Moses in other religions), by saying the boy would overburden his pious parents with his disobedience, and that God would "replace" the boy with a more obedient son.

Ehsan said that the Pakistani Taliban had not banned education for girls, "instead, our crime is that we tried to bring the education system for both boy and girls under Islamic law.
IN VIDEO

Asma Jahangir, human rights lawyer, discusses the state of women's rights in Pakistan

"We are deadly against co-education and secular education systems, and Sharia orders us to be against it".

The group also criticised media coverage of the shooting, saying: "After this incident, [the] media poured out all of its smelly propaganda against Taliban mujahideen with their poisonous tongues.

" [...] will the blind media pay any attention to the hundreds of respectful sisters whom are in the secret detention centres of ISI [Pakistan's spy agency] and suffering by their captivity?

"Would you like to put an eye on more than 3,000 young men killed in secret detention centres, whose bodies are found in different areas of Swat, claimed to be killed in encounters and died by cardiac arrest?"

Please watch this video to gain better insight into this situation.

My heart breaks at this story.....and the suffering caused by the hands of our own muslim brothers.....in the name of Islam!
Astaghfirullah.

:wa:

glo
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inquilaab
The Pakistani Taliban and Afghani Taliban are two different groups (although they are the same ethnic people and hold similar interpretations of Islam in certain aspects). It is the Pakistani Taliban that is held to have reportedly carried out the attacks. They have released a statement, and have said that she will be targeted again and that she is 'western minded'. All she did was write a blog for the BBC Urdu service, championing education for girls in her area. I know this kind of ideology exists with these type of people from personal experience.
That's really informative. Thank you for clarifying!

I am just grateful that this brave little girl has survived the attack and is on her way to making a recovery alhamdulillah. May Allah protect her and all our young Muslim sisters and daughters who seek true Islam and by it, liberation. Ameen.
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,
My heart breaks at this story.....and the suffering caused by the hands of our own muslim brothers.....in the name of Islam!
Astaghfirullah.

It seems completely crazy to me to want to prevent girls from gaining an education ... :heated:

~Zaria~
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM

It seems completely crazy to me to want to prevent girls from gaining an education ... :heated:

Initially, I thought that they were against 'co-education', with free mixing between boys and girls - and I can understand this.
However, it is apparent that even Girls-Only Schools have been targetted.....which completely baffles me.

Islam endorses 'seeking knowledge from the cradle to the grave' - for both men and women.

It is unfortunate that yet again, the face of Islam is being tarnished by its very own ummah.

Which is why we should never judge a religion by its people......but rather by its actual books and principles.

There are Shaytaans amongst every community.

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Big deal. Who remembers Dilawar?
http://vimeo.com/19952563

My msg to a paki friend who is all teary over this:

why doesnt your heart cringe on death of more innocent "angels" everyday in Pakistan? Is it because you have not seen their faces or seem them debating? Or is it because they were not ambassadors of "peace" as this Malala was? Why did Malala in her childhish naivity love Obama? Dont you think damage to her has been caused by political forces who used her for "message of peace."

Hopefully you'll see the stupidity of human experience by my question. Humans make a big deal out of what they see, even though statistically much worse has had happened then what they saw yet they only cringe for the visually disturbing but not for the one which is statistically heart-breaking.

More kids have died in much worse ways than this.

If you truly like Allama Iqbals poetry, wake the heck up and exceed the limitations imposed by human experience.

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
'seeking knowledge from the cradle to the grave'
is that for religious knowledge or secular knowledge?

M.I.A.
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
times like these i hope there actually is a god.

because i dont know what the hell is going on.

mischief maker or the oppressed?

...allah swt knows best.

even that does not help sometimes, no?

one thing is for sure, the guns make the decisions apparently.

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.

because i dont know what the hell is going on.

mischief maker or the oppressed?

...allah swt knows best.

even that does not help sometimes, no?

one thing is for sure, the guns make the decisions apparently.
And they have made the decisions since we emerged from Africa.

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Masuma
Those retards have no fear of Allah. THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS!!! No Muslim with fear of Allah in their heart would attack an innocent child or a female!
Mind you, murder is not an act of kufr. You calling a murderous Muslim a kaafir takes you outside the fold of Islam.

جوري
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Ah, but do you not believe that all knowledge leads to theological query?

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
how interesting.. and at the same time unfortunate!

best,

جوري
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Mind you, murder is not an act of kufr. You calling a murderous Muslim a kaafir takes you outside the fold of Islam.
:sl: akhi,

There are 2 types of kufr, Kufr akbar (major kufr) and kufr asghar (minor kufr).

There are different types of kufr (disbelief) as well as different levels. While shirk is the unforgivable sin and falls into the category there are minor kufr.

Examples of Kufr: "Cursing a Muslim is sinful and fighting him is disbelief." (Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree)

"Two things in people are disbelief: speaking ill about the lineage of others and wailing over the dead." (Saheeh Muslim)

"Whoever makes an oath by other than Allaah has committed disbelief." (Sunan Abu Daawood)

"Whoever cohabits with a menstruating woman, enters a woman from her rectum, or goes to a fortune-teller has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad." (Sunan Abu Daawood)

"And do not detest/hate your fathers, for that is disbelief from you."

"And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed, then they are the disbelievers."
(5:44)

Ibn Abbaas said: "It is not the kufr that takes one out of the religion. Rather when he does it then it is [an act of] disbelief, and he is not like the one who disbelieves in Allaah and the Last Day" and Taawoos said the same and Ataa said: "It is disbelief less than disbelief, oppression less than oppression and rebellion less than rebellion."

There are many others, the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) was not narrated to have called anyone a kaafir, merely he used to say that if one does such and such action then he would fall into kufr. In addition, one is excused if they did anything in ignorance, accident or was forced. "Error, forgetfulness and what is forced are removed as sins from my nation." (Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree)

I don't know all the different types of kufr and their level as i don't have knowledge on the matter but i'm sure brother Ansar or others will address your questions.

Relevant Information
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...im-kaffir.html

At any rate I am inclined more to sister Endymion's comments on the matter than anything else posted here!

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 09:12 PM
It also leads to atheism ....

Nothing wrong with scientific pursuits if the intention is to help humanity or to explore wondrous creation of Allah ... but most scientists happen to be non-believers despite having such theological query. So one's emaan can be endangered by such pursuits. Tread carefully. Wallahu aalim.

M.I.A.
10-10-2012, 09:15 PM

how interesting.. and at the same time unfortunate!

best,

dont get me wrong i know there is a god.

and i know nothing lasts in flesh and bone.

and maybe there is no changing who we are and how we act.

so why the book?

i mean its like a roomfull or lawyers needing a suicide bomber to convict somebody.. maybe they should seek a new career path.

or a better education system.

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 09:16 PM

:sl: akhi,

There are 2 types of kufr, Kufr akbar (major kufr) and kufr asghar (minor kufr).

There are different types of kufr (disbelief) as well as different levels. While shirk is the unforgivable sin and falls into the category there are minor kufr.

Examples of Kufr: "Cursing a Muslim is sinful and fighting him is disbelief." (Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree)

"Two things in people are disbelief: speaking ill about the lineage of others and wailing over the dead." (Saheeh Muslim)

"Whoever makes an oath by other than Allaah has committed disbelief." (Sunan Abu Daawood)

"Whoever cohabits with a menstruating woman, enters a woman from her rectum, or goes to a fortune-teller has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad." (Sunan Abu Daawood)

"And do not detest/hate your fathers, for that is disbelief from you."

"And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed, then they are the disbelievers."
(5:44)

Ibn Abbaas said: "It is not the kufr that takes one out of the religion. Rather when he does it then it is [an act of] disbelief, and he is not like the one who disbelieves in Allaah and the Last Day" and Taawoos said the same and Ataa said: "It is disbelief less than disbelief, oppression less than oppression and rebellion less than rebellion."

There are many others, the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) was not narrated to have called anyone a kaafir, merely he used to say that if one does such and such action then he would fall into kufr. In addition, one is excused if they did anything in ignorance, accident or was forced. "Error, forgetfulness and what is forced are removed as sins from my nation." (Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree)

I don't know all the different types of kufr and their level as i don't have knowledge on the matter but i'm sure brother Ansar or others will address your questions.

Relevant Information
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...im-kaffir.html

At any rate I am inclined more to sister Endymion's comments on the matter than anything else posted here!

Thanks for correction. Murder could be an act of minor kufr as you posted but it does not make one a kaafir, even though it is one of severest sins whose punishment is eye for an eye.

w salam

جوري
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
It also leads to atheism ....

Nothing wrong with scientific pursuits if the intention is to help humanity or to explore wondrous creation of Allah ... but most scientists happen to be non-believers despite having such theological query. So one's emaan can be endangered by such pursuits. Tread carefully. Wallahu aalim.
Indeed, the line of reasoning that leads to God is the same one that leads away and I think we all need to go there, or we'll be worshipping on the edge because we found our forefathers on that path.

Once more. Sr. Endymion's comments here are the ones that I find myself most inclined to believe..

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
It wasn't the police.There are some agencies working and making the way of drone attacks firm in this area.According to the interviews of tribal people,there are no Taliban nor terrorist neither they kill people or harm them.In tribal system,all the people of valley are known to each other and there is no stranger.Drones keep killing innocent people and the paid people of these agencies attack people in the name of Taliban to give reason to drones.There are thousands of women in tribal areas having education without any fear,why don't Taliban kill them?And who those agencies are paid by?Indian currency and American dollar might answer this question.
I agree with this, this might be a possibility. But why the need to justify that women are getting education, as to please the kaafirs? Believe it or not, Taliban in Afghanistan did prohibit women from going out to schools cuz they stated it was times of war and education was not laazim o malzoom in such circumstances.

Same can be said about modern day swat.

My best friend who is a solider and a physician in Pakistani army lost his colleague to an IED in Swat recently. These are not times of peace.

جوري
10-10-2012, 09:24 PM
did prohibit women from going out to schools cuz they stated it was times of war and education was not laazim o malzoom in such circumstances.
I believe they'd home schooling or so I'd heard or learned from youtube, going outside however is very dangerous.
I hate absolutely detest what the kaffirs have done to Afghanistan over the centuries.. for all the Afghan successes against invaders, they've always been a center of kaffir greed and I fear they've never fully recovered one prolonged war after the next and one puppet regime after the next..

جوري
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
To add to that the Afghans can't even go to weddings or funerals out of fear of being droned and the same situation in Yemen and Iraq. American drones don't distinguish between those baaaaaaaaaaad taliban and regular civilians so they all become as Madeline not so bright said collateral damage!

joboman24
10-11-2012, 03:46 AM
so sad. is this the way to go for everyone who opposes the taliban's version of islam? What is this logic of killing people for disagreeing with your version of your life. what happened to live and let live? Is it really that hard to coexist and let people just lead their life regardless of what they want to believe in or learn.

joboman24
10-11-2012, 03:48 AM
To add to that the Afghans can't even go to weddings or funerals out of fear of being droned and the same situation in Yemen and Iraq. American drones don't distinguish between those baaaaaaaaaaad taliban and regular civilians so they all become as Madeline not so bright said collateral damage!
True, but at least this is unintentional killing rather than intentional killings by the taliban. Certainly more justifiable from a moral standpoint but horrible nonetheless.

~Zaria~
10-11-2012, 03:55 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

This is a discussion in its own right. I think the following article addresses it very well.
MashaAllah.

Islam and the Pursuit of Worldly Knowledge
It is not about making a choice

By Shaykh Salman al-Oadah

Many young men and women in our colleges and universities have abandoned the pursuit of studies like medicine and engineering.

They presume that such studies will not benefit them in the Hereafter. I have heard them complain that their studies are a curse upon them and it would be better for them to study Islamic knowledge than what they are wasting their lives pursuing.

These young people are operating under the misconception that the study worldly knowledge are technology are somehow in conflict with Islam. They feel that their worldly studies keep them away from being truly devout and close to Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala. At the very least, they feel that the pursuit of such knowledge is encouraged by Islam and that there would be no sin or censure upon the Muslims for neglecting it.

Islam calls us to seek knowledge in the broadest sense of the word. The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wasalam said: ‘Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim.’ [Sunan Ibn Majah]

Islam gives preference to a knowledgeable person over an ignorant one. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“Say: ‘Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know?’”

[Soorah al-Zumar :9]
There are around 750 verses in the Qur’aan that encourage us to think about the universe that surrounds us and all that has been created within it and placed at our disposal. The study of the universe is indisputably the domain of the natural sciences.
Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says the following:
“Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the Earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allaah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people who have sense.”

[Soorah al-Baqarah, 2:164]
“Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the Earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for people who have understanding.”

[Soorah Aali-Imraan, 3:190]
“And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the Earth, and the variations in your languages and your colors: verily in that are Signs for those who know.”

[Soorah Room 30:22]
“It is He who makes the stars (as beacons) for you, that ye may guide yourselves, with their help, through the dark spaces of land and sea: We detail Our signs for people who know.”

[Soorah al-An‘aam 6:97]
The first verse to be revealed to the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was a verse commanding him to read. For this reason, scholars have declared knowledge to be the first obligation held upon a legally accountable person.

The first thing that a person is required to have knowledge of, of course, is Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala, His religion, and His revelation. However, this obligation ultimately embraces all useful knowledge, since the first step in any area is to have knowledge about it.

How can it be acceptable for us as Muslims – the people commanded before anything else to read – to go down the road of ignorance and give up competing with the other nations of the Earth in the pursuit of knowledge?

How can we do so especially at a time when they are the ones excelling in every field of human knowledge without the benefit of our heritage and our faith that encourage us to do so?

What bridge will help us to span the distance between the pure truth of our sacred texts and the miserable state of ignorance and misunderstanding that besets the lives and the mindset of the Muslim world?

Knowledge is of two kinds:
religious knowledge and

worldly knowledge.
Worldly knowledge includes all branches of knowledge by which we acquire through our human experience and interaction with the universe that surrounds us. We acquire this knowledge by investigating and contemplating the patterns and laws that exist in nature.

The study of science and technology is of utmost importance to the upliftment of nations and civilizations. The Muslim world is in desperate need of this knowledge. No one who has eyes can fail to see how weak we are in this area, in spite of the emphasis that Islam puts upon it. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says in more than one place in the Qur’aan:
“It is He who has produced you from the Earth and settled you therein.”
Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala is telling us that He has made us to live on Earth for the duration of our lives and we are supposed to develop it, cultivate it, and thrive in it. How are we expected to do this if we do not know what will better our lives and what will bring harm to us?

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“And when the Prayer is finished, then may you disperse through the land, and seek of the bounty of Allaah: and celebrate the praises of Allaah often that you may prosper.”

[Soorah al-Jumu‘ah 62:10]
Here Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala is talking about commerce, investment, and economic development.

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“It is He who has made the Earth manageable for you, so traverse through its tracts and enjoy of the sustenance which He furnishes: but unto Him is the Resurrection.”

[Soorah al-Mulk 67:15]
This verse alludes to agriculture, land development, and traveling in search of Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s bounty.

The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:

‘If the Final Hour arrives while one of you has a sapling in his hand and he can finish planting it before standing up, then he should do so.’

[Musnad Ahmad]
In the field of medicine, the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:
‘Every disease has a remedy. If the remedy is applied to the disease, the patient will be cured by Allaah’s permission.’

[Saheeh Muslim]
He also said:
‘Allaah did not send down a disease without sending down a cure for it.’

[Saheeh al-Bukhaari]

A desert dweller once asked the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam:
‘What type of people are the best?’
The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam replied:
‘The best of them in moral character.’
The man then asked:
‘O Messenger of Allaah, should we seek medical treatment?’
The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam replied:
‘Seek medical treatment, for truly Allaah as not send down a disease without sending down a cure for it. Those who have knowledge of the cure know it, and those who are ignorant of it do not.’

[Musnad Ahmad]
The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam referred to medical knowledge as knowledge and to a lack of it as ignorance. He encouraged us to use our minds and our resources to seek out the cures to the diseases that plague us by telling us that those cures are out there for us to discover and make use of.

How can a people who profess this religion and follow these texts be content to remain steeped in illiteracy and ignorance while other nations who do not share our legacy are progressing by leaps and bounds?

This is something surprising indeed!

The pursuit of any field of useful worldly knowledge, in principle, is an obligation that does not fall on everyone’s shoulders. As long as a sufficient number of people in society take it up, everyone else can follow other pursuits. However, today it is becoming more and more of an individual obligation. We live in an age of unprecedented technological challenge and we are witnessing a Muslim incapacity that is quite startling.

The nations of the West are improving their knowledge and their application of it night and day in order to dominate the nations that surround them. We have been reduced to the lamentable state of dependency, especially in the fields of medicine, engineering, and manufacturing technology.
It is not possible for the Muslim world to be an example for others to follow unless it strong and able to move forward. Many people are turned off by Islam because of the sorry state that they see the Muslims in – their economic backwardness, the misconceptions and falsehoods that plague them, and their intellectual and spiritual shortcomings.
Al-Shatibi and a number of other scholars jurisprudence, Islamic Law tell us that Islam has come to safeguard five universal needs: religion, life, lineage, property, and reason. Some scholars have claimed that this is a matter of juristic consensus.

It is not possible to safeguard these five universal needs effectively without possessing accurate scientific knowledge and being able to employ it properly to defend the faith and bring about worldly prosperity. Medicine, for instance, is a way to preserve life by safeguarding our bodies from illness. This is why our pious predecessors had so much respect for medicine. Some quote Imaam al-Shafi’ rahimahullaah as saying:

“Knowledge is only of two kinds: religious knowledge and worldly knowledge. The knowledge that belongs to the domain of religion is Islamic Law and the knowledge that belongs to the domain of worldly matters is medicine.”

He is also quoted as saying:
“After knowledge of what is lawful and prohibited, I know of no knowledge to be nobler than medicine, except that the People of the Scripture have outdone us in that field.”
It is said that he expressed his regret for the Muslims’ neglect medical knowledge by saying:

“They have neglected a third of all knowledge and left it to the Jews and Christians.”

[Quotes taken from al-Razi, Adab al-Shafi’ wa Manakibuh]
A student cannot help but notice that there is an experimental approach to the worldly sciences. It is an approach of applying astute and rigorous analysis to meticulous and time-consuming observations. This methodology comes under the Qur’aanic injunction for us to reflect upon the universe. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“Those who remember Allaah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the Earth (saying): Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire:”

[Soorah Aali-Imraan 3:191]
If a person has a sincere and wholesome intention for pursuing this knowledge, it will have a positive effect on his faith. It will reinforce the textual evidence for the existence of the Almighty Creator. It also assists in our better appreciating the scientific allusions given by the Qur’aan, which emphasizes its miraculous nature. This is a good way of calling non-Muslims to Islam and of strengthening the faith of the believers.

An economist can give support to Islam’s interest-free economic system in a way that a scholar of Islamic law never could. Islamic teachings came only to protect human life from going astray and to encourage productivity and work, so much so that wholesome, productive work is recognized as a sublime virtue and an act of devotion.

Using the proper means – the natural causes – to get things done is part of our faith and creed. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says:
“Verily We established his power on earth, and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends. One (such) way he followed.”

[Soorah al-Kahf 18:84-85]
Failure to use proper means is, in effect, a deprecation of Islamic teachings. Whoever gives thought to the guidance of the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam will easily see how he took the needed practical steps to achieve his aims, from the time of his emigration until the time of his death.

Advancements in science and technology are among the ways and means to achieve the upliftment of the Muslim world. Much of the backwardness and many of the defeats that from which we have been suffering is but the result of our lagging behind in scientific knowledge, our paucity of general understanding, and our inability to appreciate the true relationship between cause and effect.

Muslim history abounds with examples of scientific and cultural ingenuity. The Muslims inherited the knowledge of the nations that came before them and developed it and placed it in the context of a precise moral framework. Muslim scholarship made a vital contribution to the enrichment and advancement of human civilization.

Sadly, there are serious shortcomings in or efforts to teach the Muslims that the Qur’aan is concerned with these sciences that give humanity the ability to benefit from the world around them. It is indeed from Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s wisdom behind placing humanity up on Earth that we would develop it and cultivate it.

As I have already said, our lagging behind in scientific knowledge has made us as Muslims dependent on others. Equally, we meet with considerable difficulties when we try to build productive relationships and nurture cooperation between our scientists and Islamic scholars. There is a wide gulf between these two fields of knowledge, as if one has absolutely no bearing upon the other. The truth is, these two fields of knowledge have a complementary relationship. The fruits of scientific enquiry are in harmony with what the Qur’aan says about our role in developing the Earth and benefiting from it in every way.

We should mention that our lagging behind in science and technology while the West is progressing at a fantastic pace has a damaging effect on our mental health and on our determination. This is painfully true when it comes to our youth. It makes us feel defeated in front of the West, as if we have no contribution to make. Such a state of affairs ultimately leads to an erosion of our moral values. Our people start to believe that the West is the ideal that must be followed and emulated in every way, even when it comes to the low moral standards that the West itself suffers from.

Our youth must be made aware of these truths. They must know the extent of the danger that surrounds the Muslim world and what must be done for our upliftment.

Islam demands from us a sincere and mighty effort to achieve growth and development, first and foremost to please our Lord, and secondly to realize our own welfare in both our worldly and religious lives.

We must prevent ourselves from melting away in front of the challenges that confront us in this era of globalization.

CosmicPathos
10-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Interesting article. I do agree that Quran calls upon pondering.

". We have been reduced to the lamentable state of dependency, especially in the fields of medicine, engineering, and manufacturing technology."

I disagree. Muslim nations have many doctors and many engineers. Doctors and engineers do not usually create new knowledge, unless they are involved in research projects. Moreover, medicine and engineering are professional careers while doing science research as a tenured professor is not a "career" in traditional sense but a way of living life. There is a reason why most Noble Prize winners in Medicine are PhDs and are rarely MDs.

If Muslims need to become dominant, they need to develop basic scientists, cosmologists, physicists, biologists, chemists, astronomers, so on and so forth.

Snowflake
10-11-2012, 07:29 AM
O Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne, Al Hayyul Qayyum, we beseech You to grant our sister a full and speedy recovery. Ameen.

@Glo.Taliban means students (of Islamic knowledge in this case). I hope you know that Islam prohibits taking a life, except where shariah rulings dictate and which can only be prescribed by an islamic judge - and in which case does not apply here. This means real students of islamic knowledge would not commit such crimes - only those who are passing themselves of as taliban could.

Endymion
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Another interesting thing to think about is why the freedom warriors who are fighting with so called Super power with small army and armament have to be afraid of a tiny School girl?Majority of people might unaware that there was a plan of a mighty operation clean up against those so called Taliban (innocent tribal people,women and children) in Waziristan but because of a very strict response from people and other political parties,they had to post pond it.Now that the information minister has announced the target killer arrived from Waziristan,we all need to pray for innocent tribal people along with Malala.

Endymion
10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Taliban in Afghanistan did prohibit women from going out to schools cuz they stated it was times of war and education was not laazim o malzoom in such circumstances.
According to my knowledge,they only prohibit Co-education specially in the field of medicine for some time and they announced they will soon open separate universities for women so that Afghan ladies will be allowed to get education in a more safe envoirment.

Samiun
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
:sl: saw it on the news last night, terrible :|. Very brave person MashAllah, it inspires me to think such person would risk their lives trying to study and educating themselves.. Mind Baffling!

جوري
10-11-2012, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by joboman24
True, but at least this is unintentional killing rather than intentional killings by the taliban. Certainly more justifiable from a moral standpoint but horrible nonetheless.
:haha: you made a funny.

~Zaria~
10-11-2012, 01:00 PM

According to my knowledge,they only prohibit Co-education specially in the field of medicine for some time and they announced they will soon open separate universities for women so that Afghan ladies will be allowed to get education in a more safe envoirment.
Assalamu-alaikum,

If you watch the video that I have posted earlier, it appears that Female-Only Schools are targetted as well.......in fact, this is what Malala and others have been protesting about.

Endymion
10-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Sister,they were not targeted coz they were girl's schools but because there enemies were hiding over there at that time and they target them.Unfortunately,media all around the world is exploiting stories that proves Taliban uneducated brutal warriors but if you want to see their real face and their behaviour with women,you need to see what happened with Youvnne Riddley.

sister herb
10-11-2012, 01:27 PM
And now back to Pakistan:

Pakistan teen activist in critical condition

Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban, has been airlifted to Rawalpindi.
Last Modified: 11 Oct 2012 11:55

Pakistani officials have moved an injured teenage rights activist to the city of Rawalpindi for further treatment after she was shot in the head in the northwestern Swat Valley.

Al Jazeera's Hameedullah Khan, reporting from Pakistan, said on Thursday that Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old schoolgirl campaigning for girls' education, was in a critical condition. According to doctors, the next 24 hours were very crucial for her survival.

"Her condition is not yet out of danger despite improvement. She is being shifted to Rawalpindi," Masood Kausar, the governor of the northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, told reporters.

Earlier, one of her doctors, Mumtaz Khan, said that Yousafzai had improved since the bullet was removed in an operation on Wednesday but she was still seriously ill.

"She has been put on a ventilator for two days. The bullet has affected some part of the brain, but there is a 70 percent chance that she will survive," he said.

Mehmoodul Hasan, one of Malala's relatives, said the family had been told doctors were sending her medical reports abroad for advice.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...035561619.html

yahia12
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
what a brave girl! May Allah swt recover her soon. :peace:

جوري
10-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

If you watch the video that I have posted earlier, it appears that Female-Only Schools are targetted as well.......in fact, this is what Malala and others have been protesting about.
Sister,they were not targeted coz they were girl's schools but because there enemies were hiding over there at that time and they target them.Unfortunately,media all around the world is exploiting stories that proves Taliban uneducated brutal warriors but if you want to see their real face and their behaviour with women,you need to see what happened with Youvnne Riddley.
She's clearly talking about the Taliban in Afghanistan. We've a sister here who herself is also a Medical Doctor who stated that she used to go to school in army cars for protection. What's the point of that? Sob7an Allah
One needs to live in a war torn country that's under siege whose dead get urinated on, whose women get killed in the night while sleeping and whose body parts are stolen for souvenirs to understand the severity of just what that means!

The Afghan president is already the biggest agent to the west, Taliban is in fact all the resistance they have even if they make mistakes as all humans do, don't go posting or believing everything you see against them. It is a war after all, a successful one would be to make inside folks that they're evil personified. But you know what the more they drone, the more they kill the more they malign the more regular 'freedom lovin' folks' join them.

I can't claim to know anything about the Pakistani Taliban but I give every sensational story like this a few sources before I jump on the brave girl band wagon.. BTW why am I not hearing nor seeing the names of the brave people who are targeted every day through drones or are they not people too with families?

~Zaria~
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Please explain why a 12-year old girl would take up a campaign for the right to education? (Google her on You-tube to see more of her history.)
Has she been fabricating the situation that she and other girls are facing?

Who are the 'enemies' hiding in the schools......that none but the Taliban appear to be concerned about?
The actual school-goers and parents of the kids who attend these very schools make no mention about them.
Why is this?

Why would a young girl be actively targetted and shot in such a brutal manner? (Was Ehsanullah Ehsan, the Pakistani Taliban spokesperson lying when they claimed responsibilty for the attack?)
How can this be Islamically justified?

Yvonne Ridley was captured and released by the Afghani Tabliban......which is very different to TTP.

Can someone provide some evidence to their claims against the above?

JazakAllah khayrun

جوري
10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Please explain why a 12-year old girl would take up a campaign for the right to education?
I can think of many reasons- can't you? Do you know many 12 year old girls who get this level of publicity or take man sized campaigns all by their lonesome especially in a very conservative country like Pakistan? Maybe the case is as described but I have my doubts!

glo
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
I hope you know that Islam prohibits taking a life. This means real students of islamic knowledge would not commit such crimes - only those who are passing themselves of as taliban could.
Yes, I am aware that Islam prohibits taking life.
Which is why it seems so shocking to think that this has happened - and all because a young girl followed her desire to learn and get an education.

I didn't start the thread to criticise Islam, but to criticise those who committed this crime.

glo
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Al Jazeera's Hameedullah Khan, reporting from Pakistan, said on Thursday that Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old schoolgirl campaigning for girls' education, was in a critical condition. According to doctors, the next 24 hours were very crucial for her survival.
Thank you, sister harb, for reminding us that amongst all our political and theological discussions, there is still a young girl, brutally shot and in a serious condition!

Continuing to pray for the full recovery and safety of Malala.

Endymion
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Yes, I am aware that Islam prohibits taking life.
Which is why it seems so shocking to think that this has happened - and all because a young girl followed her desire to learn and get an education.
Wrong conclusion :) but im not surprised you and others descend upon this conclusion in spite of i keep telling people they are not even Muslims neither this attack has anything to do with Islam,Women education and women rights.Thats just a game to give reason playing with innocent human lives is necessary to save some other precious lives.

Thank you, sister harb, for reminding us that amongst all our political and theological discussions, there is still a young girl, brutally shot and in a serious condition!

Continuing to pray for the full recovery and safety of Malala.
And with this young girl,some other kids are fighting for their lives.Drone attack in Orakzai agency killed 8,injured several madarsa students who are unfortunately way younger than Malala.Keep them in your doaa also.In Sibbi,Bomb blast killed 11 and several injured.And thats just what they scored today.No condolence recieved till now.Is there only Malala who feel pain of gun shots and injuries and only her life was precious enough to discuss?

P.S.My words are a response to the behavior of international media and human rights activist,not specifically Glo.

glo
10-11-2012, 05:22 PM
And with this young girl,some other kids are fighting for their lives.Drone attack in Orakzai agency killed 8,injured several madarsa students who are unfortunately way younger than Malala.Keep them in your doaa also.In Sibbi,Bomb blast killed 11 and several injured.And thats just what they scored today.No condolence recieved till now.Is there only Malala who feel pain of gun shots and injuries and only her life was precious enough to discuss?
Those are terrible events! I pray for those victims too, sister Endymion. I pray for all people who suffer from oppression and terror, and who are denied a life of freedom. I pray for a world when there is peace amongst the different peoples, races and religions. And I will continue to pray for as long as I live!

This particular thread, however, happens to be about a young girl called Malala, who is lying in a hospital bed and fighting for her life. So in this thread I am inviting people to pray for her in particular.

White Rose
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I can think of many reasons- can't you? Do you know many 12 year old girls who get this level of publicity or take man sized campaigns all by their lonesome especially in a very conservative country like Pakistan? Maybe the case is as described but I have my doubts!
I agree with you. I am highly suspicious. Just on a side note, I heard that Obama is getting involved in this? Right around the election time? hmmmm..

IslamicRevival
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
No matter what the girl was campaigning for, she didnt deserve a bullet to the head. Islam teaches us to preserve plants and trees in times of war, this is how just and beautiful our religion is and no one can try and justify this sickening attack in the name of Islam.

“Shame on you Taliban,”
http://rt.com/news/pakistan-shooting-protest-girl-154/

CosmicPathos
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Please explain why a 12-year old girl would take up a campaign for the right to education? (Google her on You-tube to see more of her history.)
12 year olds dont have anything better to do with their time? Even prodigies dont get involved in "political campaigns" at that age. Malala clearly was not a prodigy child, nor did her IQ level reach 170.

CosmicPathos
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Why would a young girl be actively targetted and shot in such a brutal manner? (Was Ehsanullah Ehsan, the Pakistani Taliban spokesperson lying when they claimed responsibilty for the attack?)
Why use the qualifier "young?" Is it ok to actively target and shot an elderly girl (oops, woman)?

Murders happen everyday. Brothers kill brothers. Wives kill husbands, and mothers kill their babies (link posted by vale). Why does not it make sense to you that some revengeful man shot a 14 year old?

sister herb
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Should we just think it is ok to shoot 14 years girl? Be quiet and say it just happens? Don´t care as murders happen every day.

^o)

جوري
10-11-2012, 10:24 PM
We should care indeed .. we should also investigate the cause like with 911, not simply accept what happened at face value!
It is all so well contrived like everything else!
It is war after all.. and I don't trust the bad guy and frankly the bad guy are the ones who are policing the world thinking they're the good ones!

2:(11) And when they are told, “Do not spread corruption on earth,” they answer, “We are but improving things!” (12) Oh, verily, it is they, they who are spreading corruption – but they perceive it not!

Asad, Muhammad (2008-12-17). The Message of the Qur'an

CosmicPathos
10-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Should we just think it is ok to shoot 14 years girl? Be quiet and say it just happens? Don´t care as murders happen every day.

^o)
You can certainly think that. No where did I say murder is right. I am just trying to put things in perspective.

It is sad that people are killed. But I do not think Allah has asked me to carry burden of human sadness and suffering on my shoulders, have enough crap in own life to deal with. Should I lament some random Malala being shot at or should I lament the death of a friend in IED explosion in Waziristan or should I lament the passing of my uncle or should I lament that of my friend in a terrible car accident? The answer is clear.

W salam.

Periwinkle18
10-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Just so sad Ppl die here Every day all those innocent souls who die cuz of drone attacks no one says anything abt tht. We dun even know who attacked this girl Duno Wht she said exactly tht made someone.so mad.Lots of things happen here every day I know someone who for shot outside of the Masjid for no reason at all he was gng to pray :s may Allah protect us n keep us safe frm all kinda of evils ameen

glo
10-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Don´t care as murders happen every day.
Every murder and every injustice should matter to us.
We should be speaking out against them every day! ( I know I am speaking to one who does this already, tirelessly :))

glo
10-12-2012, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Just so sad Ppl die here Every day all those innocent souls who die cuz of drone attacks no one says anything abt tht.
Lots of things happen here every day I know someone who for shot outside of the Masjid for no reason at all he was gng to pray :s may Allah protect us n keep us safe frm all kinda of evils ameen
How scary that must be!
My thoughts and prayers for you and the people in Pakistan.

I am starting a new thread on the drone attacks in Pakistan.

Salaam

tigerkhan
10-12-2012, 06:04 AM
well i am sorry as i haven't read all post. but just wana say few lines... bzc i think i know much more than u about Taliban and Pakistan as i spent 26 years in Pakistan out of which 4 years in Peshawar.
1. dont blv on media esp the things that are related to muslims or islam bcz they r islam enemies making propaganda against muslism and islam.
2. do u blv Muslims were involved in 9/11 even some muslism group accept they have done these attack, probably u dont. same is case here. i know a person and he told himself a taliban leader and wherever there is such accident in Pakistan, he accept the responsibility. but i am sure maybe there is no such person in world and its just Shaitan Malik (interior minister of Pakistan) talking on fake identity as taliban leader...lol.
3. have u ever think why media never raise voice against thousands of Malala who are victims of drones attack...i can share only 1-2 pic for u concern. bottom line they only want to mislead ppl about islam and they are doing all this stuff just to portrait Islam as religion of terrorist.

Attachment 5146

sister herb
10-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Salam alaykum

Hopely case of this one Malala will rise knowledge of people about happenings in Pakistan, put them read news more carefully and demand to get more information. And what is the most important, act against violence in everywhere.

No more Malalas!

sister herb
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Drones unfortunately don´t ask "excuse me, are you taliban or not" before they hit...

:hmm:

glo
10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I have started a new thread on the drone attacks in Pakistan, which is awaiting approval.
It would be nice to see the drone discussions move over there, when it's up and running and to leave this thread for talking about Malala.

Thank you. :)

جوري
10-12-2012, 01:18 PM
shouldn't we criticize and question the hypocrisy of folks who preach one thing while doing another? and almost in the same breath? There you've a video of something allegedly 'beautiful' and there in the corner the message of kill?
I think we should be done here if there's no contrast and pointing out behavioral irregularities!

CosmicPathos
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
glo, I didnt find the video "beautiful."

Maybe we should be talking about the girl in Vancouver who killed herself after being bullied and being harassed. Certainly, ppl from her country (Canadians) seem to be more interested in Malala though. They have a thing for afghani girls in hijab?

sister herb
10-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Salam alaykum;

I think both ideas are off topic in this thread. Better create new threads to those matters if needed.

CosmicPathos
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Attachment 5147

her question to Pakistani people.

IslamicRevival
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Thread seems to have been hijacked by Taliban :D

Seriously though...
The Messenger of Allah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said, ‘The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever.’ - Muslim

In light of the above Hadith, Its appalling how some of you are downplaying this incident.

Periwinkle18
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Attachment 5147

:cry: its just not her there r so many :( n no one says anything

IbnAbdulHakim
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
why do we speculate over issues which are so far from us that it is shrouded in obscurity.

we dont know. thats the truth. none of us knows whats going on over there at all

جوري
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Its appalling how some of you are downplaying this incident
what is appalling is overplaying a story whose veracity and intent aren't known while not only downplaying but completely ignoring the random drones that hover every day killing families entire and labeling them collateral damage.
I have seen a similar thread on Palestinian casualties due to random Zionist killing, that didn't even get an honorable mention -- you know the feigned emotions and sadness that some display and utter disgust toward the taliban is completely missing when the aggressor in this case is questioned, and why is that? That's all we're saying. It is difficult to sympathize with hypocrites, who strew heart wrenching images ONLY to stir emotions to their cause whatever it maybe, while in the same breath that calls for peace ask for the death of others by whatever means which in fact do target civilians many like Malala but with no kaffir agenda to highlight in order to perpetuate their presence and purpose. Only the naive/hypocrites and those with a very well calculated agenda turn a blind eye to this!

glo
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
glo, I didnt find the video "beautiful."
Perhaps we saw different things, CP.

I saw a beautiful young girl talking about her aspirations to go to school and get an educations and make a life for herself.

I agree that it was wrong of me to post the video, simply on the basis that it made a reference to the killing of other people. It has been removed bu the mods, and rightly so.
I apologise for causing upset and offence.

glo
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Should I lament some random Malala being shot at or should I lament the death of a friend in IED explosion in Waziristan or should I lament the passing of my uncle or should I lament that of my friend in a terrible car accident? The answer is clear.
The clear answer to me is that we should lament them ALL!
(I am sure that Malala's family would be upset to hear her referred to as "some random Malala". I am sure that to them she is very special indeed! :hmm:)
We should not forget that EVERY person who is killed or suffers is SOMEBODY's special person or loved one.

I am very sorry to hear about your uncle and your friend. May they rest in peace with God. imsad

~Zaria~
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM

The believer should think well of others, assume the best and keep away from doubt and suspicion that have no basis, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not” [al-Hujuraat 49:12].

Al-Bayhaqi narrated in ash-Shu‘ab (8344) that Ja‘far ibn Muhammad said: If you hear something about your brother that you dislike, then look for excuses for him, from one to seventy excuses; if you find an excuse for him (all well and good), otherwise say: Perhaps he has an excuse that I do not know of.

What makes it permissible to be suspicious of this young girls intentions?
Does anyone here have any proof to support their doubts?

No?

Then, perhaps remain silent - for this would be better for this ummah, and would result in spreading less fitnah.

(Ps. This is directed at everyone who has contributed in this regard).

Malala clearly was not a prodigy child, nor did her IQ level reach 170.
And how exactly do you know this?

Wrong conclusion :) but im not surprised you and others descend upon this conclusion in spite of i keep telling people they are not even Muslims neither this attack has anything to do with Islam,Women education and women rights.Thats just a game to give reason playing with innocent human lives is necessary to save some other precious lives.

Is there some evidence to this effect?

I cannot access page 5 in this thread.

If I have missed out on some proof/ evidence that media portrayal of this case is false, please can I be directed these?

This is all I ask.

As brother IbnAbdulHakim has mentioned, thus far - most of this thread is pure speculation.

However, looking at the response from Malala's community and islamic scholars from the area - gives us a clearer picture of the actual sentiment on the ground:

as well as TTPs past history: their reported role in preventing vaccinations to kids: http://www.globalissues.org/news/2012/09/26/14892

and statements such as these:

In the statement sent out by TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan from an undisclosed location, the banned outfit said that although they do not believe in attacking women, “whom so ever leads a campaign against Islam and Shariah is ordered to be killed by Shariah.”

“If anyone thinks that Malala was targeted because of education, that is absolutely wrong, and propaganda of media. Malala was targeted because of her pioneer role in preaching secularism and so called enlightened moderation. And whomsoever will commit so in future too will be targeted again by TTP,”

And Allah (subhanawataála) knows best in all matters.

جوري
10-12-2012, 06:18 PM
The believer should think well of others, assume the best and keep away from doubt and suspicion that have no basis,
Does that apply to the Taliban as well or just the girl? By the way I saw the entire incident on TV today and even those who are rallying for this girl under all banners are starting to get suspicious of the international attention this has generated from western media as well questioning the official story leaked out to the media

رواية للديلمي عن أنس أيضا بلفظ: المؤمن فطن حذر وقاف، متثبت لا يعجل، عالم ورع، والمنافق همزة لمزة حطمة لا يقف عند شبهة ولا عند محرم كحاطب ليل لا يبالي من أين كسب ولا فيما أنفق، ومثله في التاريخ للبخاري. وقال عنه الألباني رحمه الله، إنه موضوع، كما في السلسلة.
والله أعلم
this hadith is also part of Islam.. please look it up in English and it should be applied as well and I am not directing it to anyone in particular but to the ummah as a whole!

Endymion
10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Sister Zaria,do you believe Osama bin Ladin was found and killed by American troops in Pakistan?

~Zaria~
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Does that apply to the Taliban as well or just the girl?
To both.
Unless we have evidence to support a particular belief.

رواية للديلمي عن أنس أيضا بلفظ: المؤمن فطن حذر وقاف، متثبت لا يعجل، عالم ورع، والمنافق همزة لمزة حطمة لا يقف عند شبهة ولا عند محرم كحاطب ليل لا يبالي من أين كسب ولا فيما أنفق، ومثله في التاريخ للبخاري. وقال عنه الألباني رحمه الله، إنه موضوع، كما في السلسلة.
والله أعلم
this hadith is also part of Islam.. please look it up in English and it should be applied as well and I am not directing it to anyone in particular but to the ummah as a whole!

Google translator says this: Novel Daylami Anas also says: insured shrewd warned S, Mtthbt not accelerate, world devout, and the hypocrite connecting to Mazzeh حطمة not stop at compromised nor when Muharram Khatab night does not care where gain nor as spent, and others like it in the history of the steam. The Albanian him God's mercy, it is subject, as in the series. And God knows

Considering that there are many non-arabic speaking members on this forum, it would be preferable to provide translation for any text in english as well.....

Sister Zaria,do you believe Osama bin Ladin was found and killed by American troops in Pakistan?
Yes ukthi, unless you can provide me with evidence to the contrary?

sdaonline
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Agreed with you.. All the things like that are planned and happens with proper pre-planned policies which is operated by Agencies & International Enemies of Islam.

Endymion
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
And whats the evidence he was found and killed in Pakistan?There is media every where even they brought the inside stories and pictures of Guantanamo,Bagram and Abu Gharib for you but there was not a single picture of dead Osama,the most high profile terrorist in the world?His dead body was taken over and drowned in the sea?Did you believe all that just because it was said by American officials and printed in world's leading news papers??

جوري
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
The translation of the hadith is: The believer is shrewd, careful, and waqaf as in one who doesn't hurry to conclusions:
from baheth:
ورجل وقّاف: مُتَأَنٍّ غير عَجِل؛ قال: وقد وقَفَتْني بينَ شكٍّ وشُبْهِةٍ، وما كنت وقّافاً على الشُّبُهات وفي حديث الحسن: إن المؤمن وقّاف مُتَأَنٍّ وليس كحاطِب الليل؛ والوقّاف: الذي لا يستعجل في الأَمور، وهو فَعّال من الوُقوف.
والوقّاف المُحْجِم عن القتال كأَنه يَقِف نفسه عنه ويعوقها؛ قال دريد: وإنْ يَكُ عبدُ اللّه خلَّى مكانَه، فما كان وقَّافاً، ولا طائشَ اليدِ وواقَفه مُواقفة ووِقافاً: وقفَ معه في حرب أَو خُصومة. التهذيب: أَوقفت الرجلَ على خِزْيِه إذا كنت لا تحبسه
then it goes on to say that the believer is also A''alim (knowledgeable) ) and devout... whereas the hypocrite is scandal monger and backbiter that is what humazatin lumaza means as well adores scandal, doesn't stop save to perpetuate it and doesn't stop by every muharam (those things forbidden)except to do it, akin to the coal miner of the night doesn't care from what he earns nor how he spends his money!

just felt it is important for folks to familiarize themselves with every aspect of their religion not merely the stuff that looks interesting!
or is translated into English. We really should make an effort before we take our news and emotions from kaffirs.
You were saying we should stop at both and that's fine as well except for folks here who were calling for the death of others as if saving this one life is more important than all the families they drone daily in their quest for the taliban. Such posts were deleted so it is good to give good advise to all parties instead of quoting one party and then deciding that the advise is for all.

sister herb
10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
As what media hasn´t told us; Osama was CIA agent who got new identity and lives now in Memphis selling pizzas... if that has anything to do with Malala/Pakistan/Taliban of Pakistan (which doesn´t exits).

^o)

Hopely that wasn´t TOO off topic again.

جوري
10-12-2012, 07:00 PM
As what media hasn´t told us; Osama was CIA agent who got new identity and lives now in Memphis selling pizzas... if that has anything to do with Malala/Pakistan/Taliban of Pakistan (which doesn´t exits).

^o)

Hopely that wasn´t TOO off topic again.
It is an analogy sister about the half truths or none truths we're being served. I have no problem accepting the story is a fact but I don't know that it is, and I just see a mob mentality and hatred being borne out of sensational stories at which ultimately the end results is the droning of more girls like Malala also in Pakistan and neighboring countries at the hands of those who maintain they care!
That's all we're saying!

Haya emaan
10-12-2012, 07:06 PM
after gooing through the thread just want to tell you what we pak people feel

The world want us ( pakistani's) to care on malala's incident, dont you know we have lost 100s of malalas in this so called war.. 1000s of malala's fathers 1000s of malala's brothers. we have no tears left to shed upon this incident. our hearts have been hardened. we wake up receiving the news of a drone attack killing number of innocent civilians and we go to sleep hearing of a bomb blast or other mass killings.. we have sacrificed thousands of daughters and sons of the country in these some years

and at last every thing ends with "taliban has accepted the responsibility of the attack/incident".. this statement is now no more then a joke to us..

i question the existence of America in my country more than the existence of taliban...
kick the America out and there will be no taliban..! we Pakistani's believe in this..

who knows is there really taliban ..?? taliban killing innocent people? muslims killing their own muslim brothers?
let me remind you a real story of the imam of the mosque.. very religious very pious..
he got ill and went to the doctor..
and what doctor found out...? the man was not a Muslim..
an imam of the mosque and not a Muslim..??
the doctor reported to the authorities and later they found out the reality.. He was a foreign agent..
A foreign agent disguised as an imam.. this is what happening in Pakistan..

US aided NGOs, US funded agencies, US backed government, this all pakistanis are suffering from.what good is Pakistan going to get by them?

Ah.. who knows who these talibans are?

i m sorry to say but Malala your incident got fame because you were famous.. if this was to happen with me none of you would had known. yes this is what happens here every day..

~Zaria~
10-12-2012, 07:11 PM
And whats the evidence he was found and killed in Pakistan?There is media every where even they brought the inside stories and pictures of Guantanamo,Bagram and Abu Gharib for you but there was not a single picture of dead Osama,the most high profile terrorist in the world?His dead body was taken over and drowned in the sea?Did you believe all that just because it was said by American officials and printed in world's leading news papers??
Ukthi, the absence of proof, is not evidence to the contrary.

Unless someone can bring some evidence, or Obama himself makes an appearance or his surviving family acknowledges that he is alive and in hiding, or there is proof that he was infact killed before this period......all that we are promoting is just speculation.

This is not the way of a muslim.

If we do not want to believe certain reports from multiple sources of media (yet have no proof against the counter-claim), then we should treat all news in a like manner......and just not listen to any news at all, anymore.

How do we trust some news reports and not others?
Based on our own pre-conceived notions of the subject at hand?
or based on our own research?

I do not wish to go off topic with this......so will end here.

جوري
10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
the absence of proof,
It is something that has happened, someone indeed committed the act- the question is of the consequences of it and if the consequences are a planned fitna or real an appropriate reaction to what occured. I'll tell you what will happen though and usually happens in said situations.
The news pounces people are emotional, the U.S decides its presence is needed, the Pakistani govt. can't tell them to stop droning because the Taliban are stronger than ever and terrorists cells are everywhere.. More Malalas get killed but on the hands of the enemy and then they call them collateral damage. Joboman stated earlier those are bad but justified.. because we know American intent vs. Taliban intent and it is always more honorable!

It isn't a matter of we should believe this or disbelieve in that. That is where the hadith about being Kayes and fatin comes in. And that in fact is what we should apply to every situation not the source of information but rather what will be done with said information. You'll find that the agenda is one no matter the source!

Haya emaan
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
sister zaira living in pak we have learned to see things in some different ways. can i ask you to look at the story this way..
few years back we had some incidents of violence with women.. and the stories got 'international fame' every one around the world felt sympathy with them and jumped into the matter.. soon after some time we realized the reality when major changes were brought in women's right laws. Changes that were actually not the 'rights' but going against islamic laws.
this how 'they' work in Pakistan. we are believed to be too emotional people. and this is how hey play with us..

lets wait and see what are the real plans behind malala's incident..

~Zaria~
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
The world want us ( pakistani's) to care on malala's incident, dont you know we have lost 100s of malalas in this so called war.. 1000s of malala's fathers 1000s of malala's brothers. we have no tears left to shed upon this incident. our hearts have been hardened. we wake up receiving the news of a drone attack killing number of innocent civilians and we go to sleep hearing of a bomb blast or other mass killings.. we have sacrificed thousands of daughters and sons of the country in these some years
Assalamu-alaikum ukthi,

Im sorry to hear this.

May Allah make it easy on our brothers and sisters throughout the world, including Pakistan, and grant this ummah ultimate victory. Ameen.

I guess this story has made headlines, because unlike a death by a drone attack (which a great loss for our ummah as well)......this was an attack on a teenager, for simply standing up for what she believed in - education for all.
Something that a muslim believes in and supports.

We could never do justice in mourning/ acknowledging the loss of every single muslim that is fighting some battle or the other.

Yet, it does not diminish the importance of those few stories that do make the headlines (for whatever reason).

Sister Haya Emaan, the story that you have related about the fake imaam - raises an important point.

That until the doctor discovered, and then it was confirmed that he was actually an under-cover agent.......it would have been encumbent for the muslims attending his mosque to believe that he was in fact a muslim.
To have doubted his imaan, before this information - would place the suspicious party at fault.

At the end of the day, Allah (subhanawataa'la) knows the secrets in the hearts of men and women.....and He will reveal the truth as and when He choses to.

We have to trust in HIM, and His greater plan in everything.

sister herb
10-12-2012, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
lets wait and see what are the real plans behind malala's incident..
To me it looks quite obvious if we think there is some western interest behind...

Anyways; situation looks by some ways quite similar like life of Palestinians under west-supported occupation.

tigerkhan
10-12-2012, 08:55 PM
well i have got the answer WHO has done this attack on Malala and WHY.
here is the answer http://www.ahwaal.com/index.php?opti...emid=4&lang=ur
(sorry to non urdu speaker) but and u see in my last post i guess and it came our true. it is Shatan Malik (interior minister of Pakistan and black water agent) and the purpose behind was to make ppl agreed for the military operation in waziristan.
Please note that malala lives in swat (much far away from wazirsitan) and note that waziristani ppl are victim of drones and pakistani military bcz r they killling innocent ppl like malala in Pakistan?.....a BIG NO but because they r fighting in Afghanistan against americans. only they have done this crime as they want to see independent and sovereign Afghanistan. and now whole their generation is ruined by drones as one who go against interest of the champion of justice, they always bring such justice to them. blackmail them and kill them brutally. see one more pic of victims of drones and its not from media but from my friend FB who is from Bannu (neighborhood of waziristan).
Attachment 5150
one more thing, u ppl think why Pakistani media didn't raise voice against these killing as in above picture. the answer is ,pakistani media is paid by Israel and america. these innocent ppl are not pro-americans nor anti-islamic rather they r anti Americans and they love islam. media raise voice for the ppl who r like malala (shame on her for this bullshit)
http://www.ahwaal.com/index.php?opti...emid=4&lang=ur
according to her burqa (niqab) is a remain of stone-age and beard remind her of pheron.

جوري
10-12-2012, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
(sorry to non urdu speaker) but and u see in my last post i guess and it came our true. it is Shatan Malik (interior minister of Pakistan and black water agent) and the purpose behind was to make ppl agreed for the military operation in waziristan.
Please not malala lives in swat (much far away from wazirsitan)
This was on Jazeera Arabic as well!

sister herb
10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Israel pays nothing as American tax payers pay all they actions but why to put this thread them too and Afghanistan? I think crime against this innocent girl happened in Pakistan.

^o)

I am as confused like many others already.

CosmicPathos
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
And how exactly do you know this?
I know it because nothing is true or nothing exists until unequivocally proven by rigorous and consistent evidence.

CosmicPathos
10-12-2012, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
A girl was shot and is in intensive care
so? I dont see you rallying up for 10s of patients we get to care for in the ICU everday of our life. It is sad and lets keep it that way.

CosmicPathos
10-12-2012, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
Pakistan army lost thousands of soldiers fighting these animals?
Maybe Pakistani army soldiers are also animals who fight for Generals who commit kufr, drink khamr and engage in zina?

جوري
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
so? I dont see you rallying up for 10s of patients we get to care for in the ICU everday of our life.
Just report the post pls. Or it will end up another 15 pages of his fulsome schmalz!

sister herb
10-12-2012, 09:50 PM
May Allah help this little girl to survive. Otherwise she might become as Muhammad Jamal Muhammad al-Durrah, figure of Intifada 2000 who world has forgot years ago.

:hmm:

IB-Staff
10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
have u ever think why media never raise voice against thousands of Malala who are victims of drones attack...i can share only 1-2 pic for u concern. bottom line they only want to mislead ppl about islam and they are doing all this stuff just to portrait Islam as religion of terrorist.

and at last every thing ends with "taliban has accepted the responsibility of the attack/incident".. this statement is now no more then a joke to us..

i question the existence of America in my country more than the existence of taliban...
kick the America out and there will be no taliban..! we Pakistani's believe in this..

The Messenger of Allah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said, ‘The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever.’ - Muslim

why do we speculate over issues which are so far from us that it is shrouded in obscurity.

we dont know. thats the truth. none of us knows whats going on over there at all
format_quote Originally Posted by a blog
I sincerely pray for the complete and speedy recovery of this daughter of ours from the physical harm inflicted upon her and ardently beseech Allah to keep her safe from the deceitful manipulations of her pseudo-sympathisers who harbour ulterior motives. I also earnestly implore Allah to heal her heart from any feelings of vendetta as well as cure her of the alien ideological & cultural influences that have captivated her mind.
With all that being said, I believe its time to close this thread.

i m sorry to say but Malala your incident got fame because you were famous.. if this was to happen with me none of you would had known. yes this is what happens here every day..

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!