/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't Be an EGOIST if You're a Practicing Muslim

Hulk
10-11-2012, 01:23 AM
An important reminder for all of us, especially us who use forums..
If you don't think this is for you, this is probably for you.

Below is just a snippet.

This is the full video.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
10-11-2012, 06:11 AM
I have watched the short video and think it's a great message - and not just for Muslims.

Hulk
10-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Alhamdulillah. As human beings we tend to be forgetful, reminders are always good :)

Pure Purple
10-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Jazakallah,for this reminder.
Once I had attended "3 days seminar on Discover yourself"This is organized by Sadathullah Khan all over the world. I was in no mood to attend this but it was made compulsory from my institute to attend this.
It was life changing experience.I think wouldn't have joined Ib again,as I had disabled my account bcoz fight with one of the issue with admin over here.
Main theme of this seminar was "Kill your ego",speaker had used quranic references to change your mind.
Part of this ,we are given an assignment to take genuine interview with your 15 family members,and friends.Ask them about your positive points and negatives about yourself.
My negative column only fill with "short tempered,tempered,tempered...........Almost everyone said this.Lots of positive points too.
But my mother said "You have an ego problem" in one or two things ,she was the only one who said this.At first I was nodding my head in negative ,Also I felt bad,I don't want to accept this.I thought deeply over it,Obviously she is my mother no one can know better than her.I accepted her.
2)Most of them said you are short tempered .......but my sister said no you are not short tempered you are emotional ........
I realize "There is always two was to look about a person'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
10-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience sis purple :)

Aprender
10-13-2012, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
But my mother said "You have an ego problem" in one or two things ,she was the only one who said this.At first I was nodding my head in negative ,Also I felt bad,I don't want to accept this.I thought deeply over it,Obviously she is my mother no one can know better than her.I accepted her.
2)Most of them said you are short tempered .......but my sister said no you are not short tempered you are emotional ........
I realize "There is always two was to look about a person'
Thank you for sharing this story with us sis. It made me smile. I just want to hug you right now.

White Rose
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
:jz: for the reminder. Definitely needed that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!