/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things to do RIGHT AFTER prayer

An Alien
10-11-2012, 04:03 AM
A new local mosque opened near my house and they imam and the people who follow him say a something different from what I've seen in other mosques.

Right after saying salam to the two angels on your left and right angels, they say La ilaha illallah x3 and then Muhammadur rusoollah (SAW). And THEN they say astaghfirullah and make dua. Is this an innovation? I mean saying la illaha illallah is a good thing to say, but they've made it a routine to say it after every farz prayer. And they read it out loud. I quietly read along. What do you guys thing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I've heard it was OK to say astaghfirullah 3 times after salah and also to do dhikr but seeing as I don't frequent a mosque and a revert who hasn't been in Islam for a long time, I am hoping someone else can help you answer this question in a more informed manner.

Hulk
10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Why don't you just ask them? I don't believe it is bid'ah.

An Alien
10-11-2012, 06:35 PM
I know if I ask them, they'll say there's nothing wrong with it. I just want to know from other Muslims' point of view, not theirs.

The imam is sort of arrogant sometimes. I don't like saying this about it, but that's why I don't really want to ask him. He's not a scholar or anything. He just studies Islam whenever he has some free time. Actually, these days he's on vacation (visit to Pakistan) so I'm the one who's leading prayers because none of the elders can read with proper tajweed (including the imam who's not here now). The reason why they make me lead the prayer (and I'm honored that God gave me a chance to do this act) is because I'm doing hifz so I know proper tajweed. Since I'm leading the prayer, I feel that I should know because if it's wrong, then Allah might question me on the day of judgement.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
:salamext:

You may have a look at: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/131850

And see what else you can find Insha'Allaah.

An Alien
10-14-2012, 11:10 AM
It is not permissible to recite out loud in unison; rather each person should recite to himself without paying attention to the voice of anyone else, because reciting dhikr in unison is an innovation for which there is no basis in Islam.
So I guess my suspicious were right. See guys, you should always question what you already know, and what you here from others. Also, you should try to confirm sources. This passing of information (word of mouth) is dangerous and can create innovations easily by people slightly changing the original saying, or mixing up the message, or over/under exaggerating it. I've seen this happen a lot and it's a huge problem in our ummah. Jazakhallah for the link brother Muhammad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!