/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drone attacks in Pakistan

glo
10-12-2012, 05:41 AM
I am starting this thread to raise awareness and understanding of the drone attacks in Pakistan and how it is affecting people and their ordinary lives.

I know these threads can get heated and angry very quickly - because it is hard to see the injustice and the pain others are suffering, and at the same time feeling helpless about it.

I am hoping this thread won't become like this, and will instead be a place were we can learn about the situation, pray for the people involved and hopefully find positive ways of becoming active ourselves, raise awareness and help.

Here is an article I found. Please add your own.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ductive-report

The study by Stanford and New York universities' law schools, based on interviews with victims, witnesses and experts, blames the US president, Barack Obama, for the escalation of "signature strikes" in which groups are selected merely through remote "pattern of life" analysis.

[...]

"The dominant narrative about the use of drones in Pakistan is of a surgically precise and effective tool that makes the US safer by enabling 'targeted killings' of terrorists, with minimal downsides or collateral impacts. This narrative is false," the report, entitled Living Under Drones, states.

The authors admit it is difficult to obtain accurate data on casualties "because of US efforts to shield the drone programme from democratic accountability, compounded by obstacles to independent investigation of strikes in North Waziristan".

[...]

The "best available information", they say, is that between 2,562 and 3,325 people have been killed in Pakistan between June 2004 and mid-September this year – of whom between 474 and 881 were civilians, including 176 children. The figures have been assembled by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, which estimated that a further 1,300 individuals were injured in drone strikes over that period.

[...]

"US drones hover 24 hours a day over communities in north-west Pakistan, striking homes, vehicles, and public spaces without warning," the American law schools report says.

"Their presence terrorises men, women, and children, giving rise to anxiety and psychological trauma among civilian communities. Those living under drones have to face the constant worry that a deadly strike may be fired at any moment, and the knowledge that they are powerless to protect themselves.

"These fears have affected behaviour. The US practice of striking one area multiple times, and evidence that it has killed rescuers, makes both community members and humanitarian workers afraid or unwilling to assist injured victims."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately I haven´t very much knowledge about situation in Pakistan but I think Pakistanis in those areas under 24 h conrol of drones feel in they daily life quite same than Gazans. I wonder this:

"US drones hover 24 hours a day over communities in north-west Pakistan, striking homes, vehicles, and public spaces without warning," the American law schools report says.

"Their presence terrorises men, women, and children, giving rise to anxiety and psychological trauma among civilian communities. Those living under drones have to face the constant worry that a deadly strike may be fired at any moment, and the knowledge that they are powerless to protect themselves.

"These fears have affected behaviour. The US practice of striking one area multiple times, and evidence that it has killed rescuers, makes both community members and humanitarian workers afraid or unwilling to assist injured victims."
What if Americans should live they everydays like that way - never knowing what happens in next second. Would they understand better situation in Pakistan for example?

Or would they just vote yes for new military operations (whats also are called as wars in somewhere very far from they homes)?

Periwinkle18
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Just pray i found out tht there was another drone attack in which duno how many civilians n children were martyred :(may Allah protect us frm all kinds of evils ameen I wish and pray with all my might that those involved in the drone attacks end up in the depths of hell and burn for eternity. Ameen

Periwinkle18
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
oh noo drone attack on a madressa 18 martyred :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

glo
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
What if Americans should live they everydays like that way - never knowing what happens in next second. Would they understand better situation in Pakistan for example?
I think it's one of the problems.
NONE of us in the Western world (whether US or Europe) have any idea of what it must be like to live with those daily threats. What it would be like to have to risk your life every time you go out into the street ...

I can see the pictures or news footage, but yet - if I am honest - I can only begin to imagine what it must be like for people.

However, I also think that there are many people who are against the involvement of allied forces in general and the drone attacks in particular. Again, the media don't really talk about those people. You often have to look in the right places to find them.

Hopefully, as we spread information and raise awareness, people will come to understand and the general opinion will change. (Out of interest, I checked in fb and found dozens of groups speaking out against the drone attacks. I know not everybody like fb, but it is a good platform to reach a lot of people!)

And of course, if we cannot do anything else, we should pray, pray, and PRAY some more for the people in Pakistan and other places.

Hulk
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
It really tells me how they view the lives of others as..

tigerkhan
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
:sl:
well i have been to all this area during my study at Peshawar university. i still have many uni friends from these area. these ppl (waziristani) they are not very politically aware to raise their voice to world and they are very simple ppl.even i am sure 70% of them cant take a photo from camera to show world what is happening to them. the only crime they have done is to fight for sovereign Afghanistan and Islamic system is Afghanistan.
the victims of drone attacks i assume is much more than whats is mentioned above. and honestly speaking much ratio is women and children. reason bcz drone is a targeted attack for single person (its much precise in position and direction). but when u came to know ur target is at (let suppose house # 11) and u hit that house, it will kill one target and 20 other ppl in home who r definitely women and children bcz i know in a typical wazirstani family 8-10 children is normal and mostly they have combined family system). very rare drone hit a target in a car or van and only target with other 1-2 ppl killed but its very rare (yes drone can hit targeted moving car). Mostly they hit houses, madrasa (islamic school) or hujra (guest house) and thus kill hundred of innocent. i still remember there was drone attack in Mahmand agency on madrassa and that kills more that 80 children studying there. the situation is much more that one can imagine and whole generation in that area is ruined by this war. shame on u America. they champion of hypocrisy and injustice.

YusufNoor
10-12-2012, 11:02 PM

beginning next year there WILL be drone attacks in America, if not worse.

:wa:

sister herb
10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
^o) What you might mean?

YusufNoor
10-12-2012, 11:37 PM
they already kill US citizens who were never charged with or convicted of any crime with drones. beginning next year, the Gestapo, excuse me, "Homeland Security" will deploy the first of 30,000 drones in the US.

Americans are brainwashed, but it's already happened outside the USA, ooops, the Former USA:

sister herb
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Shouldn´t we try to stop killing anyone by drones, not continue hating, generalization and killing more?

^o)

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Shouldn´t we try to stop killing anyone by drones, not continue hating, generalization and killing more?

^o)

in the US, states, cities and counties are corporations. these corporations are run by a few oligarchs, who now control those corporations without regard to individuals or individual rights. these people now control the Supreme Court, which is moving the rights once held by individuals over to the "states" as individuals. so any rights "we the people" once had, now belong to the government entities. these newly classified "individuals" only care about profit and greed. humans that aren't part of the oligarchy no longer matter. killing is good business for them, they acquire wealth through the making of arms, acquiring property and putting the rest of us in their debt [through making money, lending money and controlling the value of money].

it isn't and us vrs them [them being other people], it's corporation nation vrs people. Americans assist the under the delusion of patriotism, but they are not "defending America," they are instead assisting those corporations in making $$$$$. these corporations are now so "global" that they no longer need Americans. America will soon be caught in the same destructive vice and most of the rest of the world. and i'm pretty sure Americans will "hate" it when that happens...

as it is already, they are poisoning Americans with their water [fluoride], poisoning the air with chemtrails, manipulating the weather with chemtrails [putting farmers out of business, making money by insuring land they then destroy] and turning medicine into a petro chemical diet of poison, while converting the food supply to GMOs. the water, food, air and medicine have been poisoned and they are stealing everyone's wealth. AND NO ONE IS NOTICING!!!!

pretty soon, we'll be "back in Kansas," or rather "what's left" of Kansas.

joesixpack
10-13-2012, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

in the US, states, cities and counties are corporations. these corporations are run by a few oligarchs, who now control those corporations without regard to individuals or individual rights. these people now control the Supreme Court, which is moving the rights once held by individuals over to the "states" as individuals. so any rights "we the people" once had, now belong to the government entities. these newly classified "individuals" only care about profit and greed. humans that aren't part of the oligarchy no longer matter. killing is good business for them, they acquire wealth through the making of arms, acquiring property and putting the rest of us in their debt [through making money, lending money and controlling the value of money].

it isn't and us vrs them [them being other people], it's corporation nation vrs people. Americans assist the under the delusion of patriotism, but they are not "defending America," they are instead assisting those corporations in making $$$$$. these corporations are now so "global" that they no longer need Americans. America will soon be caught in the same destructive vice and most of the rest of the world. and i'm pretty sure Americans will "hate" it when that happens...

as it is already, they are poisoning Americans with their water [fluoride], poisoning the air with chemtrails, manipulating the weather with chemtrails [putting farmers out of business, making money by insuring land they then destroy] and turning medicine into a petro chemical diet of poison, while converting the food supply to GMOs. the water, food, air and medicine have been poisoned and they are stealing everyone's wealth. AND NO ONE IS NOTICING!!!!

pretty soon, we'll be "back in Kansas," or rather "what's left" of Kansas.

You were on a roll until you hit the part about fluroidation of water and chemtrails. I agree fully with the first two paragraphs.

White Rose
10-13-2012, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by joesixpack
You were on a roll until you hit the part about fluroidation of water and chemtrails. I agree fully with the first two paragraphs.
Just curious, why do you disagree with that part?

joesixpack
10-13-2012, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ارجمند
Just curious, why do you disagree with that part?
Fluoridation of water in North America has lead to a significant improvement in dental health, and there have actually been no negative side effects. In fact, in much of the US, well water has naturally occurring fluoride. This is how public health workers first discovered the benefits of fluoride. Chemtrails are a baseless conspiracy theory. There has been absolutely nothing to indicate that condensation trails from aircraft are anything but hot exhaust from the burning of fuel.

It is important to separate the wheat from the chaff when you hear all the anti-government and anti-corporate conspiracy theories. There are real threats to your freedom and health, and there are just plain old baseless conspiracy theories. People aren't being abducted by UFOs, the Bermuda Triangle is no more dangerous to fly over than any other stretch of ocean, and there's no Loch Ness Monster.

joesixpack
10-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Oh, and law enforcement agencies ARE IN FACT beginning to use drones over the US. I'll try and find a link to the info.

joesixpack
10-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Sorry, I can't post a link, :embarrassbut you can google "US law enforcement using drones"

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 05:00 AM

maybe a little less time drinkin' and a little more time lookin'!

fluoride that is put into our drinking water is not pharmaceutical grade fluoride, it is the toxic chemical waste from phosphate fertilizer manufacturing. it destroys your brain and weakens your body. watch this:

if that is too long for you:

the best video on chemtrails is this one:

peace!

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Sorry, I can't post a link, :embarrassbut you can google "US law enforcement using drones"

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Fluoridation of water in North America has lead to a significant improvement in dental health, and there have actually been no negative side effects. In fact, in much of the US, well water has naturally occurring fluoride. This is how public health workers first discovered the benefits of fluoride. Chemtrails are a baseless conspiracy theory. There has been absolutely nothing to indicate that condensation trails from aircraft are anything but hot exhaust from the burning of fuel.

It is important to separate the wheat from the chaff when you hear all the anti-government and anti-corporate conspiracy theories. There are real threats to your freedom and health, and there are just plain old baseless conspiracy theories. People aren't being abducted by UFOs, the Bermuda Triangle is no more dangerous to fly over than any other stretch of ocean, and there's no Loch Ness Monster.
there have actually been no negative side effects

theory disproven?

shortest video on subject i could find:

In fact, in much of the US, well water has naturally occurring fluoride.
the fluoride found in well water is calcium fluoride, the stuff in our water is sodium fluoride. "Sodium Fluoride is a synthetic waste product of the nuclear, aluminium, and phosphate fertilizer industries. This fluoride has an amazing capacity to combine and increase the potency of other toxic materials. The sodium fluoride obtained from industrial waste and added to water supplies is also already contaminated with lead, aluminum, and cadmium. It damages the liver and kidneys, weakens the immune system, possibly leading to cancer, creates symptoms that mimic fibromyalgia, and performs as a Trojan Horse to carry aluminum across the blood brain barrier."

source:

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/05/27/f...s-bad-for-you/

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 01:10 PM

my first awareness of chemtrails was from this video:

i spend 45 to 55 hours a week driving around Seattle, Auburn, Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Enumclaw, Black Diamond, Maple Valley and sometimes Burien, Tukwila, Seatac and Des Moines. i drive between 5:00am and 6:00pm. just after watching Aerosol Crimes, i began observing the trails. i sent a link to my boss. one day, we watched the ENTIRE sky get painted from sun up to sundown. we KNEW it was happening, but didn't know what it was.

later, this documentary was put out:

while compiling videos to put on dvd, i came across a video explaining how chemtrails are used to modify thr weather and that ALL 50 STATES have chemtrails for weather modification IN THEIR BUDGET!!!

most of the stuff i have posted i have put on dvd. you live in the NW, i will gladly give you some copies of those dvds if you can make it to Seatac

peace

YusufNoor
10-13-2012, 08:03 PM
still waiting for joetwelvepack to say that these don't exist:

and of course to deny that "weather modification" happens, except that you CAN get a special permit for it in Washington state!!

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/publicat...wac173495.html

here is the regulation for you to do just that!
WAC 173-495-045 Requirements for a regular license. All
applicants for a weather modification license must be certified
professional members of the American Meteorological Society or
possess the academic achievements and professional experience
necessary to receive such a certification. In cases where the
applicant is an organization, the individual or individuals who
will be in control and in charge of the weather modification and
control activities must be required to meet the above standard.

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/publicat.../wac173495.pdf

and a few companies that do some work in the field:

http://www.weathermodification.org/

complete with interactive map:

http://www.weathermodification.org/projectlocations.php

and another company:

http://www.weathermodification.com/

with a description of seeding agents:

http://www.weathermodification.com/cloud-seeding.php

and some of the planes that they use:

http://www.weathermodification.com/aircraft.php

joe must be Egyptian cuz he's living in Da Nile!

peace

sister herb
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Sorry I had no idea what flouride water in USA make with drone attacks in Pakistan. Does fluoride water destroys brains of all Americans that they can´t do more than vote yes to more wars?

^o)

They fluoride water in here Finland too but we aren´t attacking to Pakistan. Maybe we have different brains?

What if try to stay on topic.

YusufNoor
10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Sorry I had no idea what flouride water in USA make with drone attacks in Pakistan. Does fluoride water destroys brains of all Americans that they can´t do more than vote yes to more wars?

^o)

They fluoride water in here Finland too but we aren´t attacking to Pakistan. Maybe we have different brains?

What if try to stay on topic.

sorry Sister,

actually, the water in Finland is NOT fluoridated:

Finland banned fluoridation altogether when a study in the 1980s revealed that osteoporosis sufferers had extremely high levels of fluoride in their bones. Ireland has one of the highest rates of osteoporosis in the world. Compared to Northern Ireland, where the water is fluoride free, the level of hip replacements in the Republic is almost 12 times higher.
In 1984, Procter and Gamble, manufacturers of Colgate toothpaste, admitted that a small tube of toothpaste contains enough fluoride to kill a child. Following a ruling by the US Federal Drugs Administration, American toothpaste now comes with a warning which states that if more than a pea-sized amount is swallowed, a Poison Control Centre must be contacted immediately.
In the 1970s, Dr. Albert Schatz, the scientist who invented the antibiotic Streptomycin, found that water fluoridation in Latin America was linked to higher rates of infant mortality and deaths resulting from congenital malformation. His findings convinced the Chilean government to abandon fluoridation for good.
http://www.nofluoride.com/irish_independent.cfm

the fluoride used in drinking water is not the same as that found in nature, it is basically rat poison. it destroys certain areas of the brain. it also adversely effects genes and causes cancer. Prozac is 94% fluorine. the studies done in order to determine just how much of this poison "were good for you" were done at a time when this poison was just beginning to be introduced. let's say that that particular amount wasn't deadly AT THAT TIME. NOW, however, fluoride is everywhere else! it is in soda pop, juices made from concentrate that water [with fluoride in it] is added to, it is in the water used to irrigate crops. some studies have have shown that lead absorption is increased where fluoride is present.

here's my point:

Americans, especially urban ones, are "medicated" with something similar to Prozac, but without any kind of doctor monitoring the process. silver iodide, with aluminum, barium and strontium are sprayed into the air. Monsanto's deadly roundup is the most used herbicide on agriculture. Aspartame, another deadly toxin, is widely used as a sugar substitute. thus, the water, food and air are toxic cocktails. breathing is the number 3 cause of death in the USA. GMOs aren't even labeled, and the vast majority of corn[85-95%] and soy [90%] used in food production are GMO. TRY to find ANY manufactured food item that does not contain one of those 2 ingredients! it is almost impossible.

if you look at all of those items cumulatively, i would say that Americans have been under attack for decades, and this doesn't include the literal attacks done against the American people in various "experiments." my opinion is that this is all being done ON PURPOSE! Americans are brainwashed zombies being pumped full of cancer and GMOs. the stage is being set for purges[death and captivity] of millions of Americans, not unlike similar situations i Nazi Germany, Russia and China.

consider this:

President Obama has decided that it is OK to assassinate Americans who have NEVER even been charged with a crime.

some of these assassinations are carried out by drone.

there are to be 30,000 drones in the US skies by 2020.

state and county authorities come under Homeland Security.

Police use deadly force.

a killer drone is deadly force.

getting the picture?

now, where the fluoride comes in is this: how many Americans have you heard complaining about what i just wrote?

and, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

considering that a Muslim who gets killed unjustly has a pretty good chance at getting into Jennah, in sha'a Allah, what is going to happen to the brainwashed zombies who let all this stuff happen?

eh?

sister herb
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
And what all this flouride has to do with drones in Pakistan?

:heated:

YusufNoor
10-14-2012, 12:57 PM

i'm sorry, i thought i was answering that...

1 i do not think that there are many sane rational people in the US that even realize the situation,

2 the tables will soon be turned on them

[3 not possible without the fluoride]

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
However, I also think that there are many people who are against the involvement of allied forces in general and the drone attacks in particular. Again, the media don't really talk about those people. You often have to look in the right places to find them.
My opinion is that most people in USA have very little knowledge about what is going on in the world and relatively few have compassion for anyone outside of the USA. Americans generally don't think very much beyond what the media spoon feeds them and the media is controlled by the very elite people behind the atrocities being commited by USA including the illegal wars against Afghanistan and Iraq and drone attacks in Pakistan, Yemen, etc. Americans don't even question the veracity of what they have been told about the 9/11 attacks killing 3,000 Americans.

Brother Yusuf was on a roll there before he got side tracked by the other things that bother him, but he very well could be right about drone attacks inside the USA. I expect that if it comes, it will be precipitated by a dramatic downturn in the economy with rampant inflation and austere cuts to social welfare programs. When the American standard of living plummets, people will begin to protest and riot which will be met with crushing force and massive imprisonments. Laws are already in place, including the Patriot Act and National Defense Authorization Act, that take away key civil and judicial rights that Americans have had in the past and set the stage for martial law in the USA. http://amberlyonlive.com/2012/10/10/...s-journalists/

If there is an economic collapse, I expect that there will be drone attacks in USA as well as the death squads, disappearances and torture that were used against the people in Latin America and elsewhere to control the masses by terror. The book by Naomi Klein, 'The Shock Doctrine' http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine makes the case that this is all about the implementation of the capitalistic economic policies espoused by Milton Friedman at the University of Chicago. Unrestricted and unregulated capitalism ruthlessly expoits the world's resources and the masses of humanity to maximize corporate profits. Americans are under the false pretense that they are somehow 'special' and that drone attacks, death squads and torture will never happen here against them.

Muhammad
10-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Some posts have been moved to a new thread, discussing a separate topic: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...oesixpack.html

YusufNoor
10-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Abby gets into a discussion on the American views on drone strikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbFdl...ature=g-user-u

this was a bit more general:

and another:

IslamicRevival
11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Brave American Woman speaks out against drone attacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pZ4cSaTNU See how the truth is censored?

جوري
11-21-2012, 12:03 AM
So much for freedom of speech ha, the way she spoke against the killing of a man and his 16 year old son simply because they don't like what he has to say!
how long can this kind of politics be sustained and the bigger question is why are we silent about it in our countries on the boards and everywhere?

glo
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Brave American Woman speaks out against drone attacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pZ4cSaTNU See how the truth is censored?
What an admirable woman!

glo
11-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Actually she is lucky to just be carried from the venue.
In other places somebody who speaks out against those in power/government would be beaten brutally or even killed ... imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!