/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Point me to this?

peaceandlove
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Well, I am not remembering whether this is in Quran or hadis, its summary it like that donot say or do any thing which you donot like to be done by yourself.

Can you please point me to ayat number if its in quran or its a hadis?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
10-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Not sure but there is a Hadith that says something along the lines of "A true believer wants/loves for his brother what he wants/loves for himself".

Scimitar
10-17-2012, 12:46 PM
“None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.”—An-Nawawi's Forty Hadith 13 (p. 56)

glo
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
“None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.”—An-Nawawi's Forty Hadith 13 (p. 56)
Does this apply to ALL people or just fellow Muslims?

Peaceandlove, perhaps you had this verse from the Bible in mind?
"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
10-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Allah tells us to treat everyone with justice even non-believers.

glo
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
Allah tells us to treat everyone with justice even non-believers.
Thank you, WRITER. :)
Do you have a quote from the Quran or Hadith on this?

Muwaahid
10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove
Well, I am not remembering whether this is in Quran or hadis, its summary it like that donot say or do any thing which you donot like to be done by yourself.

Can you please point me to ayat number if its in quran or its a hadis?
O you who have believed, why do you say what you donot do? [61:2]

Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do. [61:3]

There is a great site that has multiple translations of the Qur'aan with a great search engine at www.quran.com I highly recommend the Muhsin Khan Translation because it seems to be the most accurate as the translation. I hope this is helpful.

glo
10-17-2012, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid
I hope you don't mind, but I don't think that's what brother peaceandlove was asking for. He was asking for quotes relating to not doing to others what you wouldn't like other doing to you, not saying things which you then don't do.
(If that makes sense) :)

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 05:51 PM
verse from Quran about being just:

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. (4:135)

Hulk
10-17-2012, 06:17 PM
There is no place in Islam for oppression(whatever form), that means we are not allowed to oppress and neither are we suppose to sit back while someone is being oppressed.

Some people only want to talk about "peace and love" without any violence but stop and think for one second. Can peace be achieved through injustice? Can peace be achieved through oppression? When oppression/injustice is prevalent then it must be stopped; with physical force if necessary(taking into account knowledge before action).

Sahih Muslim Hadith 79
Narrated by Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

I heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) as saying: ‘He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do that, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do even that, then he should (at least abhor it) from his heart; and that is the least of faith.”

peaceandlove
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid

There is a great site that has multiple translations of the Qur'aan with a great search engine at www.quran.com I highly recommend the Muhsin Khan Translation because it seems to be the most accurate as the translation. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks , I am just looking for those ayats in Quran.

Tyrion
10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Does this apply to ALL people or just fellow Muslims?
I heard in a lecture (by Hamza Yusuf I think, but I'm not sure) that most people throughout history, scholars included, have taken this saying to refer to brothers (and sisters :p:) in humanity. It's also pretty standard knowledge too, I think most people can figure that much out by themselves.

glo
10-18-2012, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
have taken this saying to refer to brothers (and sisters ) in humanity.
Even sisters, eh?! LOL ;D

Hulk
10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
It's also remember to take care of those close to you first.

Abdullah Ibn Musawir narrated: "I heard Ibn Abbas mention Ibn Az-Zubair saying that he was a miser, then he said: I heard the messenger of Allah say: He is not a believer who eats his fill whilst his neighbor beside him goes hungry"
(Bukhari, op. cit, hadith no.112, al-Hakim, vol. 4, p 167 a similar report given by al-Bazzar, hadith no. 119)

Sh. Hamza mentioned one guy who left out biscuits for ants to eat as he thought of those ants as his neighbours.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!