/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Inspired by Writing] Can you put this picture into words?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I thought about this for a while now. How many of us can put a picture like below into truelly transcendent words? In a way that can actually, without seeing this picture, enable us to visualise it in an even more beautiful way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-17-2012, 03:49 PM
expulsion from eden

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
really?

expulsion?

you dont think the picture surmises transcendence towards eden?

and also i meant write a paragraph in which that whole picture can be visualised in a more beautiful form.

expulsion from eden makes me picture the clouds seperating and gods creatures falling towards the earth... no stairs

جوري
10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
guess it depends on the direction of the stairs :haha: people don't fly toward earth from heaven- do they? they take the steps there on their own recognizance :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
staircase to heaven

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
lol would htose words really help you visualise an extremely beautiful picture?

how about this picture

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
earthrise

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 04:45 PM
lol this threads turned into

"explain the following picture in as little words as possible"

joyous fairy
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Steps towards the light of heaven..

Or, in a much less fancy way..

Ladder in a golden sky full of clouds.. Leading towards a sun above. :p

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 05:06 PM
ok how about: the sky was blue and empty, going on for infinity but not as empty as my heart felt on this sad day. the scene should've made me happy but when you're this sad, nothing can cheer you up. and i knew change would not come. life would never be the same. just then i noticed a ball in the beautiful blue sky. it looked like a huge planet, almost like the pictures of the earht i had seen so many times. only this seemed to be coming nearer and nearer, seeminly rolling toward the earth. before i knew what was happening, there was a horrible crashing sound and a shaking i had never felt, plunging me toward a far distance. the earht had been hit. that was my last thought before i lost consciousness.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
ok how about: the sky was blue and empty, going on for infinity but not as empty as my heart felt on this sad day. the scene should've made me happy but when you're this sad, nothing can cheer you up. and i knew change would not come. life would never be the same. just then i noticed a ball in the beautiful blue sky. it looked like a huge planet, almost like the pictures of the earht i had seen so many times. only this seemed to be coming nearer and nearer, seeminly rolling toward the earth. before i knew what was happening, there was a horrible crashing sound and a shaking i had never felt, plunging me toward a far distance. the earht had been hit. that was my last thought before i lost consciousness.

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.

but still wouldnt let me visualise that picture (harsh but true !)

hey im not saying I could do any better... hmm

lets have a go

"I stood on the stony blue ledge and gazed upon the brilliant blue earth rising before me. The skies had parted but what revealed itself wasn't a deeply dark space, no, rather a tranquil sky with white stars from the far distance could be seen twinkling brightly. The earth however was strange... as though Land and Human life had not yet formed. It was blue and white from its clouds and water. It was fresh... it had yet its whole story to tell..."

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 05:16 PM
well, it's good but if you need to use adjectives (such as brilliant) then you're not describing well enough.

i admit i'm not so good at descriptions. it's one part of my writing that i need to work on. scene description is really important.

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 05:17 PM
also, maybe you shold include something about the icy blue mountain.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
lol im no good at writing sis. I only read non-fiction thats probably why

yeh I didnt feel too good using those adjectives either tbh

Endymion
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Assalamu Alaikum

I thought about this for a while now. How many of us can put a picture like below into truelly transcendent words? In a way that can actually, without seeing this picture, enable us to visualise it in an even more beautiful way.

Okay,im going to try this one.As im an infant in this field,no one is allowed to make fun of me ^o)

Here i go.**Gulp**

Her heart was full of grief and sadness and sleep was far away from her eyes so she stood up,offer two rakahs and opened her heart before her Rabb,said every thing to Him,the one who knows everything,who has the power over everything and who console in the best way.After crying much,she felt lighter and her heart was filled with peace.She went to bed and fall in a deep,sweet sleep.She saw a dream where she was walking alone in a deep,dark jungle where there were trees like monsters and darkness was deep like disappointment.But she kept walking and suddenly,she saw a ray of light.She ran towards it and when she reached it,she stuck.It was the light of clouds.Yes,clouds.Clouds all around the place.Bright,soft,white.Like the wings of angels.Like the glory of good deeds.She was fearless,calm,happy,headless.She stepped in and walk between the clouds.She walk and walk and then,she saw a ladder.A ladder from earth to heavens.She went near and start climbing up.Every single step that she was taking of that bright,cold,white ladder,she was feeling herself full of bliss and tranquility.When she reached in the middle,an echoed voice said,"Those who believed and used to fear Allah much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds).
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world, and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allah, this is indeed the supreme success.

And with this,her dream ended,she woke up and look at her mother who was calling her for break fast.

:-[

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM
well played sis. well played

Endymion
10-17-2012, 06:42 PM
:jz: brother :-[:-[

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM

scary one this time...

Muezzin
10-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Trampolines made of fire rock like hell.

Muhaba
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
the sun has come too close to the earth

an ocean of fire

Scimitar
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM
rose tinted glasses aren't what they're cracked up to be :D

Haya emaan
10-18-2012, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

scary one this time...
may i try..? but m sorry i made the whole story scene out of it.. (forgive me for my poor english..)

On one of the hot sunny days of summer when sky turns red, throwing anger on the chest of earth and burning the living lands, have you ever dreamed yourself standing on the edge of a mountain at an unimaginable height, waiting for your turn to cross the path; a narrow path, narrower than a hair, leading to the other mountain edge ; the destiny of success. and beneath which, can be seen endless flames of hell fire waiting for its food; live flesh. your cloths wet and heart beats clearly heard. you look back. there's a long que. no way to turn back. you step forward but stop at a scream. some one has failed to reach the destiny and fallen to be eaten by the hungry angry flames. sadly he was the one who just started the journey. oh look theres other one. he fell but grabed some ones leg. may be some hope is left may be he thinks that powerless humanity will save him or may be he dont want to loose alone he will take the other man with him. how selfish of him! time is going out of your hands. you realize it but again you hear another scream. who is this? the one who was about to reach the destiny? how did he fell ? he was so near to success..
but success was not written in his fate..
now you are more worried. the fear of falling down graps your feet and prevents you from moving. but wait! look whos that! waving hands on the other end.. a hope?? yes he crossed the path. he found the cold shadows of old trees to save himself from scorching sun. he won the battle, he defeated the shaytan.. and he is not alone some one is standing behind him.
now you can feel life in your viens. your soul singing of the greatness of Him for whom your earthy life's struggles meant for and your heart reciting the beautiful verses from his words. you move on...

sohail1234
05-22-2013, 04:56 AM
assalam o alikum
according to my set of mind. You can't reach to Allah Almighty directly. You have to take the assistance of Wali and Payghamber to approach ALLAH ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!