/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is IGNORANCE?

aminah_naila
10-18-2012, 10:13 AM
What is IGNORANCE?

: The state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

IGNORANCE IN MODESTY

Ignorance is talking about your husband 24/7 and including "we" with every other sentence. ( your private affairs should be kept to yourself, I'm sure your husband wouldn't appreciate you talking about him to other women :p )

Ignorance is wearing a hijab that is practically falling off your head, exposing half of your hairs.

Ignorance is thinking that it's not mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an that it is necessary to wear hijab and dress modestly.

Ignorance is all the hijabi websites out there thinking that wearing light makeup, stylish clothes that hug the hips exposing your waist size and breast size and considering it as "modest." ( if you have daleel (proof) from the Qur'an and Sunnah that its ok to wear makeup in public, please kindly do share with us all).

Ignorance is ALL those hijabi's posing all ---- with lips puckered up in their photo's sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other social networking site (*SHAKE MY HEAD* DO YOUR PARENTS KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING? ALLAH IS WATCHING YOU).

Ignorance is the one who talks with a soft alluring voice in front of non-mahram.

Ignorance is thinking there is NOTHING wrong with having non-mahrams as friends.

Ignorance is mixing with non-mahrams thinking its OK because it is 2012.

Ignorance is SOAKING your eyes in black eyeliner, and eye shadow when wearing a niqab

Ignorance is when you don't know how to lower your gaze and you blog about how proud you are about "checking out that guy" (astughfurAllah)

Ignorance is thinking modesty only applies to physical appearance.

Ignorance is showing off your kids to the whole world forgetting about HASAD (May Allah protect us from evil!).

Ignorance is trying to argue that it is HALAL to wear makeup in public when they have no daleel to back it up.

IGNORANCE IN CHARACTER & MANNERS

Ignorance is thinking that just because you wear hijab/niqab, your allowed to have bad character , bad behaviour be loud, obnoxious, and rude.

Ignorance is showing off what you have to others because they don't have it.

Ignorance is reading this post and still not greeting your sisters with Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu & Walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu, after learning about the countless blessings it brings.

Ignorance is when someone talks to you in slang and sarcasm thinking it is O.K with you because they think they "KNOW" you.

Ignorance is not being able to forgive people and just LET IT GO ( admittingly, I'm working on this).

Ignorance is thinking no one can hear you when you backbite that other sister (did you forget Allah is ALL-HEARING,ALL- KNOWING, ALL-SEEING?).

Ignorance is judging someone's husband to be a certain way because you have encountered many men from the same country to be ...." a certain way"... (let us remember, what doesn't concern us is none of our business)

Ignorance is wasting food, making faces at food you don't like, and playing with food.

Ignorance is bragging about "don't mess with me when I'm angry" on your Facebook status (tell me, is this Muslim behaviour?)

Ignorance is having bad manners (plain and simple).

Ignorance is NOT knowing what bad manners is.

IGNORANCE IN THE RELIGION

Ignorance is showing off to revert Muslims, thinking you know more about the deen than they do, just because they are "reverts"

Ignorance is remembering Allah only when you are in trouble or in need.

Ignorance is COMPROMISING with the KUFFAR to show then that Muslims "have fun" too by copying their lifestyle (AKA, watching shows, listening to music, posting yourself on you tube dancing to celebrities)

Ignorance is following blindly (taqleed) a scholar, or a "scholar" (AKA, daiee) and sticking only to their fatwas and teachings because they admire them and following what they say even though it is not from the Qur'an and Sunnah (note: this is a form of worship which is also considered shirk)

Ignorance is when you don't know how to be humble and you show off about your good deeds to others, seeking praise from them

Ignorance is when you have so much money that you don't want to give it away as sadaqah or you postponing zakat.

Ignorance is thinking Allah doesnt' know what you're doing, who you're talking to, how you're behaving, and what you're thinking.

Ignorance is thinking you will be alive to make it to Hajj and repent then, but in the mean time "let's party, get drunk and have girlfriends/boyfriends"

(...This list is every day encounters I've witnessed, and then researching and learning from Qur'an and Ahadith what is haram, halal, mustahab, & makrooh).

It is truly amazing how much you learn about your deen when you deal with people Subhana'Allah.

May Allah protect us from ignorance and give us the taufiq to learn, study, understand, and apply our knowledge the proper way according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa2012
10-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmat Allaahi wa barakaatuh,

May Allaah reward you for sharing what you believe to be ignorance.

The scholars of Islam have classified all actions into 5 categories.

Waajib- Obligatory
Masnoon - Recommended
Mubah - Allowed
Makrooh - Detested
Haraam- Prohibited

Ignorance is reading this post and still not greeting your sisters with Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu & Walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu, after learning about the countless blessings it brings.
As far as I remember, it is not waajib to use the full form of the greeting so this would not be ignorance from a Shari' perspective.

aminah_naila
10-19-2012, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
As far as I remember, it is not waajib to use the full form of the greeting so this would not be ignorance from a Shari' perspective.
Assalamu alaikum Brother

Thank you for your comment,and yes you are right.

Anyway, as I wrote this text, I was sitting in my own thoughts and I had an talk with my Husband about my view on "IGNORANCE" He thought it was an good idea to write down,so I simply went on and didn't think of it.

But yes, its right we are not by Shari'a forced the full greeting.....anyway I believe it is very nice to be greeted with that.

Haramain
10-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Subhanallah!Great Post Sister!! May Allah give us all the ability to stay away from all these acts and help us educate oursleves..Aameen :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa2012
10-19-2012, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminah_naila
Assalamu alaikum Brother

Thank you for your comment,and yes you are right.

Anyway, as I wrote this text, I was sitting in my own thoughts and I had an talk with my Husband about my view on "IGNORANCE" He thought it was an good idea to write down,so I simply went on and didn't think of it.

But yes, its right we are not by Shari'a forced the full greeting.....anyway I believe it is very nice to be greeted with that.
You're welcome.

I think you're post was very beneficial.

I know you said you checked each point before posting but I just happened to remember the ruling on greetings so I thought I'd mention it.

May Allaah reward you for your efforts.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-19-2012, 03:30 PM
nice share

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!