/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whts happenin ? often IB is down ?

Mr.President
10-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Y whats happening ? IB is down ? y any problem with server ? come on guys ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
How can it be down if you just started a thread :hmm:

~Zaria~
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I am also having this problem - Ive just managed to log on now, after 24 hours.

(Sometimes I think its Allahs way of telling me that Im spending too much time here : ) )

This appears to be a problem for a long time with LI/ IB - there are threads (on other forums) from ~2007/8 regarding these error messages.

Im not sure if there is any solution to this......

One person mentioned that Kasperky antiviral software is responsible for blocking this site (and I also happen to have this on my laptop).

Ive tried deleting my on-line history and cookies and restarting.....but this rarely helps.

Apart from this, I am often unable to access certain pages in some threads (im not sure if these errors are related).

Admin/ mods - pls help insha Allah?

JazakAllah khayrun

:wa:

Muhammad
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
:wasalamex

We apologise for the trouble with the server - a technical team have already looked into this issue in the past, but we will try to get someone to have another look Insha'Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
I get a dns failure error often.

Periwinkle18
10-22-2012, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
I get a dns failure error often.
same here happens to me wen m at work buh it works perfectly fine at home duno y :S

AabiruSabeel
10-22-2012, 11:25 PM
:sl:

Is it possible for you all to maintain a spreadsheet with the following information for 2 weeks and then email it to us?

1. Time and Date whenever the forum was inaccessible (Don't forget to mention your time zone)
2. Your country
3. Name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
4. The error message that you see

The technical team is requesting this information to further investigate the cause of the problem.

:jz:

Muhaba
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
it happens like all the time. even now, it happened. sometimes i have to refresh several times before i can log on. sometimes I can't log on at all. it gives me the error: DNS server failure. unable to connect to dns server.

Muhaba
10-23-2012, 05:19 PM
it happened just moments ago and gave me the message:

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.
could it be that the host computer for IB doesn't allow many ppl logging on at once or something and that is causing the problem?

~Zaria~
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Is it possible for you all to maintain a spreadsheet with the following information for 2 weeks and then email it to us?

1. Time and Date whenever the forum was inaccessible (Don't forget to mention your time zone)
2. Your country
3. Name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
4. The error message that you see

The technical team is requesting this information to further investigate the cause of the problem.

:jz:

Wa-alaikumsalam,

Ive been struggling to log on for the past few hours.
1. Time: Mostly occurs in the evenings (after 8pm) and mornings.
2. XXX
3. XXX
4. Server not found, Firefox can't find the server at www.islamicboard.com.

Ps. ive just tried shutting down my laptop, removing and re-inserting the hard drive...... and then restarting.......and I was able to log on again.
(yet when I only restarted (without removing the hard drive) it did not work.

Does that make sense? : /

~Zaria~
10-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Is it just me, or is this server-error occurring more frequently for everyone? : /

Ive havent been able to log-on for most of the afternoon......

Muhaba
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
a couple of things that work for me sometimes but not always are:
refreshing the page a few times if i'm not able to log on immediately.

deleting temporary internet files. this worked in the past for some other forum.

~Zaria~
10-28-2012, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
a couple of things that work for me sometimes but not always are:
refreshing the page a few times if i'm not able to log on immediately.

deleting temporary internet files. this worked in the past for some other forum.

I think Ive tried everything now - shutting down and restarting, removing hard-drive, deleting browsing history and cookies as well as repeatedly tapping on 'Try Again' icon.......

I knew this site was going to be beneficial for me - its training me in sabr (patience) as well ;p

AabiruSabeel
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM

The technical team is requesting everyone to inculde your IP address too in the spreadsheet that you maintain. For those who have not started yet, a spreadsheet can be created using Microsoft Excel. Just label three columns as Time/Date, IP address and Error Description and fill out those columns for at least two weeks. We will provide an email address for you later :ia: to mail the spreadsheets to us.

To find your own address you can visit http://whatismyipaddress.com/

:jz: for your patience.

InToTheRain
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
I tried to log in at times from work only to be told my "Ip address has been banned".
look at how long it's taken me to successfully log in! What's with the beef bruvs :(

Wa Salam

AabiruSabeel
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
I tried to log in at times from work only to be told my "Ip address has been banned".
look at how long it's taken me to successfully log in! What's with the beef bruvs :(

Wa Salam

I don't think we ever banned you from the forums. Can you please send your work IP address to me by PM so that we can try to find out why it is in the banned list?

InToTheRain
10-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Ill let you know bro; i don't think it's a ban on me but for some reason the particular IP range I have at work had didn't work. Jazak Allah

P.S: I have I only attempted to log in three times or so from work so don't pay too much mind to what I have said about not been able to log in all this time lol :)

nairu
10-29-2012, 01:54 PM
1. Friday 26.12.2012 | 20:37 MET
2. Germany
3. Vodafone
4. This page is currently not available

~Zaria~
10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Ive attempted to log in from fajr......and have only been successful now (its almost maghrib).

And Ive just realised that it was my battery that I was removing (not my hard-drive!)........forgive me, I am a girl......and seriously technologically clueless! ;(
For some reason, that seemed to work (im not sure why)......maybe it erases its memory (or something? ;( ).......but now, nothing works at all.

Just label three columns as Time/Date, IP address and Error Description and fill out those columns for at least two weeks.
2 weeks!

Thats it.....im joining ummahforum!

Ok, im kidding.
Will start recording these from now insha Allah.

nairu
10-29-2012, 04:30 PM
sry i meant:

1. Friday 26.10.2012 | 20:37 MET

AabiruSabeel
10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nairu
1. Friday 26.12.2012 | 20:37 MET
2. Germany
3. Vodafone
4. This page is currently not available

Please don't post the details here. Keep a record of them with you and later on we'll inform you how to send that info to us.

A-Brother
10-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Iv Been Getting This Problem For 1 Year. Sometimes I Cant View The Forum From My Phone For Hours And Sometimes Days However If I Connect Through Wifi Then No Problem. But When I Connect Through 3G It Will Work Very Rarely But Sometimes It Does. Sometimes I Reload So Many Times I Tend To Feel IB Is Missing Out On Something Other Forums Have As This Is A Reoccurring Problem Which I Never Face With Other Forums.

AabiruSabeel
11-15-2012, 04:38 AM

:jz: to those who maintained the record and sent it to us. For those who have not done so yet, please send me a PM I'll provide you an email where you can send your spreadsheet.

~Zaria~
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Assalamu-alaikum brothers,

Any updates?

I think Im spending more time trying to log onto IB, then actually being on it..... : /

Ive noticed that I usually dont have problems in the late evening.....which is often past my bed-time......

Hope theres good news for us soon, insha Allah.

Mr.President
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Its the same ! couple of days before IB worked for me but again it stopped working ! now I can access again ! :raging:

Beardo
12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
As per the Announcements section, we hope this issue will be resolved during a site cleanup this Saturday night. The forum will temporarily be down during the process. Apologies for the inconveniences!

Mr.President
12-13-2012, 06:06 PM
wow jzakkallah kyr admin nice 2 her tht btw this is the first time I am seeing the admin post !

I thought all admins has username colored red !

Signor
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
As per the Announcements section, we hope this issue will be resolved during a site cleanup this Saturday night. The forum will temporarily be down during the process. Apologies for the inconveniences!
I thought this was going to be done on 21st Dec 2012;D..joking

I have problems of logging in here since more than a year but I am used to of it,so no complains

~Zaria~
12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Just wanted to say that the forum is working perfectly for me, Alhamdulillah! I hope its working well for everyone else too!
No more server errors : )
No more frozen threads : )

JazakAllah khair to all those involved!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!