/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 5,600 years since humanity began?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
According to a hadith narrated by many scholars, including Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, the great hadith scholar and founder of the Hanbali school, in his ‘Ilal, our Prophet (saas) refers to the beginning of a new calendar, saying, the time that had passed in the world up until him was 5,600 years. Ismail bin Abdul Karim said from Abdussamed and he from Vahb that:

Five thousand six hundred years have passed from this world.

Al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir az-Zaman, p. 88

Thoughts?

also...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 06:00 PM
That lineage has been taken from Israeliyat. Hardly the truth.

Earth is 4.2 billions years old. Anyone who says otherwise is insane.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
^ I am speaking about humanity, not the universe/earth itself.

its possible that Adam alaihissalaam existed around 6000 years ago.

CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Humanity is about 150,000 years old. We have human creation such as flutes, pottery as old as 40,000 years ago. We also dont have any human fossils that are 40 feet tall.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Greetings and peace be with you CosmicPathos;

Humanity is about 150,000 years old. We have human creation such as flutes, pottery as old as 40,000 years ago.
5,600 years is roughly in line with Jewish scriptures and the Christian Old Testament, so I am happy to accept this. But for me it is more important to believe that God created Adam, I do not believe that God created apes that eventually evolved into Adam.

I cannot accept the theory of evolution in the way science explains it, I would rather trust in scripture.

In the spirit of searching for faith,

Eric

CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

5,600 years is roughly in line with Jewish scriptures and the Christian Old Testament, so I am happy to accept this. But for me it is more important to believe that God created Adam, I do not believe that God created apes that eventually evolved into Adam.

I cannot accept the theory of evolution in the way science explains it, I would rather trust in scripture.

In the spirit of searching for faith,

Eric
If evolution is true, I do not have a problem believing that humans evolved from animals, especially when many humans already show animal-like behavior. Moreover, in Quran God tells us that man has been created from fluid despised. There is no insult in accepting the fact if we really did evolve from lower animals, especially if God already tells us of our filthy origins. My problem is the fact that there is not enough evidence for evolution.

Insaanah
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
If evolution is true, I do not have a problem believing that humans evolved from animals, especially when many humans already show animal-like behavior. Moreover, in Quran God tells us that man has been created from fluid despised. There is no insult in accepting the fact if we really did evolve from lower animals, especially if God already tells us of our filthy origins. My problem is with the fact that there is not enough evidence for evolution.
Does this mean that you do not believe what Allah says in the Qur'an about creating Adam (alayhi assalaam) Himself with His hands?

Even Iblis acknowledged the fact:

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He said, "Should I prostrate to one You created from clay?" (17:61)

[ Allah ] said, "O Iblees, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with Both My Hands? Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?" (38:75)

CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He said, "Should I prostrate to one You created from clay?" (17:61)
I believe that Adam was created from clay as the verse says. But animals are also created from clay, no? Allah swt also said at other place in Quran that all living things were created from water. So when Allah says clay in this ayat, He is clearly using different stages of human creation. Water, clay etc.

This ayat in no way proves that Allah swt picked up clay stranded on the shore and made Adam out of it. And where does it say "by His own hands?"
If there are other verses I am missing, please let me know.

edit: Thanks for adding the second verse. I am not scholar of Quran but what does "Both my Hands" signify? Is Allah using that metaphorically to highlight the importance of humanity that its so spcecial that He had to use both His hands? Or did He really interact with matter and create Adam from stranded clay by His both Hands? Allah is all-powerful, He just kun and things are, why would He need to use hands to create human being?

Even today, we say that Allah swt provides us rizq, Allah swt creates babies but we know that food comes from earning money and baby is created after a certain act and after sperm and eggs meet.

w salam

Insaanah
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
If evolution is true, I do not have a problem believing that humans evolved from animals, especially when many humans already show animal-like behavior. Moreover, in Quran God tells us that man has been created from fluid despised. There is no insult in accepting the fact if we really did evolve from lower animals, especially if God already tells us of our filthy origins. My problem is the fact that there is not enough evidence for evolution.
I see there's been a u-turn:

Originally posted by CosmicPathos:

so you are saying Adam had parents who were animal like? Did these "hominid like" parents, as you describe them, have souls? Did they commit zina as animals commit with each other? I am not sure Adam would be born to zaani "hominid like" parents.

If Adam's immediate parents were "homind like" and not entirely homo sapiens, then when did Adam become a homo sapien? When he was in womb of his "hominid like" mother's womb? Or later when he was undergoing puberty (yea ridiculous). Or hmm ?
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1484736

I find it interesting and beautiful that in the Qur'an, Allah refers to the whole of humanity as:

Pickthall
"O children of Adam, if there come to you messengers from among you relating to you My verses, then whoever fears Allah and reforms - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve." (7:35)

And doesn't refer to us as "O children of apes", or "O children of hominids", or O children of animals."

What hasn't been related to us about the conditions at the time of the creation of Adam (peace be upon him) and any other creatures present, all counts as matters of the unseen, which we don't need to delve into.

Scientific theories can change at the drop of a hat, even after years of being held as accepted fact, and are precisely that, theories. Postulated by other humans who have the same human limitations and failings as us, which people nowadays rely on to shape their view of the world and its origins. We don't need to somehow see if we can make our belief accomodate those theories.

Allah told us that he created our parents Adam and Hawwa (peace be upon them both). There is no reason whatsover in Qur'an or sunnah to suppose that they evolved from anyone or anything, the only reason would be to try to see if we can "modernise" or "adapt" our belief to fit in with the current day trend, and this is really not a good road to go down.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Insaanah
10-21-2012, 10:45 PM
edit: Thanks for adding the second verse. I am not scholar of Quran but what does "Both my Hands" signify? Is Allah using that metaphorically to highlight the importance of humanity that its so spcecial that He had to use both His hands? Or did He really interact with matter and create Adam from stranded clay by His both Hands? Allah is all-powerful, He just kun and things are, why would He need to use hands to create human being?
His hands are different from ours akhi, we cannot perceive them, and nor should we attempt to:

There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing. (42:11, part)

Why do you then dispute concerning that which you have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and you know not. (3:66, part)

He told us He created Adam (alyhi assalaam) with His hands, that's all we need to know.

CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
I totally agree with you.

I've said I do not believe in evolution. I still stand by the old post you quote, no u-turns sister. I wrote that old post with the understanding that there is not enough evidence for evolution and it is hard to conceive when Adam evolved from a hominid-like creature. And what I wrote today is still based on lack of evidence. If evolution is indeed true (unlikely so though), it still does not overly contradict Quranic account of Man's creation.

I agree also we do not need to delve into it. I've stopped thinking about this, only replied cuz of the thread.

I hope I have not said something which is against the revealed truth.

w salam.

CosmicPathos
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
sister, forward to 4:00 mins.

Independent
10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
With regard to the timeline you quoted - I know that evolution is not accepted in Islam, but from other threads i got the impression that other members do believe that mankind/the Earth may be very much older than this (ie even billions of years, as in the scientific view). Have i got the wrong impression? Or is this something which Muslims hold different views on?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
^ no many muslims take scientists as firm authority when it comes to the age of the world with the evidence of "If you do not know, ask those who do know" as encouraged by islaam.

Allaah knows best but I just thought islamically its possible that the human race doesnt reach as far back as I myself once assumed it did. I thought 124,000 prophets came through in the time span of several hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. But Allah can send his prophets in huge numbers if he so wishes. The earth is a big place with a huge population right, it only makes sense for God to send a huge amount of prophets to each nation.

Perseveranze
10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
السلام عليكم

We need to be careful when it comes to handling hadith. I did a search to find out where you got the contents of the OP and only found it to be on some dodgy web sites.

There are many hadiths which talk about "age of humanity" or "age of earth", and what people (who are misguided) do, is that they try to use these hadiths to "predict" when Imam Mahdi or Judgement day will come.

All these hadiths are Da'if (weak/unauthentic), some of them are plain fabrications as well. Regarding the hadith in the OP;

The narration regarding the occurrence of 5600 years of the world, that is narrated by Abd al-Samad b. Ma'qil I- Wahb is also weak

- [Muhammad Bin Tahir - Sahih Wa Da'if Tarikh At-Tabari - Volume 6 - Page 5 - Hadith Number 3 - Footnote 3 - Source]

Should also be noted that not everything in Imam Ahmad's(ra) book is sound.

There's also similar hadiths, but this time the Earth is 7000 years old, which are also fabricated. Ibn Qayyim(ra) sums it up;

...And from these [guidelines] is that the report contradicts explicit passages of the Qur'aan, like the hadeeth about the length of the dunyaa, that it is 7000 years, and that we are in the seventh thousand. This is from the most obvious of lies, since had it been authentic, everyone would know that there can only remain 251 years! [Ibn al-Qayyim likely wrote this around the year 749] How can this be so when Allaah has said (what means), "They ask you about the Hour, when will it come? Say: 'Knowledge of it is only with my Lord. None can reveal its time other than Him. Its affair is heavy throughout the heavens and earth. It shall not come upon you except suddenly (without warning).' They ask you about it as if you know about it! Say: Its knowledge is only with Allaah." [al-A'raaf 7:187] And Allaah has said, [what means], "Verily with Allaah is knowledge of the Hour."

- [Ibn Qayyim al-Jowziyyah from his book, al-Manaar al-Muneef (pp.80-83)]

There's also another hadith which states the earth is 6,200 years old, but I think you already get the point; like the above, it's fabricated/unauthentic.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ no many muslims take scientists as firm authority when it comes to the age of the world with the evidence of "If you do not know, ask those who do know" as encouraged by islaam.

Allaah knows best but I just thought islamically its possible that the human race doesnt reach as far back as I myself once assumed it did. I thought 124,000 prophets came through in the time span of several hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. But Allah can send his prophets in huge numbers if he so wishes. The earth is a big place with a huge population right, it only makes sense for God to send a huge amount of prophets to each nation.
Also, the 124,000 prophets hadith is weak (unauthentic). We don't truly know how many messengers Allah(swt) sent, we should just stay on the safe side and say like the Qur'an says;

And for every Ummah (a community or a nation), there is a Messenger; when their Messenger comes, the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged. (Qur'ân 10:47)

And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e., do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). (Qur'ân 16:36)

And Allah(swt) knows best.

CosmicPathos
10-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Persevranze, nice post, as usual.

Perseveranze
10-22-2012, 12:24 AM
السلام عليكم

Evolution isn't the problem here, the problem is the belief that; Adam(as) came from or was a sub-human creature or that he(as) had a father or mother. We do not accept this, thus we do not (specifically speaking) accept "human evolution". Please read this article - http://www.jawziyyah.com/2009/11/evo...-telescopes-2/

CosmicPathos
10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
the problem is the belief that; Adam(as) came from or was a sub-human creature
Why is that problematic? Allah sswt already told us humans came from subhuman water and semen/fluid.

I am reading the article.

Insaanah
10-22-2012, 10:22 AM
sister, forward to 4:00 mins.
Host: "Quran mein agar zikr nahin he to ghalat huwa". Translation: "If it's not mentioned in the Qur'an, it's not true". After this I stopped watching.

This man does not appear to believe in hadeeth, is firing off his own assumptions and firing questions, being quite arrogant, picking and choosing ayaat which he can use to support his views which he wants Dr Israr to succumb to and confirm, under TV pressure and rapid fire, and Dr Israr, may Allah bless him and grant him firdous, is doing his best to answer, still remaining calm and polite, under that pressure. This video shows nothing and has no importance or relevance, and certainly cannot be used as proof of anything. Googling the host, it seems he tends to advocate for those groups of Muslims on the very fringes of, or outside Islam.

If evolution is true, I do not have a problem believing that humans evolved from animals, especially when many humans already show animal-like behavior. Moreover, in Quran God tells us that man has been created from fluid despised. There is no insult in accepting the fact if we really did evolve from lower animals, especially if God already tells us of our filthy origins.
Why is that problematic? Allah sswt already told us humans came from subhuman water and semen/fluid.
You are getting confused.

When Allah refers to His creation of Adam (alyhi assalaam) specifically, He does not use the term despised fluid.

He uses the terms clay or dust.

It is subsequent generations of man in which conception involves despised fluid.

Who perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.
Then He made his posterity out of the extract of a liquid disdained. (32:7-8)

Adam was honoured by God, rather than being despised:

Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness, and gave him guidance. (20:122)

[Iblees] said, "Do You see this one whom You have honored above me? If You delay me until the Day of Resurrection, I will surely destroy his descendants, except for a few." (17:62)

My problem is the fact that there is not enough evidence for evolution.
But there is evidence from the Qur'an that Allah created Adam (alyhi assalaam) Himself, with His own hands.

The lack of evidence for evolution, is not a problem. Unless you really want to believe it.

CosmicPathos
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Host: "Quran mein agar zikr nahin he to ghalat huwa". Translation: "If it's not mentioned in the Qur'an, it's not true". After this I stopped watching.
Ooh, I used the video to highlight Dr. Israr's answers, not the host. I do not even know who the host is.

Dr. Israr, who was a Quranic scholar of quite a high rank, does say in the video that evolution can fit in (for creation of Adam or after his creation, it is not clear). He also said that it is possible Allah swt created a whole generation of species out of whom He chose Adam as Prophet and the rest died off.

But yea, the host was being very provocative.

When Allah refers to His creation of Adam (alyhi assalaam) specifically, He does not use the term despised fluid.
Good point.

But there is evidence from the Qur'an that Allah created Adam (alyhi assalaam) Himself, with His own hands.
No one denies this. But we do not know what Allah's Hands mean or look like. It could involve a long process or it could be instant, you admitted that we do not exactly know what Allah using His Hands means. So it can be either way right? A long process of evolution (again guided by Allah's hands) or a direct creation? It is not as clear.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2012, 01:32 PM
i quoted the timeline as a "food for thought" because it can make sense.

This subject isnt very important to be honest but that quotation in the OP being daeef doesnt really abolish the possibility of a fairly young world right?

Allah knows best. Theres so many quotations out there from classical scholars who seem to believe this world is young.... and I give my faith to their work. but if you guys believe such a huge amount of narrations to be fabricated/weak unworthy of attention fair enough.

Insaanah
Ooh, I used the video to highlight Dr. Israr's answers, not the host. I do not even know who the host is.

Dr. Israr, who was a Quranic scholar of quite a high rank, does say in the video that evolution can fit in (for creation of Adam or after his creation, it is not clear). He also said that it is possible Allah swt created a whole generation of species out of whom He chose Adam as Prophet and the rest died off.

But yea, the host was being very provocative.
You've picked out one video of one person, that supports your line of thinking, while ignoring the many that speak against it.

This article originates from islam21c, but my computer won't let me go to it, but found it copied and pasted on another site, so will leave that for you to read:

http://quranreciter.wordpress.com/20...ution-aqeedah/

No one denies this. But we do not know what Allah's Hands mean or look like. It could involve a long process or it could be instant, you admitted that we do not exactly know what Allah using His Hands means. So it can be either way right? A long process of evolution (again guided by Allah's hands) or a direct creation? It is not as clear.
The Qur'an tells us, and it is the agreement of the scholars past and present, that Allah made Adam as a new creation, directly, with His hands, as outlined in the Qur'an.

The Qur'anic verses tell us it was a direct creation, and we have no reason to doubt that. They do not tell us that Adam evolved from apes or other beings, nor do we have any reason to suspect that.

O children of Adam, let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise, stripping them of their clothing to show them their private parts. Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. Indeed, We have made the devils allies to those who do not believe. (7:27)

Allah tells all of humanity in the Qur'an that Adam and Hawwaa (peace be upon them both) were our parents, and that we are the children of Adam. You cannot get any clearer than that. We have no other parents before them, nor is the human race anybody else's children. Allah is clearly telling us that they are the parents of the human race. They are, not any animal, nor any sub-human being, nor an animal-human hybrid, but Adam, as created by Allah, and honoured and guided by Him.

I did not make them witness to the creation of the heavens and the earth or to the creation of themselves.. (18:51, part)

And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. (6:59)

The creation of the heavens and earth is greater than the creation of mankind, but most of the people do not know. (40:57)

You're welcome to your doubts, but I believe what the Qur'an says without any addition to the details, or subtraction therefrom. I don't have really anything else to say.

:sl:

~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum

There are certain aspects in deen that we will never be able to fully comprehend.
This knowledge is held with Allah (subhanawataála), and our understanding of it, is only that which He has permitted.

"Who can intercede with Him except the cases He permits? He knows what is in front of them and what is behind them, and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He will." (Quran 2:255)

There is not much benefit in very lengthy discussions and debates about such topics, that are based on alot of conjecture, and that truly, nobody holds the answers to.

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 41 :: Hadith 591

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba:

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden for you, (1) to be undutiful to your mothers, (2) to bury your daughters alive, (3) to not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. charity, etc.) and (4) to beg of men (begging).

And Allah has hated for you (1) vain, useless talk, or that you talk too much about others, (2) to ask too many questions, (in disputed religious matters) and (3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance).

Such topics often go around in circles and tbh, does not add to our imaans.

There appears to be many flaws in the above time-line.

But who will ever know, but Allah Taa'la?

I think it is sufficient to know that mankind is old......very, very old : )
And that we are fast approaching the end of this time-line......like a train without any breaks.

Insha Allah, lets look forward on whats left of this journey (which may be shorter than we have anticipated), and leave the knowledge of the 'unseen' to Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
yeah your right sis zaria, I am most likely wrong.

for some reason I got excited about a young world.

dont really know why.

~Zaria~
10-22-2012, 01:37 PM
yeah your right sis zaria, I am most likely wrong.

for some reason I got excited about a young world.

dont really know why.

Its an interesting concept akhee.

I just fear the different theories that out there.

Allah knows best.

sister herb
10-22-2012, 03:16 PM
When I read daily news I sometimes (daily) think that "humanity" hasn´t began even at 2012. Wars, torturing, discriminate of other humans...

:hmm:

Humans we might be but real humanity we still have to study.

Muhaba
10-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I think that when Allah says He created Adam with His Hands, it signifies that Adam was directly created by Allah and didn't come from another creation. On the other hand, while we are all created by Allah, we come from our parents through natural reproduction process.

CosmicPathos
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
come from another creation.
Thats not right. Even clay is creation of Allah and so is water. So Adam came from other "creation."

CosmicPathos
10-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Who perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.
Then He made his posterity out of the extract of a liquid disdained. (32:7-8)
I've read this again. This does make it clear.

jazakAllah.

Do you think the word "perfected" is the right translation for the Arabic "ahsana?" Human beings biological bodies are not perfect, they get diseases for no apparent reason (personal experience!) and are mortal (will experience this too).

Perseveranze
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM
i quoted the timeline as a "food for thought" because it can make sense.

This subject isnt very important to be honest but that quotation in the OP being daeef doesnt really abolish the possibility of a fairly young world right?

Allah knows best. Theres so many quotations out there from classical scholars who seem to believe this world is young.... and I give my faith to their work. but if you guys believe such a huge amount of narrations to be fabricated/weak unworthy of attention fair enough.
السلام عليكم

It doesn't, but the issue is when people believe in a "young world" based on da'if or fabricated hadiths. Also, it's not about our belief in an opinionated sense - there's hadith sciences which are done by proper muhaddiths. No muhaddith was perfect, even Al Albani(rh) made mistakes in his gradings, and a book came out correcting him (which was written by his own students).

You should go by what the majority of the Muhaddith have said regarding particular hadiths, and I am pretty sure the hadiths regarding the age of the earth are all unauthentic.

But that's not to stop you from believing in a young earth if you wish, since, there's nothing in the Qur'an/Sunnah that indicates the age of the earth. It's just like whether you want to believe in Aliens or not.

Eric H
10-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Do you think the word "perfected" is the right translation for the Arabic "ahsana?" Human beings biological bodies are not perfect, they get diseases for no apparent reason (personal experience!) and are mortal (will experience this too).
In Christianity and Judaism it is said that all the time Adam ate from the tree of life he would not die, if he ate from the tree of knowledge he would be banished from the tree of life.

I seem to remember the Quran says something similar, but I could not find the passage. If this is the case then Adam was made perfect because he would not suffer disease and death. It is only because he disobeyed Allah that Allah took away his immunity and immortality.

Agnosticism and atheism creep in when we start to doubt our scriptures and Allah, they also creep in when the temptations of the world become too strong for us to resist, and we look for reasons to walk away from our faith.

In the spirit of praying for a greater faith and trust in our God

Eric

'Abd-al Latif
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
:salamext:

Is this really going to benefit anyone? One can't even determine when the day of judgement will occur with this guess-work estimation because the knowledge of the hour is only with Allah.

Samiun
10-22-2012, 10:45 PM
:sl: gobleki tepe a monument that existed around 6000++ before the pyramidmeans that scientifically humans have existed very long even survived the ice age. Only Allah knows when Adam a.s. was sent to earth

Insaanah
10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Greetings Eric,

In Christianity and Judaism it is said that all the time Adam ate from the tree of life he would not die, if he ate from the tree of knowledge he would be banished from the tree of life.

I seem to remember the Quran says something similar, but I could not find the passage.
In the Qur'an, Adam and Eve (peace be upon them) were warned against eating from one tree, the nature of which isn't specified. God tells them that if they ate from the tree, they would be wrong-doers. Satan tempts them:

He said, "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree except that you become angels or become of the immortal." (7:20, part)
And he swore to them, "Indeed, I am to you from among the sincere advisors." (7:21)

But the devil whispered to him, saying: O Adam! Shall I show thee the tree of immortality and power that wasteth not away? (20:120)

Satan had said that he would do his best to mislead humans. Placing Adam and Eve in the garden gave them their first experience of dealing with this challenge. In the Qur'an, it is clear that from the beginning, man was meant to live on earth and have the moral capacity to judge between good and evil and the freedom to choose between them. After eating from the tree, they had to leave the garden, but both of them repented and were forgiven by God. Their repentance was fully accepted.

This lesson for all the descendants of Adam tells us that we, as humans, have the freedom to choose, to err, and to repent sincerely if we wish, and should we do so, we will find Allah, Forgiving, Merciful. And that we need to be careful of Satan trying to mislead us.

Satan himself will admit on the day of judgement, to those who followed him:

And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but my promises were false. I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me.. (14:22, part)

If this is the case then Adam was made perfect because he would not suffer disease and death. It is only because he disobeyed Allah that Allah took away his immunity and immortality.
In Islam, that's not the case. Both Adam and Eve asked for forgiveness, and both were completely forgiven by their Merciful Lord, nothing further was needed.

Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. (20:122)

Illness and death aren't viewed as consequences resulting from Adam and Eve eating from the tree. In terms of humans facing illness, death and other tribulations, etc:

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, who, when misfortune befalls them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return." Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. (2:155-157)

Agnosticism and atheism creep in when we start to doubt our scriptures and Allah, they also creep in when the temptations of the world become too strong for us to resist, and we look for reasons to walk away from our faith.

In the spirit of praying for a greater faith and trust in our God

Eric H
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Insaanah;

Thanks for the explanation, it was very helpful.

May you be blessed.

Eric

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 01:55 PM
"it only makes sense for God to send a huge amount of prophets to each nation."
Historically theres only been one place associated with islamic prophets and thats the middle east. Unless you believe that native americans, aborigional tribes, the tribes of papa new guinea, the aztecs and so on were all muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!