/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Comparison

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I was thinking about a smoker. well it is stoptober eh

He smokes till he drives himself to addiction, he now needs 2 packets a day and I need none.
He feels some sort of intoxication that I, due to never having smoked, cannot grasp. And as long as I dont smoke I will never fall into it.
Now his insides are rotting away, mine are fresh and clean. Everyone around him is also at risk.

In this same way, I feel that every disbeliever around me is, due to the indulgence of this world, spoiling his nafs (as the nicotine ruins the lungs, sins ruin the soul).
If I indulge as he does, I too risk the addiction. He can never grasp my feeling anymore due to his constant state of longing and indulgence. Every word that he now says now contains traces of the tainted soul he is burdened by.

Why draw this comparison? So that even the christians can see what I feel they are doing to their soul. Its not just atheists and agnostics. You cant understand the truth of Islam without abstaining completely and cleaning out the system which is now spoilt...

What do I get out of this thought... the simple reminder that this world is a drug to me. And If I wish for the health of my soul to remain, I should abstain.

Is a disbeliever capable of abstaining anymore? without drinking/fornicating with his eyes/ears/heart etc. Can the disbeliever ever go a month without indulging in what his soul now cries out for? If he did, I am certain he will find God. But he is prevented from this....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!